Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150701_004229.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi all,

Today i've been looking at a night moves pinball machine. The machine was in great condition for its age. Playfield has slight wear around the inserts but inside the machine is as new. The owner asks 750 euros for it. Is that a reasonable price? I had 500 euro in mind as my maximum price but he doesn't want to lower his price.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Bart

#2 9 years ago

Any thoughts?

#3 9 years ago

I really like this game and recommend it.

But I don't know what prices are in Europe and my sense is all machines are more expensive there. Here in the states they sell for around 400 US dollars or 295.43 Euros. I'm probably not much help beyond bumping your post.

Best wishes

Kim

#4 9 years ago

Thanks Kim, I had a feeling they were less expensive in the US. I do like the game but I think I'll let it pass for this price.

#5 9 years ago

Wish you were closer to me. I've actually been pretty curious about this game. Love the music!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I really like this game and recommend it.
But I don't know what prices are in Europe and my sense is all machines are more expensive there. Here in the states they sell for around 400 US dollars or 295.43 Euros.

Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen any of these is working order sell for $400. $600-800 is what I've seen on these forums, although I'm sure CL deals pop up for less.

That said, I definitely agree with your recommendation. Night Moves really utilizes its wide body well, there is plenty to do on the playfield, which was laid out very nicely by John Trudeau. And I love the angle you get playing while seated in front of it.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen any of these is working order sell for $400. $600-800 is what I've seen on these forums, although I'm sure CL deals pop up for less.

You're most likely right. I just pulled that price out of the guide. And Night Moves seems to have become very popular lately. It had a low production run and I'll bet they're fairly rare in Europe.

Hey Dezaanster, you might want to re think this. Maybe make the seller an offer.

Kim

#8 9 years ago

NM and CC are very rare. There are many people looking for these now. The price may be high, but you have to weight something like that against how much you actually want this niche machine, and the likelihood of you coming across one again.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

NM and CC are very rare.

Good ol' CC ambiguity. (Cactus Canyon vs Caribbean Cruise! )

For less familiar readers, I just want to point out that the "CC" referenced in this thread is the other Gottlieb cocktail that features multi-ball, "Caribbean Cruise," which shares essentially the same cabinet as Night Moves, but is a System 3 (Night Moves is a System 80b).

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

Good ol' CC ambiguity. (Cactus Canyon vs Caribbean Cruise! )

In threads talking about NM, I figure CC is understood. It's like RS in a Stones thread.

#11 9 years ago

I bought a beat up non-working example recently for somewhere in the general range of what you have found.

I would guess they are VERY rare in EU, so if you like it and it is working then offer him $500 and see what happens.

1 week later
#12 9 years ago

These are indeed very rare in Europe. In over 12 years of collecting, this is the first one I've come across.

Todd from TNT has an interesting story on its history in a Youtube video for this game. According to him, it was never sold to distributors. Just as a franchise. Which makes sense with the fact that you almost never see these in Europe.

Anyway, I've just bought the game the OP was referring to. It's in great condition. I've ordered Noflix Plus leds and transparent rubbers for it to make it look even cooler.

#13 9 years ago

I acquired a NM about 10 years ago. I stopped at a bowling alley on my way to Lake Tahoe. There it was sitting in the corner. I asked the manager about it and he said to call the owner, which I did. The owner said it did OK there but nothing to speak of. I offered him a 4 day / 3 night stay at our FunHouse (vacation home) in Lake Tahoe, valued at $199 night = $597. He agreed. He has never called me back since.

However, I did stop in the same bowling alley several years back. I mentioned my arrangement with the manager, which he remembered. He said the "owner" of the game, went to jail for a very long time. I didn't ask, and he didn't offer why. He said it looks like I got the game for free. Very lucky for me. I'm still good on my offer to him tho.

1 year later
#14 8 years ago

I just came across this old post. Has it been a year already? Wow. Time flies.

Like I said in an earlier post, I bought the actual machine the OP was referring to. Cleaned it, mylared it, LED'ed it out with Noflix Plus. It now looks like this.

IMG_20150701_004229.jpgIMG_20150701_004229.jpg

It turns out to be a great machine, especially at parties. I got offered more than twice what I paid for the machine, but for now it's not going anywhere. Way too much fun!

#15 8 years ago

The best of the cocktail pins by far, barely missed one for 700$ a month ago, such a great game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-moves-pinball-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.