(Topic ID: 179489)

"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

By NicoVolta

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tiltpic (resized).jpg
    pinballpeople (resized).jpg
    82AEE677-99AB-4A06-88A1-AC46A83934EF (resized).jpeg
    E7F956A9-A133-49D5-837E-2E60D848B928 (resized).jpeg
    BEC68D50-0F81-45CE-8DB4-923B9BB92E4F (resized).jpeg
    0D22BACD-6C20-4EFC-9566-72C275C7A0E9 (resized).jpeg
    KVIL poster (resized).jpg
    CA49040D-6630-4A45-98EC-098A17B1BC1E (resized).jpeg
    5BF19104-DCAB-43FB-8061-580F76A59EEB (resized).jpeg
    7635D833-0BF0-4A15-8D04-D5018215C5CC (resized).jpeg
    B353F092-BEC0-4EEA-9E80-4D958D496017 (resized).jpeg
    D197D070-C43D-4F3B-B4DC-6930AE040CD6 (resized).jpeg
    30AF8562-5B01-48D9-B9E3-07ADE8DFDE9F (resized).jpeg
    519741C7-0D7D-4E9B-B73B-5D622A352BD4 (resized).jpeg
    08E3B205-7BC0-417C-8C93-E12F0EF5F0B2 (resized).jpeg
    EADCF2A6-148F-4FFB-B852-3C9EDC8A5C67 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

93 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 48.
    #2201 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hey longtime followers... I just did a FaceTime fix with brenna98 and it was fun. Since it will take a while to get Roanoke Pinball School started, would anyone else be interested in a one-on-one interactive video fix-it or training session?
    Wouldn’t charge anything for my time but maybe buy me a sandwich if you like. Downtown eatin’s adds up during these 80-hour weeks.

You are the man!

#2202 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hey longtime followers... I just did a FaceTime fix with brenna98 and it was fun. Since it will take a while to get Roanoke Pinball School started, would anyone else be interested in a one-on-one interactive video fix-it or training session?
    Wouldn’t charge anything for my time but maybe buy me a sandwich if you like. Downtown eatin’s adds up during these 80-hour weeks.

Nick, when I get time, I'm going to follow the PinRepair.com method for the Royal Flush that I just picked up. If that doesn't solve my problems, I'd definitely be interested in a FaceTime session!
    Cheers,
    Vaughn

#2203 5 years ago

Mark and Vaughn, got you covered. Keep in touch if you get stuck and I'll get a time scheduled.

#2204 5 years ago

Woohoo! Pinball News just released the story of middle-pop pinball with many new example photos of the layouts. A collaborative effort courtesy of Dennis from Eclectic Gamers Podcast... nice job!

88B2FDB4-8F16-437D-85F9-4139CA5FE09B (resized).jpeg88B2FDB4-8F16-437D-85F9-4139CA5FE09B (resized).jpeg

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/08/30/middle-pop-pinball/

You know... we currently have quite a few of these at the museum: Miss-O, Magic City, Spanish Eyes, and Fan-Tas-Tic. I plan to bring my Freedom prototype later this year... so all we’d need is an 8 Ball to fully represent the Norm Clark-era. Middle-pop row ahoy!

#2205 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Woohoo! Pinball News just released the story of middle-pop pinball with many new example photos of the layouts. A collaborative effort courtesy of Dennis from Eclectic Gamers Podcast... nice job!
    [quoted image]
    You know... we currently have quite a few of these at the museum: Miss-O, Magic City, Spanish Eyes, and Fan-Tas-Tic. I plan to bring my Freedom prototype later this year... so all we’d need is an 8 Ball to fully represent the Norm Clark-era. Middle-pop row ahoy!

Cool read! Never played one of these!

#2206 5 years ago

2018-09-01 16.58.51 (resized).jpg2018-09-01 16.58.51 (resized).jpgEpitaxis, Flippymagoo and Jabbles180 learning the method2018-09-01 16.58.35 (resized).jpg2018-09-01 16.58.35 (resized).jpg

#2207 5 years ago

Awesome to see the knowledge getting out. I think we need to do a virtual roundtable discussion with the folks on the tour. Like a 3-4 hour discussion of what we've learned and any questions that still linger. Only requirement would be some kind of software which could link all of the cams and make the entire thing viewable by the public for anyone who wanted to follow along.

#2208 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Awesome to see the knowledge getting out. I think we need to do a virtual roundtable discussion with the folks on the tour. Like a 3-4 hour discussion of what we've learned and any questions that still linger. Only requirement would be some kind of software which could link all of the cams and make the entire thing viewable by the public for anyone who wanted to follow along.

Google meet works this way and would allow a recording. Zoom.us does the same as well but requires an install

#2209 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

[quoted image]Epitaxis, Flippymagoo and Jabbles180 learning the method[quoted image]

Got a fair way into it but could not get it started.

Some things that were odd: Ball Unit (near chimes) what is the zero position? Looks like it should be 1 rivet off. So the left most snowshoe is 1 advance to the left of the first rivet.
    Coin Unit: All gummed up but eventually figured out free play
    Player Unit: Need to verify zero position

Weird things it's doing:
    Always turns on in tilt. Looks like this is so common most people ignore it.
    Replay Button only gets 1 cycle on the score motor. Reset relays never trigger.

Happy with the progress though. Each one of these brings more knowledge

#2210 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

[quoted image]

This other link

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/06/28/the-strong-acquires-pinball-archive/

(currently at the bottom of that page) must also have caught your attention.

Let's hear it for the museum's ! Long may they prosper.

#2211 5 years ago

I hadn’t caught that one... thx Heretic. Very happy to hear they secured it. Big fan of the Strong Museum Of Play. They’ve got a fantastic collection indeed.

#2212 5 years ago

Update: Things are moving quickly at RPM. The enthusiasm for what is going on is enormous and our numbers are constantly breaking new records. I’m still 70-ish hours a week... but hey... sky’s the limit and that means full guns blazing for new fantastic possibilities. Gotta get while the gettin’s good!

My goal is to create a Disney-quality pinball attraction for Roanoke. A “majestic” experience which not only stimulates guests but leaves them with a lasting impression (and grows the pinball community too).

We’ve had more members join the museum lately and are interested in becoming “real players”. Indeed, the plan is right on track...

#2213 5 years ago

Old “sleeping pill” logo (PUM? NyQuil PM?):

4FCBD8C9-9118-4EFB-918A-4EA35BCB2399 (resized).png4FCBD8C9-9118-4EFB-918A-4EA35BCB2399 (resized).png

New n’ tasty logo:

6431E15B-9D73-416F-BE4B-E788A43F066C (resized).jpeg6431E15B-9D73-416F-BE4B-E788A43F066C (resized).jpeg

The progress is real.

#2214 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

yes, heating then cooling or cooling then heating.
    It will all work. Works well for magnetized pinballs too.
    Its about reducing polarization.

Follow-up:
    I regret not having this info when the problem came up, as that not-easily-replaced part has been disposed of. Just now, while searching for something else entirely, I stumbled across these:

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00018AONE/ref=pd_rhf_schuc_s_bmx_1_2?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00018AONE&pd_rd_r=HAHGRG0AWN938GNY257H&pd_rd_w=TuBoA&pd_rd_wg=OtbCN&pf_rd_i=desktop-rhf&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1decfafa-a3f1-4caf-b210-85ec87adb718&pf_rd_r=HAHGRG0AWN938GNY257H&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhf&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=HAHGRG0AWN938GNY257H

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BKX65PE/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFC4NGH/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RMH9VL/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0

Could be some additional useful options in there ? These are inexpensive, and look to have positive reviews -- fwiw. I'm ordering the first one, for now.

#2215 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

New n’ tasty logo:
    [quoted image]
    The progress is real.

Are you within the danger zone for the hurricane ?
    If so, please take all precautions.

#2216 5 years ago

120A6744-C1FF-4009-97EA-4B7D5B97743C (resized).png120A6744-C1FF-4009-97EA-4B7D5B97743C (resized).png

Yep... here she comes.

Won’t be catastrophic this far inland, but you better believe we’ll see some significant flooding and wind around here.

The museum is on the second floor, so we’re all good. I’m staying downtown. A rare opportunity to work on the games alone... as long as the power doesn’t go out!

#2217 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

[quoted image]
    Yep... here she comes.
    Won’t be catastrophic this far inland, but you better believe we’ll see some significant flooding and wind around here.
    The museum is on the second floor, so we’re all good. I’m staying downtown. A rare opportunity to work on the games alone... as long as the power doesn’t go out!

Be safe Nic!

Hope you stocked up on water & food.

A generator is also a plus.....

#2218 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Update:
    My goal is to create a Disney-quality pinball attraction for Roanoke. A “majestic” experience which not only stimulates guests but leaves them with a lasting impression.

So, we should expect the "Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" someday?

Well, If not, at least get a Dole Whip machine!

#2219 5 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

So, we should expect the "Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" someday?
    Well, If not, at least get a Dole Whip machine!

I would hope so. Drinking deep from the fountain of whatever it is that brings creations such as Enchanted Tiki Room to life. "We are the music makers..."

Dole Whip? I'd be first in line for that. But methinks Disney probably writes them a much bigger paycheck than I could. For now.

Still no rain here. Hurricane, schmurricane.

hurricane (resized).jpghurricane (resized).jpg

#2220 5 years ago

Kind of off topic, but you can get Dole Whip at the frozen yogurt places in Gulf Breeze, Florida.

Hang in there Nic, she should be done by Tuesday.

#2221 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I would hope so. Drinking deep from the fountain of whatever it is that brings creations such as Enchanted Tiki Room to life. "We are the music makers..."
    Dole Whip? I'd be first in line for that. But methinks Disney probably writes them a much bigger paycheck than I could. For now.
    Still no rain here. Hurricane, schmurricane.
    [quoted image]

Glad it missed you. There were a couple of NFL games yesterday that I expected might be relocated / rescheduled, but all I saw in their coverage was sunshine. So I guess the path of this thing ended up being more narrow than was forecast. (But it was surely bad for parts of the Carolinas.)

#2223 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Lotta lonely sandbags along Main St...

Better than the alternative.....

#2224 5 years ago

I just posted a safety mod for a 1962 King Pin here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-king-pin-1962-change-relay-safety-mod

Probably could have installed a half-wave rectified coil instead (won’t burn up), but this is an interesting workaround... just had to try it. Still gotta have some fun in this hobby, eh?

I’m pretty confident about EM modding nowadays. Could make some “play for specials” games more interesting in terms of scoring...

#2225 5 years ago

Who ‘dat? Fellow Pinsider BlueIrocGuy on a layover in Roanoke. Spent the afternoon playing pinball and eating Napoli-style pizza at Fortunato... gotta love half-price Wednesdays.

409B7B14-02AE-4F1B-9B0D-9A877CD5FA33 (resized).jpeg409B7B14-02AE-4F1B-9B0D-9A877CD5FA33 (resized).jpeg

#2226 5 years ago

Nik, it was a pleasure to meet you and Amy yesterday. Boy, you sure have given the Pinball museum a makeover since the last time I was there a couple of years ago! Great job! Nice variety of machines in tip top shape, the locals should be very pleased to have a pinball master in their midst. Thanks for the information on em upkeep and the proper use of the pinjedi light saber for the swab, polish, swab technique. Can’t wait to start the process on my pins! I’ve also got some more em’s on my wishlist now, after checking out your collection. The next time I’m back there, we’ll have to check out one of the local brewery’s to go along with the pizza! Cheers, Jim

#2227 5 years ago

Hey... y’all remember @wolftownjeff? I had to stop by for a visit after picking up a Jumping Jack near his ‘hood. Seems Jeff is steadily ramping up his SS collection: CFTBL, Fire, Theater Of Magic, Medieval Madness Remake, and now Houdini!

