(Topic ID: 179489)

"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

By NicoVolta

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tiltpic (resized).jpg
    pinballpeople (resized).jpg
    82AEE677-99AB-4A06-88A1-AC46A83934EF (resized).jpeg
    E7F956A9-A133-49D5-837E-2E60D848B928 (resized).jpeg
    BEC68D50-0F81-45CE-8DB4-923B9BB92E4F (resized).jpeg
    0D22BACD-6C20-4EFC-9566-72C275C7A0E9 (resized).jpeg
    KVIL poster (resized).jpg
    CA49040D-6630-4A45-98EC-098A17B1BC1E (resized).jpeg
    5BF19104-DCAB-43FB-8061-580F76A59EEB (resized).jpeg
    7635D833-0BF0-4A15-8D04-D5018215C5CC (resized).jpeg
    B353F092-BEC0-4EEA-9E80-4D958D496017 (resized).jpeg
    D197D070-C43D-4F3B-B4DC-6930AE040CD6 (resized).jpeg
    30AF8562-5B01-48D9-B9E3-07ADE8DFDE9F (resized).jpeg
    519741C7-0D7D-4E9B-B73B-5D622A352BD4 (resized).jpeg
    08E3B205-7BC0-417C-8C93-E12F0EF5F0B2 (resized).jpeg
    EADCF2A6-148F-4FFB-B852-3C9EDC8A5C67 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

93 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 48.
    #2151 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

You might want to put a rubber on the right flipper. Some one was going to say it

That is the sort of thing you notice with improved lighting..

#2152 5 years ago

Standard LEDs when used for GI are flashing 120 a second. This can cause a strobing effect as the ball crosses at high speed across the playfield. Some people's eyes see it more pronounced than others. And it depends on the amount of ambient light.

Non ghosting can greatly help but still may not eliminate it completely.

WPC power save or fading effects don't usually agree with standard LEDs.

#2153 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I just converted our World Cup Soccer to LED’s and installed the LED OCD board. Can not believe how good it looks!

That is gorgeous!

#2154 5 years ago

Seems I spoke too soon. The backbox/sling/various GI was flickering, so I installed the GI OCD. $$$ adds up quick but sure looks nice.

I have no idea why WCS is still one of the cheapest DMD games. Even today you can find them under $3000. It's in my top 10 favorite SS games because it just makes you happy playing it and looks great.

#2155 5 years ago

a post I thought you'd be interested in ... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-ever-wonder-why-bother-giving-pricing-advice-#post-4431503

Only a couple hours drive for you & looks like worth a visit before closing in July (building being demoed)

https://paulspinballpalace.net/

#2156 5 years ago

Cool... been wanting to visit Pete's. I'm angling for a league visit on the 26th. Will be quite a task to relocate those pins w/three flights of stairs!

1 week later
    #2157 5 years ago

OK... time for a Fan-Tas-Tic tweak to make the middle-pop less stingy. Note how the side posts are angled downward?

850ABEEB-9F29-4DC1-902A-79356FD9F90A (resized).jpeg850ABEEB-9F29-4DC1-902A-79356FD9F90A (resized).jpeg

Nobody wants that. Even Norm Clark himself updated the design later and straightened them out.

16D1182A-12D4-41CE-BA86-2164244F8DE6 (resized).jpeg16D1182A-12D4-41CE-BA86-2164244F8DE6 (resized).jpeg

47781F26-1B44-4FCF-8F05-693214CC9D68 (resized).jpeg47781F26-1B44-4FCF-8F05-693214CC9D68 (resized).jpeg

8F3138FD-47CF-44F1-8C38-E35BACDB3066 (resized).jpeg8F3138FD-47CF-44F1-8C38-E35BACDB3066 (resized).jpeg

All you need to do is align all three posts by drilling a new hole for the middle post.

8C468DE8-4507-428F-82F4-E01DEB9877A4 (resized).jpeg8C468DE8-4507-428F-82F4-E01DEB9877A4 (resized).jpeg

2963FAB2-ED66-4500-8D35-95AD6B6A2E94 (resized).jpeg2963FAB2-ED66-4500-8D35-95AD6B6A2E94 (resized).jpeg

Bingo! More rebounds, more fun.

3E2C99E5-9FE1-4363-A234-5D8413405D95 (resized).jpeg3E2C99E5-9FE1-4363-A234-5D8413405D95 (resized).jpeg

Also be sure to slide the lowest posts inward to the “most generous” horizontal position. This will narrow the drain gap and increase the rebounds... because those dramatic saves are what middle-pop games are all about.

#2158 5 years ago

Somebody needs a manicure

#2159 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

ROFL... 90-hour weeks, man. Still crazy.

#2160 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

So does Nic

#2161 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Nailed it.

#2163 5 years ago

Magic brush update: I still love using the Dremel + 443 magic brush for the "swab, polish, swab" switch cleaning technique. However... in some cases you will have to sand or file the switch contacts anyway. A tiny minority of switches just don't make good physical contact, even after being polished and cleaned.

In these stubborn cases, squeeze the contacts together and use a file (or sandpaper) to resurface them. Then "swab, polish, swab" as usual to get them clean and smooth again.

I rarely find this to be an issue. Maybe one switch within every two or three games just doesn't want to play nice, even when the contacts look good and are wiping properly.

Metal can be fussy like that. Save the sanding stuff when a little extra persuasion is warranted. Otherwise, the brush will get you there in the most elegant way possible. Happy polishing!

#2164 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Magic brush update: I still love using the Dremel + 443 magic brush for the "swab, polish, swab" switch cleaning technique. However... in some cases you will have to sand or file the switch contacts anyway. A tiny minority of switches just don't make good physical contact, even after being polished and cleaned.
    In these stubborn cases, squeeze the contacts together and use a file (or sandpaper) to resurface them. Then "swab, polish, swab" as usual to get them clean and smooth again.
    I rarely find this to be an issue. Maybe one switch within every two or three games just doesn't want to play nice, even when the contacts look good and are wiping properly.
    Metal can be fussy like that. Save the sanding stuff when a little extra persuasion is warranted. Otherwise, the brush will get you there in the most elegant way possible. Happy polishing!

Yeah, you are getting more surface contact area when you file flat.

#2165 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I had this experience on a persnickety 100pt relay contact. It was clean, shiny and properly gapped but didn't always work properly. Finally I took the flexstone to it and voila - it works fine now.

#2166 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah, you are getting more surface contact area when you file flat.

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I had this experience on a persnickety 100pt relay contact. It was clean, shiny and properly gapped but didn't always work properly. Finally I took the flexstone to it and voila - it works fine now.

And thus, the two camps: File everything as you go, or only file when necessary.

Overall, I've found the polishing approach delivers better results for the reasons discussed in this thread. Polishing is less destructive, doesn't change the switch strike angle, allows for inspection of rattling/floating contacts, doesn't generate sanding/filing debris, and leaves a cleaner/smoother result. But filing isn't "wrong" per se... it's just a bit overkill in my opinion as a catch-all procedure.

Another good use for the Dremel is resurfacing pitted high-current contacts (like flipper EOS and high-current relays). Switch contacts need to be smooth. I use those Chinese-sourced sanding flapwheels all the time for contouring metal. Much easier than filing or sanding. The metal just melts smooth under your gaze. Then I polish and swab as usual with the 443. Good as new again.

Whew... lots to fix at the museum. Also learned that you can't always swap higher-power flipper coils without affecting something else in the circuit. Fixed an interesting issue with Fan-Tas-Tic. Will follow up soon.

1 week later
    #2167 5 years ago

Seems that Nic might be taking a well deserved vacation;
    either that or working his fingers to the bone again
    and he can not type (post) anything.

cheers from the left coast

#2168 5 years ago

Hiya Tom. Yes, always busy as heck around here. Getting ready for a rooftop party tonight and pinball until 11pm. Really loving the weather and beautiful scenery around here. Roanoke is somewhere along the Kauai-Seattle-British Columbia weather spectrum... a nice place to be indeed. I’m sure you can relate, Mr. Oregon.

They say “it gets hot in summer” around here. Ha! HA HA! NOT! Not compared to Dallas. Even when the daily high is predicted to reach 100 (a rarity) it only does so for a millisecond before the cool evening winds blow again. And thus, every evening is nice.

Whereas in Dallas the concrete (which covers every living inch of surface across the metroplex) radiates oven-like heat all day and night and you don’t get a break until... well... sometimes November.

Don’t miss that. At. All.

BTW, just upgraded the flipper coils on Fan-Tas-Tic with these (same as used in later Williams EM’s like Aztec). Recommended!

8CFB9B5C-DFA3-4716-BD8C-D2F482601641 (resized).jpeg8CFB9B5C-DFA3-4716-BD8C-D2F482601641 (resized).jpeg

#2169 5 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4469380
    BTW, just upgraded the flipper coils on Fan-Tas-Tic with these (same as used in later Williams EM’s like Aztec). Recommended!

I think your recommended (stronger flipper coils option) changes have been a clear success on my Wizard! and Bow & Arrow. An occasional airball off the glass on the latter, notwithstanding . . . .
    Therefore, when you recently seemed to express some second thoughts on this score (?), it had my full attention.

#2170 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Really loving the weather and beautiful scenery around here. Roanoke is somewhere along the Kauai-Seattle-British Columbia weather spectrum... a nice place to be indeed. I’m sure you can relate, Mr. Oregon.

It actually rained here for 15 minutes yesterday.
    Deb wishes it would rain more often during the summer.
    So far we only had about 2 days which just broke the 90'F barrier,
    but like you stated, it only lasts a brief period before it cools down in evening
    now temps are back to normal high 70s / low 80s for rest of month.

Take some video of the rooftop pinball party and post it.

#2171 5 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

&lt;blockquote cite="#4469380
    BTW, just upgraded the flipper coils. I think your recommended (stronger flipper coils option) changes have been a clear success on my Wizard! and Bow &amp; Arrow. An occasional airball off the glass on the latter, notwithstanding . . . .
    Therefore, when you recently seemed to express some second thoughts on this score (?), it had my full attention.

Not sure I got that. Second thoughts on the upgraded coils? No regrets so far!

#2172 5 years ago

Today, a rare opportunity to hit the road and fix a few pins with some friendly folks.

Signed Elvis photos, Wizard of Oz actors, 60’s and 70’s memorabilia, and 10,000 fireflies lighting the return trip through the Virginia mountains.

Good day. Been missing the travels.

F3D89A94-5F19-4886-A8BB-203A5AE47F07 (resized).jpegF3D89A94-5F19-4886-A8BB-203A5AE47F07 (resized).jpeg

#2173 5 years ago

She’s a malt liquor girl. Love it!

1 week later
    #2174 5 years ago

I’ll be visiting the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland next week (Tuesday the 17th or Wednesday the 18th) for this...

1234E520-1115-4979-AACD-7F1986C128BD (resized).jpeg1234E520-1115-4979-AACD-7F1986C128BD (resized).jpeg

Maybe they’ll ask me to fix the games?

#2175 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I’ll be visiting the Rock &amp; Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland next week (Tuesday the 17th or Wednesday the 18th) for this...

Maybe they’ll ask me to fix the games?

Yep...bring your 'toolbox'!

#2176 5 years ago

6D5B0EBF-8437-49C0-A6B9-AD9CEF9CAB59 (resized).jpeg6D5B0EBF-8437-49C0-A6B9-AD9CEF9CAB59 (resized).jpeg

Pinball school.

B058FF25-BEF2-403B-85E1-3510D5B54B47 (resized).jpegB058FF25-BEF2-403B-85E1-3510D5B54B47 (resized).jpeg

It’s a class. It’s a vacation. It’s a night at the museum. It’s craft brews and food.

04C7A6D2-0B61-46A9-97F5-A34AF94227F7 (resized).jpeg04C7A6D2-0B61-46A9-97F5-A34AF94227F7 (resized).jpeg

It’s coming. Get those travel planners ready...

#2177 5 years ago

Sit a GoPro in the corner and film it, then post. No need for fancy post processing

#2178 5 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

Sit a GoPro in the corner and film it, then post. No need for fancy post processing

Although not stated, I’m assuming the school will carry with it an entrance fee, or tuition so to speak. Seems like filming and posting would reduce the demand to attend the school in person (and pay the fee). As I mentioned, I could be wrong in my assumption... I’m sure Nic will speak to this in future posts when more details come out.

#2179 5 years ago

Yes, the need for edited quality online tutorials which are understandable and fun to watch is important and something I eventually plan to do. Sticking a video camera in the corner will not suffice. Close-ups and detailed instruction requires specific shots, props, functional examples, and good lighting... and maybe a little theory too with the usual safety disclaimers.

Creating good instructional material takes time and effort. If I were part of a large university which could afford to pay for my time, I could create courseware which they could freely distribute online if they wished. But currently there is no time to do so.

Also, I’ve found that learning hands-on skills in interactive group settings is VASTLY superior to any other method. Knowledge is reinforced much more quickly and questions can be asked and answered on the spot. It’s also a ton of fun and a great social experience. Not to mention Roanoke is a beautiful tourist destination with lots of breweries to visit and things to do.

I spent 2017 traveling 30,000 miles to visit the community working my fingers and legs to the bone and countless hours sharing tips and tricks online. Now it’s your turn to come see me. It’ll be worth it.

2 weeks later
    #2180 5 years ago

I made the C Division finals at Pinburgh! That’s all I wanted to do... whatever happens next is gravy.

I never thought pinball could be this grueling! Pinburgh is an incredible test of stamina with some equally incredible players. I had to fight hard for every win thus far... and clearly there is room for improvement in my skills and patience.

Gotta go to sleep now. 9am warmup... and then it’s on again.

Saw lots of Pinsiders and other folks from the Pinball Tour here! And many others who stopped to say hello... always nice to meet a new face.

265A2190-3E25-4C93-A9E4-453F5DEF80F4 (resized).jpeg265A2190-3E25-4C93-A9E4-453F5DEF80F4 (resized).jpeg

CCDB9982-6E15-493E-8FBA-3E21EDA19A2E (resized).pngCCDB9982-6E15-493E-8FBA-3E21EDA19A2E (resized).png

#2181 5 years ago

....and just like that, *boom*. Over and done. Was edged out by the thinnest of margins on the last game (Space Shuttle). But hey, happy to have won the $200 for the effort.

Before I head out for a much-deserved beer and delicious lunch, this flood of thoughts must pour out...

Competitive pinball (specifically Pinburgh and big tournaments like it) is a legitimate high-energy, high-intensity sport. I've played a few local tournaments just for fun, but none have come close to anything like what I just experienced over the last 30 hours. It was a supreme test of sheer willpower: Thousands of tricky shots to make, knowing the right risks to take, evaluating each machine on the fly, constant blinking lights and loud noises, adrenaline levels spiked at maximum, and emotions running high as well. It was an epic deathmatch in which only five out of 840 people are going to win a divisional championship. As such, it is best to maintain realistic expectations... because A LOT of people are going home empty-handed.

For a non-competitive player, I'm fortunate to have advanced as far as I did. Pinburgh confirmed that I am a pretty good player after all, but certainly still a "wild talent" who gets too impatient and makes too many swings for the fence.

C-Division was a perfect placement for me. I encountered a mixture of other "wild talents" like myself mixed in with a few seasoned pros... and it was obvious which was which. The pros consistently made their shots and remained in control. Only the luckiest of us could hope to squeak by them in the finals... most didn't.

I am left wondering what will come next. Playing competitively requires a different perspective which has to be learned. Mindlessly flipping the ball around for fun doesn't win trophies. Nor does getting a high score if it took 100 games to achieve it. No, becoming a professional pinballer is a matter of mindfuless and consistency... especially consistency. A professional will be able to consistently earn very high scores, not merely once in a while. THAT is the dividing line between people like me and people like them.

It was fun to swing for the fence and land enough wins to put me in good company... some of whom have been coming to Pinburgh for many years. The next question is... has all of this changed my outlook? Do I want to push it to the next level?

Pinburgh was one of the best pinball experiences I've ever had. It was so DIFFICULT and so UNPREDICTABLE and so EPIC that nothing else compares. Truly on an island of one... and I think I'd like to return to this island again for another visit. So...

...time for a beer and perhaps a new game plan for 2019.

#2182 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

[quoted image]
    Pinball school.
    [quoted image]
    It’s a class. It’s a vacation. It’s a night at the museum. It’s craft brews and food.
    [quoted image]
    It’s coming. Get those travel planners ready...

I'm in!! I just picked up a Royal Flush in pretty nice condition. Has some kinks that need to be worked out, but for my first EM, I'm super excited! It's a BLAST to play!

#2183 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

.... The next question is... has all of this changed my outlook? Do I want to push it to the next level?
    Pinburgh was one of the best pinball experiences I've ever had. It was so DIFFICULT and so UNPREDICTABLE and so EPIC that nothing else compares. Truly on an island of one... and I think I'd like to return to this island again for another visit. So...
    ...time for a beer and perhaps a new game plan for 2019.

Thanks for your detailed report -- especially from the perspective of a reader who has never been. I'd heard on the news of downpours and flooding in that part of the country; so much the better if that was not a significant factor. I think you have what it takes to make more of a dent in the competitive pinball world, should you decide this is of continuing interest.

One thing I've been curious about: in a top tourney such as this, do they "gaffe" or modify the tables (a post removed here, a rail removed there, etc.) presumably in order to shorten ball times, and most probably to present greater challenge for the top players ? I've had to get used to that as S.O.P. at a certain mid-level tourney. Unfortunately, this tends to have high collateral damage among the ranks of players who are just average or below that. (Uh . . . like me !) While I can understand tournament directors' arguments in favor of doing that, I think it can easily be overdone, in practice. I mean, every year I see players go to take their turn, and suddenly have a "WTF was that ?!!" moment when they trip over something unexpected and sketchy, that is not a normal peril of that game. If it looks too erratic or difficult to compensate for -- with an at best moderate skill level -- I just end up deciding to avoid that table, as much as possible.

#2184 5 years ago

Yes indeedy... the games you know and love are often tweaked for extra-hard difficulty.

Posts removed, rubbers removed from posts, even flippers swapped out on some (aka "Lightning Flippers" which are 1/8" shorter than usual).

The changes made some already-tough games a grist mill of epic proportions. BUT, this is what helps a massive contest such as this move along on schedule so well.

Thinking back, I still can't believe how massive a task it is to pull off a convention/competition of this size. Moving all the games, leveling them, tweaking them, fixing on the fly, judgment calls, coordinating all of the player groups and moving things along on schedule. It is truly the Super Bowl of pinball. Just a phenomenal experience.

Even if you're a beginner, I highly recommend it. It is a fantastic social and competitive experience. The newly-created E-Division afforded many beginners a shot at glory too... so there's no need to be a die-hard pro.

Next year, they're talking about expanding to 1000 players. I bet it will sell out in seconds again... and I'll likely be among them with a little luck.

#2185 5 years ago

2F22E4CB-A9D3-4D54-961A-F24DCE90322E (resized).jpeg2F22E4CB-A9D3-4D54-961A-F24DCE90322E (resized).jpeg

Guess what... even though it’s 10:30pm while sitting alone in the museum because work never, ever ends... I ain’t done driving and fixing!

Joe’s Lucky Ace had been sitting idle for a year, and that’s a year too long. Now it is bright and flipping in the gameroom again... and that’s what really makes me happy.

A broken pinball machine is like Disneyland closing for maintenance on your birthday. We just can’t allow that, now can we?

Going to NYC this weekend for a break...

#2186 5 years ago

Nic your dedication to keeping these EMs all flipping is admirable. Part of the reason I have so few EMs on the floor is that if my SS goes down it’s just an expensive new board and I’m back in business. Not so much with EMs which are usually head scratchers. Surely there has to be some knowledgeable repair guys to help you out there keep these running. We have a crew of 3 and even that’s barely enough to keep our head above water

#2187 5 years ago

Actually, once rebuilt, my EM’s have been a breeze. Fixing them is less stressful than SS games because the parts are easy to obtain and repairs are quick. Whereas SS games have special latches and parts and electronics which may not be so readily attainable at a moment’s notice (and thus stay down longer between part orders).

I really need to get Roanoke Pinball School rolling to train the masses... just need more time. Always more time.

#2188 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I really need to get Roanoke Pinball School rolling to train the masses... just need more time. Always more time.

takemymoney-1024x573 (resized).jpgtakemymoney-1024x573 (resized).jpg

#2189 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Actually, once rebuilt, my EM’s have been a breeze. Fixing them is less stressful than SS games >because the parts are easy to obtain< and repairs are quick. Whereas SS games have special latches and parts and electronics which may not be so readily attainable at a moment’s notice (and thus stay down longer between part orders).

Au Contraire (sometimes), I'm forced to chime in here, due to recent experience. Bally part # P 7469-7, for my misbehaving Bow & Arrow, proved to be un-obtainium. Steve could not supply it, and an internet search proved unavailing. The tech had to cannibalize this from some other ailing pin that had this part.

