6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hi Pinsiders- we're thinking of doing a group buy, but are curious what people may be most interested in... so, we're looking for some suggestions on some LEDs that you guys might be interested in buying in bulk.

Please let us know your suggestions and if we get enough interest in a particular base/color/type, then we'll see about setting up a group buy.

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

I'm a relative pinball newbie, so I've not heard of your company. How do yours compare to Cointaker or the ablaze lights?

Apologies if this is a dumb question.

#3 6 years ago

Frosted cool white #44's are pretty useful.....

#4 6 years ago

Non ghosting LEDs would be a necessity for me.

If you can make a good variety of non ghosting in retro/frosted/clear domed/flex bulbs in all colors for cheaper than the competitors you would have a lot of pinheads ordering from you. The key is having that variety, until you do it may be tough because many of us want to go to one place to get all the bulbs we need instead of two or three.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm a relative pinball newbie, so I've not heard of your company. How do yours compare to Cointaker or the ablaze lights?
    Apologies if this is a dumb question.

Wolfmarsh- Not a dumb question at all. We're a newer pinball LED company, so with that, we're smaller. Our LEDs are of the same or better quality than that of our competition. We know that our quality is there- but our prices are lower than our competition. Feel free to check us out at www.niftyled.com and see for yourself

tamoore/The_Dude_Abides- Thanks for your input!

#6 6 years ago

Yep, like the Dude says, everyone needs non-strobbing LEDs for GI.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yea! Are these non ghosting? Very important!!!

#8 6 years ago

your flashers and flex lamps are at a very good price. it would be good if you made a sample pack to buy like pinball life. I think that would be a good way to get people to try them out.

#9 6 years ago

Don't forget, we need a PINSIDE discount of 10% like we get with Cointaker.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

your flashers and flex lamps are at a very good price. it would be good if you made a sample pack to buy like pinball life. I think that would be a good way to get people to try them out.

Thanks for the tip! We'll have to try that out.

#11 6 years ago

How about a warm white retro group buy?

#12 6 years ago

Bah, wrong thread for some reason. DELETE ME!

#13 6 years ago

Warm white and Cool white retros and frosteds. Mix of 44s and 555s.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I thought non ghosting was just for inserts? So we need a premium non ghosting bulb for all GI too? If so, what are the ordinary, lower price LEDs good for?

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If so, what are the ordinary, lower price LEDs good for?

Backbox and inserts.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from MMforever:

Ebay link
    Ebay link
    Ebay link
    Ebay link

First link takes us to ebay homepage
    Second link is the only actual link that works.. and those are 12 volt bulbs.
    Third link is ebay France?
    Fourth link also ebay France?

#18 6 years ago

So could we all come to a consensus here as to which bulb you guys would like a group buy on?

Super Brights seem to be a common bulb that everyone can use in their game

What would be a reasonable minimum for the amount of bulbs each person has to order?
    What would the community expect as a delivery time frame?

Thank you everyone for the input so far… hopefully we can put something spectacular for the Pinside Community!

#19 6 years ago

It seems that the domes on your LEDs are taller than the cointaker bulbs. Not sure I'd like that look.

#20 6 years ago

I think the supers in 44 should be the first, coolwhite and warm white.
    any reveiws on there product? cointaker and pbl have great reputations. Not much of a price diffence in your complany and the industrial leader Cointaker.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

It seems that the domes on your LEDs are taller than the cointaker bulbs. Not sure I'd like that look.

Thanks for the feedback, are you speaking from experience or just by pictures of our product?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I think the supers in 44 should be the first, coolwhite and warm white.
    any reveiws on there product? cointaker and pbl have great reputations. Not much of a price diffence in your complany and the industrial leader Cointaker.

As with any company first starting out we don't have many reviews on our products..... We know there are many places the community can get LEDs

We hope to service the Pinball community with not only excellent product but with excellent customer service, a great informative website, and being able to actually check your order using the website! $5 dollar flat rate shipping AND free shipping for orders over $100.00, how could anyone complain about that?!

As far as price goes...we feel that our prices are competitive with the "other guys" while maintaining the same or better quality.

