(Topic ID: 179489)

"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

By NicoVolta

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tiltpic (resized).jpg
    pinballpeople (resized).jpg
    82AEE677-99AB-4A06-88A1-AC46A83934EF (resized).jpeg
    E7F956A9-A133-49D5-837E-2E60D848B928 (resized).jpeg
    BEC68D50-0F81-45CE-8DB4-923B9BB92E4F (resized).jpeg
    0D22BACD-6C20-4EFC-9566-72C275C7A0E9 (resized).jpeg
    KVIL poster (resized).jpg
    CA49040D-6630-4A45-98EC-098A17B1BC1E (resized).jpeg
    5BF19104-DCAB-43FB-8061-580F76A59EEB (resized).jpeg
    7635D833-0BF0-4A15-8D04-D5018215C5CC (resized).jpeg
    B353F092-BEC0-4EEA-9E80-4D958D496017 (resized).jpeg
    D197D070-C43D-4F3B-B4DC-6930AE040CD6 (resized).jpeg
    30AF8562-5B01-48D9-B9E3-07ADE8DFDE9F (resized).jpeg
    519741C7-0D7D-4E9B-B73B-5D622A352BD4 (resized).jpeg
    08E3B205-7BC0-417C-8C93-E12F0EF5F0B2 (resized).jpeg
    EADCF2A6-148F-4FFB-B852-3C9EDC8A5C67 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

93 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 48.
    #1901 6 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Have fun with that cheap taxation, Saskatchewan below
    Tax Rates on
    Taxable Income
    10.75% on first $45,225
    12.75% on next $83,989
    14.75% on any remainder
    Tax Credit Amounts
    Basic personal amount
    $16,065

Yikes! Though the downside is if you get sick here, it may cost you $11,000,000 out of pocket before your deductible is covered.

#1902 6 years ago

Hey now, you just hurt my feelings...... I'm going to head to the doctor to get them checked for free. Sorry old Canadian joke..

Topic plunging off topic

#1903 6 years ago

OK... it's Monday. Four days left until the big reveal.

The recent Disney World visit got me inspired to think big!

IMG_4476 (resized).JPGIMG_4476 (resized).JPG

#1904 6 years ago

Aspiring Atlas? Either way Virgin or Californicate, its a challenge and you get to pick (hopefully not bleed out in the process).

#1905 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hardsuit:

12+ layers of water based polyurethane, with multiple passes through a heated vacuum press to compress and cure the layers together.

If not already documented, it would be a good idea. I think there are many folks with rethemes that would benefit from coverage of such a layering and bonding process with vacuum. You guys seem to be immersed in the DIY/Maker markets, so was all this done with Maker type tech, or commercial?

#1906 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

If not already documented, it would be a good idea. I think there are many folks with rethemes that would benefit from coverage of such a layering and bonding process with vacuum. You guys seem to be immersed in the DIY/Maker markets, so was all this done with Maker type tech, or commercial?

I'll defer to Hardsuit on this one. Not sure if he wants to reveal his process yet, but it is something most people would be able to do given the time and patience.

#1907 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Four days left until the big reveal.

Better be heavy on the details
    as to exactly where and how and why and what and when.

#1908 6 years ago

I predict you will live where you decide and will be happy. Congrats on which ever way you go. I too have unhindered flexibility to move and you've made me consider it again. Its nice to know you don't want to stay where you are and the world is your oyster. Congrats on narrowing it down to two pearls of your design.

#1909 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Better be heavy on the details
    as to exactly where and how and why and what and when.

Or what? I get your Star Jet?

Rest assured, the news shall fly off the presses with comprehensive technicolor details as promised. Besides, I've been stringing this thing out long enough, aye? Let's get on with the next big thing! Hee yaw!

#1910 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Let's get on with the next big thing! Hee yaw!

And hopefully this next big thing
    is something that we all can participate (experience),
    in some big or small (real) way.

P.S. Star Jet is off limits, you will have to wait until I kick the bucket for that one.

#1911 6 years ago

NicoVolta Where in VA are you moving?

#1912 6 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Where in VA are you moving?

I think you have a typo there
    it should read CA not VA!

#1913 6 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

nicovolta Where in VA are you moving?

Quoted from pinwiztom:

I think you have a typo there
    it should read CA not VA!

Haha love the confidence for both options!

Three days and counting...

#1914 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

P.S. Star Jet is off limits, you will have to wait until I kick the bucket for that one.

I saw it, he said you get his Star Jet.

#1915 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Virginia is one of the few states charging annual property tax ON YOUR CAR. Motorists living near Fairfax county pay $4.57 per $100 of their vehicle's assessed value.
    The Pinwagon would cost me an extra $750/year to sit in a garage in Fairfax county. Awwww man.
    They'll get you to pay your share one way or another...

We had a sizable bump in the Cali vehicle registration, along with the state gas tax -- another misleading, false-premise rip-off engineered by Jerry Brown and our legislature -- but there is a ballot initiative gathering momentum that is going to repeal it ! However, this will take a little while. BUT, just think: You could be a Californian in time to vote for it !

