• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A9F8C64-5983-4924-8C36-83728112ECCD (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Hi

I have been using hemi night crawler mod in my xmen le. The two pop up and down no problem however only the left one lights up now. I don't see any fuses blown (looking at the back glass fuses) and it's wierd that only one lights up still, points to NOT a bad board I think. Therefore I'm guess the led got loose or is blown itself. Since the mod came with the machine when I got it I have no idea how it's installed and how I should go about checking the led

Any suggestions on why this may be happening? The popping works great but the right one doesn't light up anymore

Anyone have installation instructions?

If it is a blown led, where may I go to replace the exact piece (blue led)

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

There is a long rod on each micro switch that activates the switch, which then applies the DC to the led, put the playfield up and turn the power on to the machine and activate the switch, if the light does not come on then it's the led that's bad, if it does come on then the switch needs adjusted, personally I like the lights on even when down as it gives a subtle light all around the crawler, if you like it just put a tie wrap around the rod and switch housing to keep it on all the time. The rod adjustment is tricky and hard to get in adjustment. If you want the installation instructions pm me your email. Tom

4 months later
#3 6 years ago

Hey friends, still at this but I can firm that the led is not bad, the switch has voltage on both connections but the wire that connects to the led only has voltage on the red wire. Either I don’t know how to test the voltage on the black wire or the black wire has a connection issue. How do I test the black wire? Are there work around a that I could jimmy rig

Ok here is what happened after a vault test.
I tested the switch both ends and I have 12 v on each end. I had the black ground touching the side of the cabinet and hit the red end on both metal pieces.

Then I tested the end wire. The red end touched the red wire and 12 v. Then I touched the red end to the black wire and nothing happened.

How do I test the black wire? I tried switchin got where the red was touching the cabinet and the black end touching black wire but no voltage

Remember I took the led and tried it on another site and it lite up however when I place it on the correct wires it doesn’t light up. The black wire doesn’t have voltAge. Something also I tried was roughing the metal test to the switch that I confirmed power on and it doesn’t make the led turn on but if I try a different connection the led will work? I don’t know enough about switches to know if this is a bad switch or not but I do know the switch is on the on position and the red wire that feeds off of it has voltage

#4 6 years ago

9A9F8C64-5983-4924-8C36-83728112ECCD (resized).jpeg9A9F8C64-5983-4924-8C36-83728112ECCD (resized).jpeg

#5 6 years ago

I tried unplugging the wires before the switch and connected the wires to the other switch that is light in up the led and it lights up still so that tells me that the wiring is ok I think.

It’s somewhere between the connecting wire and the switch maybe where the led doesn’t work on the right side. It’s weird because the brackets on the switch have a voltage. Maybe that tells me the switch is bad?

What I know
- led works on another connection
- switch has voltage on it on both sites
- the wires that would connect to the led has a 12 v on the red wire and no volt on the black wire
- if I plug the led in prior to the switch wire it lights up

Does his sound like a bad switch?

7 months later
#6 5 years ago

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the same issue but with the left night crawler.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-crawler-mod-instructions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.