• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
DSC00153 (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

This is my first new post here so forgive me if its screwed up.

I've had a selection of pins in my bedroom for many years and curious to see if others have
put them there too. One of the things I enjoy most is early in the morning, while its still
dark out, to power up a few (especially Sinbad and Genie) and marvel at the artwork.
My second favorite thing (other than playing of course) is showing married couples
the collection in the bedroom. The typical response from the hubby is 'cool, can we play
them' (of course!). But the wife's reaction is 'don't even think about it'. Occasionally
the comments are reversed. And of course there are those that think its nuts.

I've added a poll to see where the hard core pinheads here stand. The pic is of a few on
one wall. I've got 14 set up and playing and another few stored under those set up.
Steve

DSC00153 (resized).JPGDSC00153 (resized).JPG
#2 2 years ago

I once had a Twilight Zone set up in my bedroom.

Godzilla has been in there, but folded up.

#3 2 years ago

Apparently can't add a poll but would like to hear comments.
Steve

#4 2 years ago

I once delivered a Williams Contact to a lady way out in the woods. When I arrived I asked where she wanted the machine setup. She wanted it right next to her bed so she could - and I quote - "Get drunk as a hootie owl and play pinball until I fall into bed".

#5 2 years ago

I haven’t done this but have contemplated moving into the guest room and bring more machines into the current bedroom.

Many guests have offered to sleep under my machines if no other option.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I one had a Twilight Zone set up in my bedroom.

So did I. It was the first pin I ever bought, and way before I thought about buying more and making a whole game room. Yeah... things kinda spiraled out of control.

#7 2 years ago

If you play when someone is trying to sleep I think it would give an entirely new meaning to "midnight madness"!

Is this setup because you don't have other space in the house or because you ran out of space? Or is this your preferred room to have them in? It does seem great from a "reaction" perspective when you show other people.

I'd feel strange about having guests in my bedroom to play games and also my bedroom is on the second floor which is harder to get a pin into than my basement game room so I'd never personally consider it for those reasons. Also I usually play at night and it would definitely keep my wife up if I had a few machines going a few feet from the bed!

#8 2 years ago

I love my games but at this point in my life I am totally content to have the gameroom be the gameroom and my bedroom be a bedroom.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

If you play when someone is trying to sleep I think it would give an entirely new meaning to "midnight madness"!
Is this setup because you don't have other space in the house or because you ran out of space? Or is this your preferred room to have them in? It does seem great from a "reaction" perspective when you show other people.
I'd feel strange about having guests in my bedroom to play games and also my bedroom is on the second floor which is harder to get a pin into than my basement game room so I'd never personally consider it for those reasons. Also I usually play at night and it would definitely keep my wife up if I had a few machines going a few feet from the bed!

Ran out of room in the house even after adding on a 400 sq-ft dedicated arcade. 52 pins so far and 25 vids.
The bedroom is huge. Too big in fact so it was a convenient place to put them. I really like it because
I wake up inside an arcade every morning! Wifee has her her own room and so far have been unable
to place a pin 'on location' there but came close with Bad Cats.
Steve

#10 2 years ago

I’ve been in that bedroom....

#11 2 years ago

In my old 1BR apartment

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12 2 years ago
Quoted from zarco:

The bedroom is huge.

Judging by how many pins you have in there it's the size of my entire bloody house....

#13 2 years ago

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I once delivered a Williams Contact to a lady way out in the woods. When I arrived I asked where she wanted the machine setup. She wanted it right next to her bed so she could - and I quote - "Get drunk as a hootie owl and play pinball until I fall into bed".

Pics or it didn't happen.

#15 2 years ago

Lucky... I can't even put a pin inside the house because my wife can't stand the noise.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Lucky... I can't even put a pin inside the house because my wife can't stand the noise.

Put her in the garage. Problem solved

#17 2 years ago

Unless you live in a 1 bed studio, I can't see how a pin in the bedroom would ever be a good idea.

#18 2 years ago

When I bought a captain fantastic and tri zone they were basically end tables to a full size bed. Just remembered that.

#19 2 years ago

If you decide to have a William's system 3- system 11 as a nightlight be sure to fuse those rectifiers or at least have a working smoke detector in your bedroom along with an extinguisher.

#20 2 years ago

Your a lucky man I had to build a separate building

#21 2 years ago

I've had a pin in my bedroom for years. It is absolutely limited to ONE, and it cannot have cool white bulbs in it. So it is always a classic game. It's for those long work nights where I get home and just want a bit of relaxed pinball before bed.

#22 2 years ago

Since we live in an appartment the neighbours beneath us would'nt appreciate a pin in the bedroom very much, I guess, besides that I think this is "generally" ok (if you have the room and your partner is into this as well).

BUT, without mentioning names, I've seen "tours" of pinsiders homes with games in each and every room, blocking access to cupboards, kitchen appliances etc., that's when things get out of hand imho... XD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 18.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-light-is-a-pinball-machine-pins-in-the-bedroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.