(Topic ID: 179489)

"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

By NicoVolta

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tiltpic (resized).jpg
    pinballpeople (resized).jpg
    82AEE677-99AB-4A06-88A1-AC46A83934EF (resized).jpeg
    E7F956A9-A133-49D5-837E-2E60D848B928 (resized).jpeg
    BEC68D50-0F81-45CE-8DB4-923B9BB92E4F (resized).jpeg
    0D22BACD-6C20-4EFC-9566-72C275C7A0E9 (resized).jpeg
    KVIL poster (resized).jpg
    CA49040D-6630-4A45-98EC-098A17B1BC1E (resized).jpeg
    5BF19104-DCAB-43FB-8061-580F76A59EEB (resized).jpeg
    7635D833-0BF0-4A15-8D04-D5018215C5CC (resized).jpeg
    B353F092-BEC0-4EEA-9E80-4D958D496017 (resized).jpeg
    D197D070-C43D-4F3B-B4DC-6930AE040CD6 (resized).jpeg
    30AF8562-5B01-48D9-B9E3-07ADE8DFDE9F (resized).jpeg
    519741C7-0D7D-4E9B-B73B-5D622A352BD4 (resized).jpeg
    08E3B205-7BC0-417C-8C93-E12F0EF5F0B2 (resized).jpeg
    EADCF2A6-148F-4FFB-B852-3C9EDC8A5C67 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

93 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 NNAPT - Nic's North American Pinball Tour - The big plan Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #90 Nic's background and how he got into the pinball hobby w/photos Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #117 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #152 The map of the cross-country pinball tour is posted Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #208 And so, the 15,000 mile, nearly 4-month trip begins! Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #215 Visit #1 - Tony Macevicius (Tmacev1) in Lindale, TX (Atlantis) Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #218 Visit #2 - David Yopp at The Retro in Millington, TN (Grand Prix) Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Post #234 REGION 1 (Southeast bound) tour map - March 28 - April 17, 2017 Posted by NicoVolta (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dah-le.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1244 6 years ago

Nic thanks again for an awesome class this past weekend...wish I'd been able to attend both days.
    Saturday was amazing...I'm new to pinball and EM's and keep falling deeper into fun of all of Pinball's aspects.

Saturday we had some really interesting issues to cover, the most memorable:
    - Orbit was kicking out a ball after the last ball drained (effectively an extra ball)
    - Pioneer was failing to keep proper scoring in a myriad of ways

These were great to cover all of the main EM components (I'm sure I'll get terms wrong here)
    - Relays/Switches and how to rebuild/adjust them
    - Player Reel's "stepper" and how it functions in the game's
    - Scoring reels and how they function (how to rebuild/adjust)
    - Scoring "Motor" (I think of it as an iterator) and demystifying its function
    - Main logic/state retention and how they control the game
    And more details than you can imagine.

Thanks to all who brought games and the great stories that came with them...
    Not to mention how they were kept in really excellent shape (Pioneer especially!)

It would be great to capture the interactive nature of Nic's class in a streaming environment...but it would seem quite challenging to me.
    A couple of key things I'd thing would be very challenging to address in a stream:
    - The class was constantly moving around the machine, often with a limited view.
    - Everyone was contributing something to moving towards a solution...I'd think that'd make audio tough.
    - The pace of the conversation was pretty quick relative to a "chat/text" environment

But most of all a stream would have kept me from discovering the somewhat magical physical feel of EM machines.

A fantastic experience, and I learned a ton...I'd highly recommend attending if you are remotely interested.
    -Dale

ps. Don't forget rulesets on EM's can be complicated too!

1 week later
    #1264 6 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Dave- your Orbit was in amazing shape! Not an easy game to play either!

Dahle- I saw you taking notes- any chance you transcribed them? My phone didn't save the notes I was taking with it. Would love to have a copy if at all possible.

PM sent with the transcription (just so happened to do it that day!)...if anyone else want them, please feel free to PM.
    -Dale

ps. @Nazumpan, I think you and I would have had to have a tie-breaker for last place if we'd been able to stay for Sunday.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dah-le.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games?tu=Dah-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.