(Topic ID: 179489)

"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

By NicoVolta

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tiltpic (resized).jpg
    pinballpeople (resized).jpg
    82AEE677-99AB-4A06-88A1-AC46A83934EF (resized).jpeg
    E7F956A9-A133-49D5-837E-2E60D848B928 (resized).jpeg
    BEC68D50-0F81-45CE-8DB4-923B9BB92E4F (resized).jpeg
    0D22BACD-6C20-4EFC-9566-72C275C7A0E9 (resized).jpeg
    KVIL poster (resized).jpg
    CA49040D-6630-4A45-98EC-098A17B1BC1E (resized).jpeg
    5BF19104-DCAB-43FB-8061-580F76A59EEB (resized).jpeg
    7635D833-0BF0-4A15-8D04-D5018215C5CC (resized).jpeg
    B353F092-BEC0-4EEA-9E80-4D958D496017 (resized).jpeg
    D197D070-C43D-4F3B-B4DC-6930AE040CD6 (resized).jpeg
    30AF8562-5B01-48D9-B9E3-07ADE8DFDE9F (resized).jpeg
    519741C7-0D7D-4E9B-B73B-5D622A352BD4 (resized).jpeg
    08E3B205-7BC0-417C-8C93-E12F0EF5F0B2 (resized).jpeg
    EADCF2A6-148F-4FFB-B852-3C9EDC8A5C67 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

93 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 NNAPT - Nic's North American Pinball Tour - The big plan Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #90 Nic's background and how he got into the pinball hobby w/photos Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #117 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #152 The map of the cross-country pinball tour is posted Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #208 And so, the 15,000 mile, nearly 4-month trip begins! Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #215 Visit #1 - Tony Macevicius (Tmacev1) in Lindale, TX (Atlantis) Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #218 Visit #2 - David Yopp at The Retro in Millington, TN (Grand Prix) Posted by NicoVolta (6 years ago)

Post #234 REGION 1 (Southeast bound) tour map - March 28 - April 17, 2017 Posted by NicoVolta (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

Is it possible for you to hit all 48 continental states? As someone else mentioned, are you only working with a specific time frame? If not, add Delaware to the list as a place to host you for a night. I don't have any EM's(yet) to go along with my 4 SS machines, but have no problems with you crashing at my place.

2 weeks later
    #108 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Is it possible for you to hit all 48 continental states? As someone else mentioned, are you only working with a specific time frame? If not, add Delaware to the list as a place to host you for a night. I don't have any EM's(yet) to go along with my 4 SS machines, but have no problems with you crashing at my place.

Update. I'm heading out tomorrow to pick up my first EM, a Playmatic. I don't want to assume, but are they pretty much the same on the inside like a Gottlieb EM? Do you work on Playmatics? Either way keep me in my mind as I more than likely want to tap into your wealth of knowledge.

#112 7 years ago

Ugh? Playmatic's no good? This is my first venture into the EM world, so I don't know a thing.

#123 7 years ago

Nico,

I haven't seen a PM from you and just wanted to check if you had plans to come through Delaware or not. Let me know!

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yes indeed! I have you on the "awesome circuit" (no help or fixes needed, but would be fun to visit).
    Also have Ryan Claytor and Mike Smith (Wizards Pinball) in NY listed as well... others are forthcoming.

Awesome! And who knows, but the time you make it over here my Playmatic might need repairs!

1 month later
    #162 7 years ago

Nico - Have you finished reaching out to all prospects yet to confirm your stops?

#164 7 years ago

No worries! I'll just bring my EM to Allentown and hope that you or one of the other EM guru's can help me out. Have a safe and wonderful trip and I'll see you in May!

1 week later
    #211 7 years ago

Nick - Such a shame that isn't a Commodore Amiga shirt!

#240 6 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#247 6 years ago

So at this point, for those keeping score at home, Nic is undefeated.

#260 6 years ago

Seriously no pun intended, just fantastic work and efforts you are doing Nic! I can't wait for Allentown, eagerly waiting your visit to learn some basic EM repairs so I can get my Playmatic working 100%!! Safe travels!

#264 6 years ago

Nic,

Are you documenting the exact problems the machines are having along with the steps you are taking to fix them?

#308 6 years ago

He took his first L today!

3 weeks later
    #419 6 years ago

You are inching closer to Allentown!

#423 6 years ago

Keep it going Nic!! Very nice!

As for Allentown, will you only be there on Saturday since your next stop is Pikesville?

#427 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'll be there both days.

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you!

#432 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

He should be there tomorrow, too. ...so I hear.

I spoke to him around 7pm, he was heading out to dinner and then to his next stop. He confirmed he will not be back on Saturday as he initially stated. Nic is awesome, and the shoes were off the hook!!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #482 6 years ago

That was definitely a joy to read. Job well done guys!

#518 6 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

I need to try it on my joker poker as well. Today is my Nic day. anxiously awaiting his arrival.

Today is? I'm guessing his updates must be way behind then since his most recent update is from Rhode Island.

#535 6 years ago
    Quoted from 4Max:

Ah, that could be it. I had mine on maximum! I'll turn it down and see how we go.
    (I never really know what speeds to use, except plastic cutting should be slower)
    Thanks, Nic - love this whole thread.

It definitely won't take as long on maximum

1 week later
    #597 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's awesome, Nic. But keep it all in one thread. You can index it when you're home and rested. There is already a wealth of EM repair info here that I'd like to reference in the future.
    You should also consider, when indexing your stop, referencing what fixes you discuss. It really is a wonderful wealth of knowledge here. Keep up the good work!

He wants to go to the next page, not start a new thread. This particular page is long to scroll through is what he was referencing. So here is one more post to get us closer to the new page.

