(Topic ID: 50156)

NiftyLED

By grh450

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I received my bulb order from NiftyLED, and I am VERY happy with them.
    That is all.

#2 10 years ago

Damn, their ish is expensive son! I'd hope you're happy for dem prices!

#3 10 years ago

I picked up a few at a show to try. I'm pretty excited about how it made my Incredible Hulk look. I like how the ones that have the flexible bulb so you can position it exactly where you want it. It isn't cheap to do a whole machine, but I'd guess you'd never replace a bulb again and it the heat reduction has got to keep the paint in better condition. I'd only suggest investing the money in a machine you plan to keep in your collection - I doubt the investment increases machine value in any way.

#4 10 years ago

has anyone tried the flashers yet?

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

has anyone tried the flashers yet?

PERFECT for ACDC "bolts"

#6 10 years ago

Cool I didn't know if they would be good or not. You can't beat the price on them.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

I'd like to think we are competitively priced to the other LED companies...

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

I received my bulb order from NiftyLED, and I am VERY happy with them.
    That is all.

Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate it!

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

PERFECT for ACDC "bolts"

Which ones did you use?

Quoted from NiftyLED:

I'd like to think we are competitively priced to the other LED companies...

Based off your web page I'd say you are competitive. Some things are cheaper and some are more expensive. I'm just happy to see someone carry these again. I know they aren't a favorite as they aren't much brighter than standard lights but I use them for the color displacement and the bennifit of LED's. I don't really like the blind your eyes bright stuff. http://www.niftyled.com/Flasher/Flasher/89-5-Flux-Flasher-Cool-White-p148.html

#10 10 years ago

damn... i might have to trial some of their flashers... good prices

#11 10 years ago

Good to hear, will pick up some from their booth at PAGG.

#12 10 years ago

Available for LOTR LE ?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

spensive?...I think they are pretty reasonable (NOT a paid spokesperson)

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Which ones did you use?

906 Super Bright Flasher Cool White

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

906 Super Bright Flasher Cool White

Thanks. Going to try them. Placed an order for them, some blue ones and a couple 89 flashers to test out.

#16 10 years ago

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....everybody is copying my LED designs that I spent 10 years developing.....

( just thought I would be the first )

#17 10 years ago

You think that's bad? I spent 34 years developing the socket!

#19 10 years ago

How are the bases? Alot of LEDs don't stay put in the new plastic sockets. IM about to place a flasher order...maybe a ill try niftys.

What's the best model for backboard flashers?

#20 10 years ago

TFA - I ordered some 906 flashers. I'll let you know how they fit in my AC/DC if you'd like. I know the second part wasn't directed towards me but I personally like the below flasher for the back box. They allow you to color match and disperse the light very well but aren't so bright they look out of place. The other flashers out now are a bit to focused for a backbox in my oppinion.

This type of flashers - http://www.niftyled.com/Flasher/Flasher/89-5-Flux-Flasher-Cool-White-p148.html . I used to buy them all the time from CT but they stopped selling them so have been looking for a vendor that carries them

#21 10 years ago

IM looking for nice, bright and dispersed flashers for the backboard domes in my avengers. I want to color match...so I need all colors basically. Vette, is your recommended flasher the 5 flux for this?
    Thanks man!

#22 10 years ago

I haven't tried LED flashers in the domes yet as I've been affraid I'd lose the fade effect.

For domes though I'd recommend the more standard type of flasher as they will be brighter than the ones I was talking about. The ones I was talking about work great behind a translite. That's what my mind was telling me the back box was.

Something like http://www.niftyled.com/Flasher/Flasher/89-5-Super-Bright-Flasher-Red-p207.html should work well. Since this is a thread about nifty I wanted to link to some they have. Something like this http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1501&categoryId=8 would probally work great back their too as they are super bright and the domes would help disperse the light. (Sorry nifty. You don't sell that kind so I couldn't link to it).

#23 10 years ago

Good call on the fading. Maybe ill leave the back board alone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/niftyled and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.