#23 6 years ago

I really like Warm Frosted.. I think you will find other guys really like the Retro's so I would say a group buy on either.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Non ghosting LEDs would be a necessity for me.
    If you can make a good variety of non ghosting in retro/frosted/clear domed/flex bulbs in all colors for cheaper than the competitors you would have a lot of pinheads ordering from you. The key is having that variety, until you do it may be tough because many of us want to go to one place to get all the bulbs we need instead of two or three.

+1

#25 6 years ago

Nifty,
    You haven't commented once yet on the "non ghosting" stuff a few people have brought up.

You do know what we're talking about right?

It's essentially when "phantom" voltage is going through the light matrix and causing LED's to light up (when they otherwise should not) due to the lower resistance than a regular bulb.

If it were me, I would stock ONLY Non-ghosting/Premium LED's as they call them
    (I would imagine it's just a little change in resistor at the manufacturing level).

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Nifty,
    You haven't commented once yet on the "non ghosting" stuff a few people have brought up.
    You do know what we're talking about right?
    It's essentially when "phantom" voltage is going through the light matrix and causing LED's to light up (when they otherwise should not) due to the lower resistance than a regular bulb.
    If it were me, I would stock ONLY Non-ghosting/Premium LED's as they call them
    (I would imagine it's just a little change in resistor at the manufacturing level).

Our apologies for not addressing your concern.... As you may know there is a premium cost with non ghosting and while I love non ghosting bulbs for any machine that I own.... Not everyone is willing to pay the premium for these bulbs. We will be stocking non ghosting product(we already stock 1 SKU) in big quantity in the near future. If the response is enough we can definitely host a group buy on non ghosting product..... Hope this answers your question...

#27 6 years ago

This thread is giving me a nose bleed. No need to be concerned.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

Thanks for the feedback, are you speaking from experience or just by pictures of our product?

I haven't bought any of your LEDs. I made the statement based on how the look in the pictures.

#29 6 years ago

In my view having ALL flex LEDs being premium(non-ghosting) is a must. That is the one LED that is used in inserts 95% of the time. Sure cheaper/good quality GI lights are always needed and likely don't need to be premium so it's a decent market there.

I will say the one product/price that caught my eye is the "89 super bright cool white flashers", $2.25 is much cheaper than what most the others sell them for. Now you just need more colors than just white. Although when I say that, I have more or less switched to using Cointakers "Flat 8" flashers in most my games now, they are $1.99 and work just as good in most situations I need flashers for, so right back to the point of I am not sure you have a better/cheaper option here.

I agree with most of what has been posted so far, premium(non-ghosting) LEDs are a priority for me and many others anymore. If they can be done at a cheaper price than most sell them for in all varieties of colors and bulb types, you have a winner. If not you are fighting against big players that have been around with a track record of good products and will continue to get most peoples business with LEDs.

#30 6 years ago

First link takes us to ebay homepage
    Second link is the only actual link that works.. and those are 12 volt bulbs.
    Third link is ebay France?
    Fourth link also ebay France?

it has led the 4.5 /12v will, all my machine the same

image.jpg // Error: Image 84790 not found // image.jpg

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

So could we all come to a consensus here as to which bulb you guys would like a group buy on?
    Super Brights seem to be a common bulb that everyone can use in their game
    What would be a reasonable minimum for the amount of bulbs each person has to order?
    What would the community expect as a delivery time frame?
    Thank you everyone for the input so far… hopefully we can put something spectacular for the Pinside Community!

it has led the 4.5 12v will, all my machine the same image.jpg

#32 6 years ago

frosted warm white, are the best for gi, they keep the same look through the plastics as intended by the art designers, in both 555, and 44 style, plus your basic supers, in red, blue, green, orange,purple,pink, warm, and bright white.

1 month later
    #33 6 years ago

I copied your post from another thread and thought a response was warranted but that it was more appropriate to put it in one of the threads you had started.

Quoted from NiftyLED:

We were just kind of laying low..trying to earn some biz..didnt know we could just blast the forum with a discount code and get stickied...
    We even asked previously if we could sponsor somehow on the side with paid ads..

Pinside is ad free (thankfully) but still a good resource that is basically free for companies to sell pinball related stuff. How you can contribute to the site is by donating and/or providing Pinsiders with a discount. Vender discount's are stickied to alert Pinsider's of the offer otherwise how would anyone know that the vender was good enough to offer Pinside members a discount?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 11.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 299.00
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside