(Topic ID: 21165)

Night Moves cocktail pin - not working. Price & advice?

By SPeD66

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by viperrwk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

From the ad:
"it isnt working right now...it was working great but then for some reason it stopped...i really dont want to get rid of it but i dont have a clue how to fix it or have any extra money to put into getting it fixed...im moving & just trying to get the best offer possible in the shortest amount of time"

I looked around & found out that these are somewhat rare but actually pretty fun. It'd be an hour drive to go look at it. How do you open one of these up to look underneath? If a guy couldn't tell from looking what the problem might be, what's a reasonable offer? I also wonder what one of these sold for when new back in the day?

#2 11 years ago

Night moves and carribean cruise are the only 2 fun cocktail games. Key unlocks the top glass and the whole top comes off and playfield lifts just like a full size machine. Gottlieb boards so it can be fixed easily unlike Allied Leisure stuff. Shoot low for price - top end nice and fully working around 1k but non working maybe you can get it for a couple hundred.

Good luck!

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

top end nice and fully working around 1k

I don't know if they appreciated that much. A year or two ago, I knew someone that had four of each NIB for $1k apiece. They are rare, but they are rare because ops didn't want 'em. I eventually would like a Caribbean Cruise because I have fun memories of playing it while on a Caribbean cruise, but $500ish sounds a LOT more fair. It's like a more limited System 11 game.

I'd suggest non-working, $250ish tops. They aren't horrible, but they really do play like a System 11 game with no ramps and often funny rules.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

From the ad:
"it isnt working right now...it was working great but then for some reason it stopped...i really dont want to get rid of it but i dont have a clue how to fix it or have any extra money to put into getting it fixed...im moving & just trying to get the best offer possible in the shortest amount of time"
I looked around & found out that these are somewhat rare but actually pretty fun. It'd be an hour drive to go look at it. How do you open one of these up to look underneath? If a guy couldn't tell from looking what the problem might be, what's a reasonable offer? I also wonder what one of these sold for when new back in the day?

I thought about contacting the seller as I'm probably 15 minutes away....Not that rare as I've seen them for sell many times in the past few years. They use system 80b gottlieb boards so they are repairable, but unless the cosmetics are pristine I wouldn't spring for more than $100. You didn't paste the rest of his ad where he says it doesn't look new and he didn't post pictures, so I'm betting it is beat to hell. Based on the tone of the ad, and no listing price, the guy is fishing and I'd be surprised if he's in the ballpark of reasonable offers. But good luck if you decide to take the chance.

#5 11 years ago

Seriously, if someone still had one NIB, I would drop 1k on it no thinking twice, and drive cross-country to get it, so if you have that hookup, please for the love of god lemme know. =\

#6 11 years ago

I'll take 1 of each NIB for 1K each and pay for NAVL. Hook me up!

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Seriously, if someone still had one NIB, I would drop 1k on it no thinking twice, and drive cross-country to get it, so if you have that hookup, please for the love of god lemme know. =\

Not anymore. I was on and off again thinking about it, as it wouldn't have been a terrible drive for me (it was Michigan), but by the time I had it somewhat figured out, he had sold them in bulk to someone else, from what he told me for something like $5k for the lot of 'em.

They might still be out there, somewhere... but I no longer have any idea where.

#8 11 years ago

If anyone has a lead on one for sale I'd appreciate any kind of heads up.

#9 11 years ago

If you don't buy this PM me. I am really wanting one of these for my office and haven't been able to find one in SoCal.

#10 11 years ago

I have heard parts are hard to come by and they are not easy to fix... but they look cool.

#11 11 years ago

I was thinking this was closer to me than it is. More like 2 1/2 hours drive & it's not a title I'm dying to have. I'm gonna pass, but PromoJoe23 pm'ed me about the ad so I'll send him the info rather than paste it here. Maybe he can post the info here if he also passes.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I have heard parts are hard to come by and they are not easy to fix... but they look cool.

System 80B for NM and Sys3 for CC - except for game specific parts all should be available from Steve Young. Even the ROMs are available on IPDB - can't say that about any other Gottlieb. I'd love to pick up one of these to replace my GP Vegas which gets no love from my family and has to go...

viperrwk

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

System 80B for NM and Sys3 for CC - except for game specific parts all should be available from Steve Young. Even the ROMs are available on IPDB - can't say that about any other Gottlieb. I'd love to pick up one of these to replace my GP Vegas which gets no love from my family and has to go...

I stand corrected.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I was thinking this was closer to me than it is. More like 2 1/2 hours drive & it's not a title I'm dying to have. I'm gonna pass, but PromoJoe23 pm'ed me about the ad so I'll send him the info rather than paste it here. Maybe he can post the info here if he also passes.

Since you passed, I went ahead and took a look at it since it was only 15 miles away. All I can say is I'm a sucker for pretty eyes, especially when they're sad. Met a nice young woman in need, so I forked over some cash for a game that's destined for the scrap bin. The cabinet had sat in water and is completely rotted. Her dad had taped the entire cabinet with duct tape to hold it together. It was out in a shed so I didn't even bother to plug it in, but the boards are all there and look fine. The plastics are in good shape. The PF is worn around some inserts and checked in one area. Underside looks brand new which is weird. Sooooo.....Long story, short, I helped someone in need and now I need to make a trip to the dump. If anyone wants a project game or needs some 80b boards or Night Moves plastics or playfield, let me know. I'll sell the game complete for exactly what I paid, not a penny more if someone wants to save her. Oh, and it's missing the apron. She has it and will find it, but I needed to leave for an appointment so I couldn't hang around to locate it.

#15 11 years ago

Too late when I called but sounds like it was for the best. Finding one out here in SoCal has been tough enough let alone trying to find parts for one. Robert I would grab it from you but shipping it out here makes it not a wise choice on my end. Thanks SPeD66 for the info though! I really appreciated it.

#16 11 years ago

Yeah, Joe, I had you in mind when I went to look at it....I didn't really want it before going (and REALLY didn't want it after seeing it), but I figured if I could get it inexpensively, it'd be easier for you to get it shipped from me than her. I'd only charge you my gas $ on top of the price of the pin. This was out in the sticks in a mobile home park. You would have had no chance in getting it shipped. Unfortunately after seeing it, I knew it'd not be worth sending to you...But I was there, she was upset (long story), and I felt bad for her.

As it stands now, it's just going to be taking up garage space until I can figure out what to do with it. For anyone wanting it locally, $50 and it is yours.

#17 11 years ago

Dibs if still available!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yeah, Joe, I had you in mind when I went to look at it....I didn't really want it before going (and REALLY didn't want it after seeing it), but I figured if I could get it inexpensively, it'd be easier for you to get it shipped from me than her. I'd only charge you my gas $ on top of the price of the pin. This was out in the sticks in a mobile home park. You would have had no chance in getting it shipped. Unfortunately after seeing it, I knew it'd not be worth sending to you...But I was there, she was upset (long story), and I felt bad for her.
As it stands now, it's just going to be taking up garage space until I can figure out what to do with it. For anyone wanting it locally, $50 and it is yours.

If the boards are ok you could easily sell them for more than that.

Too bad the cab was shot. I've been in the same situation - buying a game from someone that needed me to buy it and I'm doing them a favor by doing so.

viperrwk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-moves-cocktail-pin-not-working-price-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.