Like it or not, you gotta hand it to American Pinball for powering ahead through the early troubles to get Houdini made. It really is a terrific first effort by any benchmark.

111A79C6-5EFB-49B1-973A-CB51A9DA2CE7 (resized).jpeg111A79C6-5EFB-49B1-973A-CB51A9DA2CE7 (resized).jpeg

#2228 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I’m pretty confident about EM modding nowadays. Could make some “play for specials” games more interesting in terms of scoring...

I would love to have a tutorial or some documentation for this. I have a Gottlieb Hot Shot that I am interested in making the specials be valuable but I am still trying to figure out how to do that. The Pinball Arcade version of the game has specials collect bonus and reset the drop targets, but I'm pretty sure that's not possible with the real life version.

#2229 5 years ago
    Quoted from frisbez:

I would love to have a tutorial or some documentation for this. I have a Gottlieb Hot Shot that I am interested in making the specials be valuable but I am still trying to figure out how to do that. The Pinball Arcade version of the game has specials collect bonus and reset the drop targets, but I'm pretty sure that's not possible with the real life version.

Totally doable. Just a question of willingness and time.

#2230 5 years ago

Think about the circuit in terms of components. What happens when you hit special? The relay engages, which fires the stepper to add a credit, and hit the knocker.

What do you want it to do?

Score bonus. Well, to do that, the motor will need to turn as it steps down the bonus stepper. Thankfully there will be a bonus collect relay that does this work for you, so you just need to make that circuit function via the special (replay) relay.

Then resetting drop targets is easy - if you don't care about how many are currently down, just add a high-current switch pair to the replay relay and have it pulse the DT reset coil. You'll need to ensure that power is cut off to the coil once the targets are reset, if the bonus is still counting. Alternatively, pulse the coil only when the bonus is at zero position off of the bonus collect relay.

If you do want the whole sequence down first, you'll have to chain off of a sequence relay or similar that engages (normally to light special or some other award).

Examine the existing circuits to make sure you're not duplicating effort - use as few components as possible, and DOCUMENT the changes so that there isn't a bewildered technician 30 years from now.

#2231 5 years ago

Collecting bonus is not a thing you can "cleanly" do with the ball still rolling around on the playfield. You have to trap the ball, let the process occur, and then release the ball.

Otherwise, you have things like 500 points ect. Stepping in halfway through an active motor cycle. Knocking down targets that have already been scanned as "not down". ......

You could repurpose the 8 ball kick out hole.

1 week later
    #2232 5 years ago

It's that time of the Year when Virginia is at its most beautiful, I was wondering when the best time of the week to visit your Museum. Least crowded for a Player, that sort of thing, sorry if you have already covered it.

#2233 5 years ago

Man, it's been beautiful since I got here! Six months of fantastic weather... best (and busiest) summer of my entire life.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are the least-busy days of the week. Sundays are a toss-up. Sometimes slow, sometimes crazy-packed.

C'mon by and say hello! I should be here (always am)... though will be away for the York show coming up.

#2234 5 years ago

Polish, polish, polish... all day long. Now working my way through a 1971 Gottlieb Sheriff.

The motherboard is my favorite part. Methodical meditation at its best.

57C3EF77-13E4-442F-BC44-368C6F5B3260 (resized).jpeg57C3EF77-13E4-442F-BC44-368C6F5B3260 (resized).jpeg

#2235 5 years ago

I just spent the afternoon at the Roanoke Pinball Museum. I had the pleasure of meeting Nic and playing the many machines he has there. What a great facility. Nic certainly stays busy keeping all those machines in great playing condition. His passion for the hobby is awesome. Looking forward to going back again.