Perhaps a bigger factor in your decision might be the example of this season's *2nd.* big Nor' Easter, currently rolling in on the Eastern Seaboard, which may reach down as far as Virginia. How far inland does one need to be to evade the worst of those ? Escape the coastal storm surge, and you will still be freezing and shoveling a whole lotta snow. Does that sound appealing ?

#1916 6 years ago

We are down to 67F today, everyone is freezing in Huntington Beach (after it hit about 75 yesterday). People walking around in coats with fur liners, hats, gloves.

And no this is not a joke, I am not kidding. I see it all the time. I am always tempted to take a snapshot of someone walking around like this, and put it next to the current temp, which is, like I said, 65-70.

I stick with shorts and a t-shirt all the time.

#1917 6 years ago

It got up around 45º in Southern Wi last week and some guys rode their motorcycles to work.

#1918 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

... I stick with shorts and a t-shirt all the time.

But would you dare share da hair of yar nair-region in a borat 'junk-in-a-sling' garment all time to prove your point?

#1919 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

But would you dare share da hair of yar nair-region in a borat 'junk-in-a-sling' garment all time to prove your point?

YES.

Wife won't allow it though.

#1920 6 years ago

Maybe this emoji will be the start of more pinball in this thread...

(or let's talk more taxes)

#1921 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Maybe this emoji will be the start of more pinball in this thread...

(or let's talk more taxes)

I appreciate your patience. Doing a 14-state countdown might have been a little over the top... but we've had some time to kill. You see, I've already been secretly working on the Next Big Thing since December. Right in the middle of touring & fixing.

Beans are about to spill...

#1922 6 years ago

2nd snow storm in a week; Nic is that Hyundai all wheel drive?
    You may need it. ❄

#1923 6 years ago

is it Friday yet?

#1924 6 years ago

I hope this emoji gets the fast food topic started again.

Jack in the Box Taco's

#1925 6 years ago

Hey! The emoji didn't show up

#1926 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

is it Friday yet?

Not yet, but someone has a new avatar. I think I know that trio...

05C16E8B-C2E2-421B-811A-E3D4D3398A3F (resized).jpeg05C16E8B-C2E2-421B-811A-E3D4D3398A3F (resized).jpeg

Following the Cheerios... one crunch... at... a... time...

#1927 6 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

2nd snow storm in a week; Nic is that Hyundai all wheel drive?
    You may need it. ❄

And Big Storm 3 is predicted to be headed that way very shortly. Did I mention the power outages ? Or the thundersnow ? (Perhaps as harmful as thunderthighs . . . one woman reportedly had her umbrella fried by lightning, right out of the falling snow.) You know what -- I'd choose the drought, fire seasons, and possible earthquakes over that. Besides which, this far south the earthquake risk and severity does not begin to compare with the one prevailing in the L.A. area or NoCal. (Nic, that's a hint.)

#1928 6 years ago

Give me a little snow over an earthquake any day of the week. I was "involved" in an earthquake once and quickly realized why ancient civilizations believed the gods were angry and demanded a sacrifice. Good gravy!

#1929 6 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

And Big Storm 3 is predicted to be headed that way very shortly. Did I mention the power outages ? Or the thundersnow ? (Perhaps as harmful as thunderthighs . . . one woman reportedly had her umbrella fried by lightning, right out of the falling snow.) You know what -- I'd choose the drought, fire seasons, and possible earthquakes over that. Besides which, this far south the earthquake risk and severity does not begin to compare with the one prevailing in the L.A. area or NoCal. (Nic, that's a hint.)

That gas main break yesterday in Mission Valley was nice. Costco, Ikea and Starbucks all closed with their parking lot used as Red Cross staging.....

#1930 6 years ago

Or I can stay put and watch baseball-sized hail fly through windshields like last year at TPF. Missed it by only a few blocks!

OOF... storms predicted over TPF weekend again!

#1931 6 years ago

Move to Saskatchewan they said.......

Loader scraped down my tiny cul de sac yesterday, he left a spot in the middle

Second is Main Street in the middle of the road

F02FF6CF-9A18-474D-A9EF-A04CE1AF8BD4 (resized).jpegF02FF6CF-9A18-474D-A9EF-A04CE1AF8BD4 (resized).jpeg

534DBE5C-EB74-4FE3-B01F-6942E844630B (resized).jpeg534DBE5C-EB74-4FE3-B01F-6942E844630B (resized).jpeg

#1932 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Doing a 14-state countdown might have been a little over the top...

https://tinyurl.com/ManItsAlmostOver

#1933 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Doing a 14-state countdown might have been a little over the top...

Nah, its all good fun. It gives everyone some fun.

Have you thought about video-conferencing? If you are on a coast and the other coast wants to get a small group together and coordinate...
    I remember a video about an ipad-robot being used as a teacher at a remote school. I can picture "Ipad Nic" telling us to "swab, polish, swab"

#1934 6 years ago

I'm having fun too and learning as I follow hoping one day Nic'll be in this area.

#1935 6 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

Have you thought about video-conferencing?

Yep. Quite a lot... and good catch. The potential liabilities have kept me from diving in just yet (i.e. telling people to put their hands inside live machines in various condition and pressing things).