Which prompts a question that was going to be a separate thread, and still may have to be: is there any known way to demagnetize a part that has become magnetized ? A reliable method that actually works ?

#2190 5 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

Au Contraire (sometimes), I'm forced to chime in here, due to recent experience. Bally part # P 7469-7, for my misbehaving Bow &amp; Arrow, proved to be un-obtainium. Steve could not supply it, and an internet search proved unavailing. The tech had to cannibalize this from some other ailing pin that had this part.
    Which prompts a question that was going to be a separate thread, and still may have to be: is there any known way to demagnetize a part that has become magnetized ? A reliable method that actually works ?

I mylared a magnetized plate (coil side) when repeatedly hitting it with a hammer did not demagnetize it. It gave it just enough resistance to break the magnetism when the coil was off

#2191 5 years ago

Heat kills magnetism friction creates it in a lot of cases.

It has a lot to do with polarizing and depolarizing surface electrons.

Heating and then Cooling metal puts it in a highly energized state, and then a lower energized state. This starves off some or all of the polarization.

450-500 degrees should do it.
    A regular oven or broiler would suffice.

#2192 5 years ago

Fascinating! I never tried ovening a magnetized part.

Note: The VAST majority of “magnetized” parts I’ve found throughout my travels were due to worn relay plates, coil stops, or mushroomed plungers.

Not saying it can’t happen... it certainly does. Most commonly seems to be the coil stops welded into pop bumper brackets.

But in most cases, mechanical sticking. Not magnetic forces.

I’ll have to find that magnetized pop bumper bracket stop and bake it. See what happens.

Science! The truest candle leading us out of the dark...

#2193 5 years ago

Put magnetized parts in the freezer for a couple of days. It works.

#2194 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Put magnetized parts in the freezer for a couple of days. It works.

yes, heating then cooling or cooling then heating.
    It will all work. Works well for magnetized pinballs too.

Its about reducing polarization.

1 week later
    #2195 5 years ago

Sometimes, you have to get creative to get the word out. Signs are good, but a guy pushing a pinball machine through the square is better!

0B3DF007-5D96-4E9A-A5A8-27B7B0F834FE (resized).jpeg0B3DF007-5D96-4E9A-A5A8-27B7B0F834FE (resized).jpeg

Future EM pinball school attendees, this is the place. Lovely downtown location w/restaurants, bars, and of course pinball.

(and Roanoke was once deemed “Magic City”!)

#2196 5 years ago

Nic, That game looks familar, is it the one from Allentown?

#2197 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Sometimes, you have to get creative to get the word out. Signs are good, but a guy pushing a pinball machine through the square is better!
    [quoted image]
    Future EM pinball school attendees, this is the place. Lovely downtown location w/restaurants, bars, and of course pinball.
    (and Roanoke was once deemed “Magic City”!)

I pushed a space station 2 blocks from the local science museum to a brewpub. We had several people follow us in to play

#2198 5 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

Nic, That game looks familar, is it the one from Allentown?

It is indeed! It will be on the floor as soon as I get it rebuilt. Hugely long queue though... geez. Still doing 80-hour weeks.

Quoted from Cheddar:

I pushed a space station 2 blocks from the local science museum to a brewpub. We had several people follow us in to play

Ha! I can see why. People flocked around it. Now I’ll have to take it to really extreme locations...

#2199 5 years ago

Hey longtime followers... I just did a FaceTime fix with brenna98 and it was fun. Since it will take a while to get Roanoke Pinball School started, would anyone else be interested in a one-on-one interactive video fix-it or training session?

Wouldn’t charge anything for my time but maybe buy me a sandwich if you like. Downtown eatin’s adds up during these 80-hour weeks.

#2200 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hey longtime followers... I just did a FaceTime fix with brenna98 and it was fun. Since it will take a while to get Roanoke Pinball School started, would anyone else be interested in a one-on-one interactive video fix-it or training session?
    Wouldn’t charge anything for my time but maybe buy me a sandwich if you like. Downtown eatin’s adds up during these 80-hour weeks.

I'm still rocking the flip-phone, but thought you could be the first "NordicTrack - pinball - fitness - trainer"

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.