#2236 5 years ago

dogs1 (resized).jpgdogs1 (resized).jpg

And now... a Gottlieb tip: The little tab sticking out of the tuning fork is called a switch dog. Over time they may wear down and develop a groove which acts like a brake... not good.

dogs2 (resized).jpgdogs2 (resized).jpg

The motor cam has a small notch on the C level from wear.

dogs3 (resized).jpgdogs3 (resized).jpg

We shall use the mighty Dremel flapwheel to smooth it out again!

dogs4 (resized).jpgdogs4 (resized).jpg

Easy does it.

dogs5 (resized).jpgdogs5 (resized).jpg

All smooth again.

dogs6 (resized).jpgdogs6 (resized).jpg

Extra bonus points for smoothing and rounding off the sharp leading edge. Just a tiny smidge to help it lift the switch dog a bit more gently.

dogs7 (resized).jpgdogs7 (resized).jpg

A teensy bit rounder, without the bite.

dogs8 (resized).jpgdogs8 (resized).jpg

Extra credit for running the 443 brush around the circumference of the cam. Smoother paths = happier dogs.

Of course there is an extra-extra credit level for full disassembly, tumbling the cam, etc... but that’s getting into “jewel box restoration” territory. Which is awesome to behold IF you have the time! (I DON'T!)

#2237 5 years ago

At what point would the grinding down and smoothing out of those transition dips on the motor cam
    affect the timing of opening/closing switches that in return might affect those switches function?
    i.e. some switch being open or closed too long; thus affect the game logic.

#2238 5 years ago

maybe able to slide the switch stack over slightly to compensate for the gap?

#2239 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

At what point would the grinding down and smoothing out of those transition dips on the motor cam
    affect the timing of opening/closing switches that in return might affect those switches function?

On Bally games with bakelite cams, this is a real problem. The metal-on-bakelite contact will change the bakelite's shape over time. I would be wary of introducing it to a metal carousel for exactly that reason. A slight sloping shouldn't hurt, but the cam riders were designed with the sharper drop in mind, and the timing of motor switches can cause some serious problems. You see these types of problems more frequently, of course, in bingos, where the timing of EVERYTHING is critical. Only whatever switches are riding on that cam would be impacted.

From the pic, we're not talking much, and in home use - it won't be a problem on a flipper game. I wouldn't encourage it, but I'm sure NicoVolta already guessed that.

#2240 5 years ago

In this particular instance on Gottlieb cams, the tradeoff of eliminating a jagged, deepening notch in the cam (and preventing premature switch dog wear/locking up the motor) versus a fraction of a millimeter difference in switch/motor timing will not be an issue. No pinball I've found has been programmed that tight, timing-wise.

Smoothing the travel path is preferable to leaving it alone and allowing it to continue eating itself into oblivion.

Now, regarding bingo remediation on the other hand, we can default to Mr. Baldridge.

Fortunately I have not had to deal with bakelite cam disintegration yet. *shudder* what would the replacement material be? Would anything 3D printed be strong enough to do the job?

#2241 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Would anything 3D printed be strong enough to do the job?

I don't have enough experience with 3d printing to say for sure. I only know that most fixes will be temporary.

Metal on Bakelite beats metal on plastic for durability, though!

And yeah, if there's a burr or a notch, then it needs to be smoothed out - bingo, flipper, baseball or otherwise.

#2242 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Would anything 3D printed be strong enough to do the job?

Most definitely - 3d metal printing can print in virtually any metal these days, even chrome. However its quite expensive (several thousand for the printer) but you might be able to create a pattern and shop it out to a service bureau

#2243 5 years ago

Here is Nic at the York Show today

I think he needs to find a bigger game to play

20181012_141055 (resized).jpg20181012_141055 (resized).jpg
    #2244 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

In this particular instance on Gottlieb cams, the tradeoff of eliminating a jagged, deepening notch in the cam (and preventing premature switch dog wear/locking up the motor) versus a fraction of a millimeter difference in switch/motor timing will not be an issue. No pinball I've found has been programmed that tight, timing-wise.
    Smoothing the travel path is preferable to leaving it alone and allowing it to continue eating itself into oblivion.

Fortunately I have not had to deal with bakelite cam disintegration yet. *shudder* what would the replacement material be? Would anything 3D printed be strong enough to do the job?