Still, I’ll likely give it a go on a trial basis at some point in the near-ish future.

#1936 6 years ago

All you people and your horrible weather and high taxes. I’m barely over two hours from the beach in San Diego and it hasn’t snowed here since the last ice age.

#1937 6 years ago

So Nic are you going to make your post at midnight

#1938 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

So Nic are you going to make your post at midnight

Noon CST tomorrow.

#1939 6 years ago

Noon!!! Oh the suspense is killing everyone.

#1940 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Noon!!! Oh the suspense is killing everyone.

Not me.

#1941 6 years ago

Is this really that big a deal? I know three close former co-workers (as we now work for different companies since I retired from my last gig) who are moving. It's not a big production where they put up fifty state seals on a website and slowly X'd off the ones they weren't moving to.

Why would someone really care about this?

Can we go back to restaurant ratings please?

#1942 6 years ago

It's exactly 12:00am EST 3/9/2018 - No announcement yet!!!

EDIT: I see it now... Noon CST!!

#1943 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Is this really that big a deal? I know three close former co-workers (as we now work for different companies since I retired from my last gig) who are moving. It's not a big production where they put up fifty state seals on a website and slowly X'd off the ones they weren't moving to.
    Why would someone really care about this?
    Can we go back to restaurant ratings please?

Perhaps the bigger question is, why would someone really care about crapping on a thread when they didn’t really care?

Your three former co-workers probably didn’t make a “big production” out of their future whereabouts because they probably didn’t spend a year driving 30,000 miles across the North American continent after a corporate layoff to help and meet people who like to have fun playing pinball.

Also, it was a 13 state countdown, not 50. Why the sarcasm? We did it because speculation is fun, pinball is fun, and fun is fun. Simple as that.

Yay fun!

Not having fun? Luckily there are thousands of other threads to choose from.

In the meantime... I have a fleet of EM’s, classes to teach, and a whole new venture to pursue. Pretty sure most people who made it this far might be curious to know where and what will come of this crazy adventure, eh?

Almost there!

#1944 6 years ago

dont waste your time on him Nic! He honestly is not worth the hot air.

back to the topic at hand.... Wake up and lets get the hype rolling!

I expect hints every hour for the 4 hours rolling up to noon! At that noon post better have lots of photos and pizzazz.

#1945 6 years ago

Thanks! Pinside (and the pinball hobby itself) is only as good as we can make it. Normally I don’t give trolling any attention but seeing as how we are near the end of this phase of the journey, it is a good time to throw in my 2c.

I cannot tell you how many extraordinary, creative, determined, fun-loving, and flat-out awesome people with INCREDIBLE pinball collections and restoration skills I met in person on the pinball tour who told me they “never do Pinside because of the negativity”.

We all lose out by their absence here. A few rotten apples really can spoil the whole barrel.

Our little magic keyboards allow us to projectile vomit things we would never say in person to one another... so why do it? Pinball is still a small hobby. Odds are you’ll meet some of these people in person at one time or another, and they’re almost always nicer when you do. You might even need their help someday. So why focus upon the negative? It only destroys what we all came here for.

If you like good content and want a sincere community, you have to speak up for it. Pinside is still a place where the automated bots haven’t filled it up with spam ads and such... and it is a great resource. So don’t let people slide when they bully someone or expect someone else to step in and clean up the mess. Speak to the mods and/or call out the negativity yourself. It does help.

“The paradox of tolerance is that the only thing we cannot tolerate is intolerance.”

And now... morning coffee... and then “it”.

#1946 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Thanks! Pinside (and the pinball hobby itself) is only as good as we can make it. Normally I don’t give trolling any attention but seeing as how we are near the end of this phase of the journey, it is a good time to throw in my 2c.
    I cannot tell you how many extraordinary, creative, determined, fun-loving, and flat-out awesome people with INCREDIBLE pinball collections and restoration skills I met in person on the pinball tour who told me they “never do Pinside because of the negativity”.
    We all lose out by their absence here. A few rotten apples really can spoil the whole barrel.
    Our little magic keyboards allow us to projectile vomit things we would never say in person to one another... so why do it? Pinball is still a small hobby. Odds are you’ll meet some of these people in person at one time or another, and they’re almost always nicer when you do. You might even need their help someday. So why focus upon the negative? It only destroys what we all came here for.
    If you like good content and want a sincere community, you have to speak up for it. Pinside is still a place where the automated bots haven’t filled it up with spam ads and such... and it is a great resource. So don’t let people slide when they bully someone or expect someone else to step in and clean up the mess. Speak to the mods and/or call out the negativity yourself. It does help.
    “The paradox of tolerance is that the only thing we cannot tolerate is intolerance.”
    And now... morning coffee... and then “it”.

Very Very Well Said!!!!!!!!!!!

#1947 6 years ago

Ok folks, again, pardon for stringing out the news so long but it was necessary. I've been secretly working double-time for months. As of today I am 10 pounds lighter and extraordinarily tired. Almost literally crying from exhaustion, no joke. But now that news day is finally here, it is time to rest, regroup, and prepare for...

#1949 6 years ago

bump

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games/page/39?hl=hd_fatboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.