(Topic ID: 179489)

"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

By NicoVolta

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tiltpic (resized).jpg
    pinballpeople (resized).jpg
    82AEE677-99AB-4A06-88A1-AC46A83934EF (resized).jpeg
    E7F956A9-A133-49D5-837E-2E60D848B928 (resized).jpeg
    BEC68D50-0F81-45CE-8DB4-923B9BB92E4F (resized).jpeg
    0D22BACD-6C20-4EFC-9566-72C275C7A0E9 (resized).jpeg
    KVIL poster (resized).jpg
    CA49040D-6630-4A45-98EC-098A17B1BC1E (resized).jpeg
    5BF19104-DCAB-43FB-8061-580F76A59EEB (resized).jpeg
    7635D833-0BF0-4A15-8D04-D5018215C5CC (resized).jpeg
    B353F092-BEC0-4EEA-9E80-4D958D496017 (resized).jpeg
    D197D070-C43D-4F3B-B4DC-6930AE040CD6 (resized).jpeg
    30AF8562-5B01-48D9-B9E3-07ADE8DFDE9F (resized).jpeg
    519741C7-0D7D-4E9B-B73B-5D622A352BD4 (resized).jpeg
    08E3B205-7BC0-417C-8C93-E12F0EF5F0B2 (resized).jpeg
    EADCF2A6-148F-4FFB-B852-3C9EDC8A5C67 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

93 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 NNAPT - Nic's North American Pinball Tour - The big plan Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #90 Nic's background and how he got into the pinball hobby w/photos Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #117 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #152 The map of the cross-country pinball tour is posted Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #208 And so, the 15,000 mile, nearly 4-month trip begins! Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #215 Visit #1 - Tony Macevicius (Tmacev1) in Lindale, TX (Atlantis) Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #218 Visit #2 - David Yopp at The Retro in Millington, TN (Grand Prix) Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #234 REGION 1 (Southeast bound) tour map - March 28 - April 17, 2017 Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dyopp21.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

new favorite thread!
    David >> if you are on Pinside... I would love a thread detailing the live tv action so people can see other play!

I am on pinside! I've still got plenty to do to get the rest of my machines restored and in the arcade but I'll see what I can do to set up a live cam on twitch at some point.

#225 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks.
    I was hoping more for the details on equipment and setup on what you are running. I have thought it would be cool to try and do something similar at one of our locations. Any info and documentation/ lessons learned would be great!

Well unfortunately they have discontinued making the cameras I used for this setup. The nice thing about these particular cameras is that they were small form factor and had optical zoom and focus. I built 10 rigs when I first decided to do this setup, and when I went to buy more cams for more rigs, no joy! Apparently the SDI format of the original cams is on the wane, but fear not! I just received a different format cam in the mail yesterday and a conversion box for the newer format to hdmi signal to display the image on the tv. It also includes optical zoom and focus, but unfortunately the camera is a good bit bulkier than my original cams so I won't be able to hide it in a box like I did the first design. On the up side, the new camera comes in its own protective housing so that may not be an issue. Still have testing to do to see if it will all meet my needs for more cameras and screens at "The Retro!"

#230 7 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Nic: I'm loving the tour updates. These are so great to keep up with. I know that's not easy to do on the road (in the midst of driving, fixing, socializing, and hopefully sleeping), so thanks for continuing to post.
    David: So good to see your arcade coming together!!! It looks incredible. Especially, this...

Wow wow wow! Quite an amazing sight. Which made me think...

...this was a suspicious statement. Haha! Surely with all the work I've seen you post you've dug into an E.M. enough to do some stepper work? Regardless, keep up the amazing work. I hope to visit one day!
    Sincerely,
    Ryan

I had never taken one fully apart! Crazy, right? But now I'm confident I could field strip one like nobody's business and get it all back together and it still function properly. The visit from NicoVolta was of great help! What a super nice guy and an informative visit.
    Yopp

#231 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

keep us posted and would love to see a thread with details if you find the time!

I got my new camera equipment in last night and tested it and it's going to work well. In fact the image quality is even a little tighter than with the first cams I used.

I'll try to throw together a video of the build and put it up on YouTube, but it will be a minute. Have a lot going on at the arcade and a Vector I'm currently restoring.

#271 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

David was a great host and also runs the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in November. I’ll do my best to return for the show later in the year and bring one of my EM’s along for the ride. Nashville has already left me with a number of positive impressions. Will be back, for sure.

NicoVolta - If you return for the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo, I'll have a chance to exact revenge on you for the "narrow" loss I suffered on Butterfly when you visited Memphis (hell, I may even bring Butterfly with me so I can beat you on THAT machine). I worked with David Corrigan last year at the Expo running the pinball tournament and expect to be doing the same this year (although with all this new pinball interest I see he has, he may well want to take over pinball from me!). David is great to work with and I'm very much looking forward to the next Expo. Last year was a blast.

1 week later
    #335 7 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

You called?
    Hey, guess what...

...I picked up the shirts from the printers this week, and...

...they turned-out great!
    They're even wearable:

As an added bonus...

...they're also packed and ready to ship.
    Go, Nic, go!

Yeah! Hope I had a shirt in that pile...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dyopp21.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games?tu=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.