You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180416-192714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

Hi,

Quick question, on the Night Moves cocktail pin, (has multi-ball fyi), there are two kickout holes, (left and right), on the unit I have the right kickout will receive and kick back a ball no issues. The Left unit, will catch, and register (switch works), but will NOT kick the ball back out. It looks like the solenoid is not working, however ohming fine and diode tests good. What is controlling that solenoid to fire, is that the driver board, or are the kickouts handled by the Kickout driver board? I can't see where exactly these holes are controlled through.

Thanks,

Didj

#2 5 years ago

Transistor

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, transistor on the main driver board? Or the smaller secondary transistor board, A16? http://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/MA-940/detail.JPG

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 5 years ago

To be honest i have never worked on one, but know it has gottlieb boards and thats what would drive them, if you dont have a manual you could always follow the wires to where the board then follow the trace to the transistor then test it, some people on this site have a pdf of the manual if you do a search on here or google.

#5 5 years ago

Screenshot_20180416-192714 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180416-192714 (resized).jpg

#6 5 years ago

Manual says it's these. How do I test?

#7 5 years ago

I usually just test it with digital multimeter set to ohms and check it against a known working one (if the readings are similar it should be good) the screws are where it gets ground so try tightening them first. I had one that wasnt working and thats all it was, the screws were not tight. You can check that by setting meter to ohms and put one probe on base of transistor the the other on the board trace that is ground.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-moves-kickout-hole-control and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.