While Bakelite is decidedly a vintage material that we don't commonly encounter these days, it does still exist in one form or another. At one time, I used to attend Art Deco themed shows (being a huge fan of Art Deco), where dealers sold all sorts of things: artwork, furniture, etc. This was in the L.A. area, but other major cities probably have them on occasion as well. There were always dealers selling antique jewelry, knickknacks, and display pieces made out of Bakelite. It might be a fairly expensive way to acquire some, but you could buy something made of the stuff, and re-machine small parts from it -- if you had the requisite skills and access to appropriate equipment, perhaps akin to what you would find in a woodworking shop ? I imagine that may be less complicated than a 3D-printing scenario. Another place you might obtain Bakelite is on eBay.

#2245 5 years ago

I just brought a newly-rebuilt Sheriff to a cowboy-themed American Cancer Society benefit.

As you can see... “like likes like”!

1423157F-DE9B-4A5B-98DE-3717555497B3 (resized).jpeg1423157F-DE9B-4A5B-98DE-3717555497B3 (resized).jpeg

#2246 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I just brought a newly-rebuilt Sheriff to a cowboy-themed American Cancer Society benefit.
    As you can see... “like likes like”!
    [quoted image]

All this hard work and long hours are starting to make you look quite old there sheriff

#2247 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

All this hard work and long hours are starting to make you look quite old there sheriff

Wow who knew a how a haircut could change someones appearance :O

#2248 5 years ago

I guess even a former Texan is a cowboy at heart; or at least has to have a cowboy pinball!

#2249 5 years ago

New season, new ‘do.

F76B4F0C-5AD4-465E-B54B-5D2C8E664E65 (resized).jpegF76B4F0C-5AD4-465E-B54B-5D2C8E664E65 (resized).jpeg

Update from a recent Facebook post...

Working 80 hours a week in a public pinball museum offers unique insights which the home collector and/or traveling pinball enthusiast may not be privy to.

It isn’t possible to convey the entirety of this knowledge via one Facebook post, so instead I shall offer today’s tidbit: The ten (roughly) most popular games according to the public in our collection at Roanoke Pinball Museum...

Guitar Hero
    Cheap digital slide-puck game
    Arcade multicade (Ms. Pac/Galaga)
    Iron Maiden
    Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
    Metallica
    Slugfest
    Ghostbusters
    Funhouse
    Eight Ball Deluxe

Popular runners-up:
    Haunted House
    Kiss ‘78
    Getaway: High Speed 2
    Banzai Run
    Fan-Tas-Tic
    Klondike
    Space Mission
    Captain Fantastic
    Black Knight

Yes, that’s right, our top three games are not pinball machines. What do they all have in common? Simple thrills.

Pinball is a game of concentration and skill. Not everyone who goes out for a night on the town wants to exert that level of mental exercise. I’d wager the general pulse of today’s audiences are a bit overstimulated compared with the 80’s.

A lot of folks just want more simplicity. Ever notice how many products and restaurants have “Simply” in their title nowadays? Simply Burgers? Simply Shampoo?

The Cidercade (in Dallas) pulled about 20-ish pins from the floor to make room for more basketball and recreational games. Not because they dislike pinball or can’t deal with the maintenance... but because the lines of guests stacking up the queues of NON-pinball games demanded it.

Point being, if you’re thinking of opening a pinball venue or already have one... keep “game diversity” in mind. A wide array of diversions (oftentimes the most simplistic imaginable) will satisfy the widest array of potential guests.

Also keep in mind many people travel in groups and some will not play pinball. Have something for them to do... otherwise they will influence the rest of the group to leave.

You know what Tim Arnold’s top revenue-earning machine is at the PHOF? Ball bowler. Huge piles of quarters. Second most profitable? The bottled drink machines.

As for RPM, I’m not removing any pins, but I am adding more amusements. Ultimately, it will carry pinball to even greater heights... and who can argue with that?

Diversity = survival

#2250 5 years ago

Not surprised on your top 3 earning games...

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games/page/45?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.