#606 6 years ago
    Quoted from chriswhitey:

If you happen to be in NorthEastern PA let me know!

He has already been through NE PA, back around May 5th-7th.

1 week later
    #701 6 years ago

New page post. Nic congrats on your pick up!

2 weeks later
    #857 6 years ago

Nic,

Did you happen to partake in the Oregon Trail while out there?

#864 6 years ago
    Quoted from Knoler:

nicovolta, I've loved reading this thread! Your trip has been inspiring, and it's been a blast to enjoy it vicariously through your posts!
    Say, can you give more details on the stealth LED treatment? More details the better, even down to recommended brands & bulb types. I only have a couple EMs, but a lot of early SS, and I'm yet to find an LED look I can tolerate. However, the pics of the stealth LEDs look great!
    Thanks!

From Nic in the EM thread:

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Comet Twin 2835 warm white frosted and 1SMD warm white frosted non-ghosting.
    The 2835 is cheaper, but it ghosts... so I typically put them in the backbox in locations which are always lit.
    Everywhere else, I use the 1SMD (ball count, game over, tilt, match, inserts, pops).
    I leave 47's under plastics, lane guides, and hole kickouts... they are easier on the eyes in direct view.
    I also recommend the red frosted version of the 1SMD non-ghosting for red star rollovers. Looks very very nice.

#892 6 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Out of curiosity, what is the magic brush attachment for the dremel?

From a previous post:

Quoted from NicoVolta:

One tool I recommend everyone get is a Dremel (preferably w/lithium-ion battery) with carbon steel brush tip #443.

2 weeks later
    #1046 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Any chance you'll be stopping in New Jersey on this trip?

Really? NJ was back in May.

2 weeks later
    #1159 6 years ago

Awesome Nic! I made the cut via a selfie at Allentown Pinfest!

#1169 6 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

Nice video! You are going to Chicago?

Yep. Another tour. Scroll back through the posts for the details.

2 months later
    #1380 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

close this topic out? its run its course, folks are talking now about modern pinballs and theme selection, etc. No longer really about the EM adventure that was a long time ago finished.

No. He has a 3rd tour starting in a week.

#1384 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Psst... if you're in the Carolina loop and would like a visit, let me know. Planning a "Lil Carolina Run" in a couple of weeks!
    Thinking we might do a group class on the 28th and/or 29th.

For those that missed it, here are the details for the 3rd your.

1 month later
    #1443 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I have something interesting up my sleeve. We will do a countdown on March 1st ruling out places which have been discussed... and do the final reveal just after TPF. It'll be fun.

You gotta come to the first state.

#1468 6 years ago

While not the 8000 cordless series, Amazon is having a fat sale on the 4000 model with 50 accessories.

Today only as part of a Gold Box deal, Amazon’s discounting the Dremel 4000-6/50 to $110 today. That’s not an all-time low, but it’s about $40 less than its usual price this year.

1 month later
    #1583 6 years ago

Maybe I'm biased, but I think Delaware will be his choice. It's the perfect spot on the East Coast. Great beaches, whether he goes down to the beaches of Delaware to to the Jersey Shore. Winter's aren't brutal (ignore the current blizzard). Tax Free. Cheapest property taxes in the country I think (my taxes are like $600?). And it's literally a 2 hour commute to so many other awesome destinations. 2 hours from DC. 1.5 hours from Baltimore. 30 minutes from Philly. 2 hours from New York. 1.5 hours from Jersey Shore. The options are endless being in Delaware.

2 weeks later
    #1626 6 years ago

Looking more and more like Delaware. As I mentioned before, it's right in between several big cities, less then 2 hours away, no tax, and less than an hour away from Pinfest!

1 week later
    #1640 6 years ago

Delaware is hanging in there!

1 week later
    #1680 6 years ago

Delaware will probably get the axe on Friday.

#1682 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hey DJ... did you watch the Super Bowl? It ain't over 'til it's over...

Oh I know. But I was never serious about Delaware being in the running. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

#1696 6 years ago

And up next on the chopping block....

2 weeks later
    #1766 6 years ago

A little birdie informed me that you and Ben Heck were joining up. Excited to see!

2 weeks later
    #1967 6 years ago

This is awesome news Nic! With you moving to VA, this potentially means I can still get you to come to Delaware for a visit! Either way I will probably be making a trip down at some point to see you. Enjoy!

3 weeks later
    #2026 5 years ago

Hmmm. I think there is more to this story than meets the eye. Not the news article, but the whole story of Nic picking Roanoke.

#2031 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

What are you guys talking about? The love of pinball?

More like 50 shades of pinball.

#2034 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Notice, he did not deny it!

Oh I noticed!

#2036 5 years ago

Honestly, good for him. If it is indeed true, he has found a job that he is passionate about and quite possibly a partner to enjoy the ride!

#2041 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

BTW I'm planning to attend the Allentown Pinfest in about a month - May 4-5. Say hello if you see me there!

Sweet. Last year you were pressed for time. Hopefully this year I can pull you aside for a bit to chat

I will also have a Bally Knockout for sale if you have any interest in taking that back to the museum with you.

#2044 5 years ago

All the stars are definitely lined up!

2 weeks later
    #2111 5 years ago

Can't wait for your EM class at Pinfest next week Nic!

2 months later
    #2173 5 years ago

She’s a malt liquor girl. Love it!

1 year later
    #2299 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

FYI... I will be doing a live stream in the Facebook group: Em Pinball this evening at 9pm EST. Just covering the basics of the "magic brush" and rebuilding relays.

Will this be archived for viewing later?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.