"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

(Topic ID: 179489)

"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

By NicoVolta

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,273 posts
  • 285 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,902 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EADCF2A6-148F-4FFB-B852-3C9EDC8A5C67 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF4049 (resized).JPG
    Fast Blinking LEDs (resized).png
    001AED23-93D5-48B6-B360-C2C0E54DE761 (resized).jpeg
    71B71D63-4224-4D2B-AE29-F3F90879AE6C (resized).jpeg
    75520222-F62F-4C7E-B667-1CFB871D423D (resized).jpeg
    B4235018-7378-4A12-BDC8-5A9A31031A5D (resized).jpeg
    F76B4F0C-5AD4-465E-B54B-5D2C8E664E65 (resized).jpeg
    1423157F-DE9B-4A5B-98DE-3717555497B3 (resized).jpeg
    20181012_141055 (resized).jpg
    dogs8 (resized).jpg
    dogs7 (resized).jpg
    dogs6 (resized).jpg
    dogs5 (resized).jpg
    dogs4 (resized).jpg
    dogs3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

93 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 NNAPT - Nic's North American Pinball Tour - The big plan Posted by NicoVolta (1 year ago)

Post #90 Nic's background and how he got into the pinball hobby w/photos Posted by NicoVolta (1 year ago)

Post #117 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by NicoVolta (1 year ago)

Post #152 The map of the cross-country pinball tour is posted Posted by NicoVolta (1 year ago)

Post #208 And so, the 15,000 mile, nearly 4-month trip begins! Posted by NicoVolta (1 year ago)

Post #215 Visit #1 - Tony Macevicius (Tmacev1) in Lindale, TX (Atlantis) Posted by NicoVolta (1 year ago)

Post #218 Visit #2 - David Yopp at The Retro in Millington, TN (Grand Prix) Posted by NicoVolta (1 year ago)

Post #234 REGION 1 (Southeast bound) tour map - March 28 - April 17, 2017 Posted by NicoVolta (1 year ago)

Post #344 REGION 2 (East/Northeast coast) tour map - April 17 - May 12, 2017 Posted by NicoVolta (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#500 1 year ago

My brushes arrived yesterday and I was cleaning like a freak last night. That Orbit has not been that clean in years, lol.

#522 1 year ago

Nic,

Thanks for the visit and I am glad the wieners and coffee milk didn't cause too much damage. That may have been Lillian's first time getting wieners there too since we usually go there right before pinball league next door.

We rebuilt all three Astro pop bumpers and they work like a charm, almost makes it a new game.

Now that the Roto-target is working I ordered a flipper rebuild kit and just got down installing them. The game plays like a dream now.

I also changed the post caps in Grand Prix from the plastics ones to the polished chrome and, combined with the new rubber set, makes for a fine looking EM.

-Matt

#530 1 year ago

Looking at the photos; are you using the tip of the brush like a pen? I have the same brushes and use the side of the brush to clean the contacts and they still look like new.

#539 1 year ago

When we stopped at the museum on our way to Ohio last summer I had no idea that there was a pinball room. What a great surprise to take that corner (after walking through a cool superhero area) and seeing those flipper benches!

If I recall correctly the had a room on the first floor with four pinball machines and a Space Invader game that projected on the entire wall with oversized controllers. Then there was the pinball area and then another "arcade" upstairs with some more. It was like every corner had another great surprise!

#546 1 year ago

Phenominal artifacts from an important era in gaming. Just great to see all the cool things they have preserved.

1 week later
    #638 1 year ago

Man, that is NOT what I pictured Whysnow looking like at all. Still amazed that you are STILL on schedule and have not had a break down yet (car, mind or body)!

#675 1 year ago

Nic, I know you will be happy when the tour is over and you can finally rest but damn I am going to miss these updates. By far my favorite Pinside thread and one that is thankfully drama free.

#749 1 year ago

Yeah, best wishes to Bill for a speedy recovery! As they say in the movies "He wasn't even supposed to be there that day!" or something like that from Clerks.

3 weeks later
    #913 1 year ago

Nic, hopefully you choose to settle in the area where PPM Expo is held and then everyone you visited on your trip can come stay with you and hit the expo, lol. We could be like an EM SWAT tech team!

2 weeks later
    #1047 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Any chance you'll be stopping in New Jersey on this trip?

There is a 100% chance that he did.

#1060 1 year ago

Congrats on finishing! Looking forward to the wrap up and some statistics!

2 weeks later
    #1151 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yep! I gotta make at least one more upper New England trip. Lots of NY folks and others I missed too.

Yes! With a quick stop in southern New England for wieners and coffee milk! lol

4 months later
    #1532 11 months ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Almost ready with the next update. In the meantime we need to begin a new countdown to the Next Big Thing, so let's get rolling!

It won't be Puerto Rico. But hey, that was easy... it's not one of the 50 states. So let's knock off what might have been a potential candidate...

Vermont, I hardly knew ye. Didn't have time to pass through so much as an inch of your thickly forested splendor during the pinball tour. But I have listened to at least one Phish album in its entirety (Junta), enjoyed your maple syrup, and of course plenty of Ben & Jerry's ice cream over the years. You are a quirky, progressive state with unusual laws such as prohibiting billboards yet also lily-white in terms of ethnic diversity (i.e. not much). Yet that sameness doesn't necessarily imply stagnation in your case... Vermont is rated one of the happiest, smartest, and healthiest states to live in. How 'bout that?
    Vermont, with enough blankets and scarves it might have worked out. It would certainly have made an easy commute to Burdick Chocolate and Funspot in nearby Laconia. Hmmmm... I'd better move on before I talk myself into it!

Rhode Island is still in the running, fingers crossed! My Target Alpha and Rack-A-Ball await!

2 weeks later
    #1585 10 months ago

Oh geez, I thought this big reveal was where your next trip would be, lol. I just realized it was where you are moving, I agree with Whysnow (what?) there is no way you wind up in New England. Hell, I told you that straight up when you were here, lol. I don't know anything about Delaware but I would cross NE and NY off the list.

3 weeks later
    #1641 9 months ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Home of Bryan Peterson (1974DeltaQueen) from the pinball tour who “does not give an effin’ crap about the stinkin’ cheatin’ New England Patriots”. Nearby in Rhode Island, however, Patriots fan Matt Szewczyk (matesamo) must be happier than a clam.

Eh, its hard to get to excited for something that happens 50% of the time. Now, back in 2001 it was crazy around here, now its just expected.

1 month later
    #1928 8 months ago

Give me a little snow over an earthquake any day of the week. I was "involved" in an earthquake once and quickly realized why ancient civilizations believed the gods were angry and demanded a sacrifice. Good gravy!

#1968 8 months ago

And to think, you discovered this new home on your pinball road trip. What a great story, congrats!

2 weeks later
    #2005 7 months ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

And hey, maybe a few more mini-tours too!

Yes, I have a couple EMs patiently waiting for a mini-New England tour!

#2010 7 months ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hang tight! Gonna work hard to make it happen this year.

Don’t be teasing! I have a Surf Champ crying out to you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 217.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 5.00
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside