(Topic ID: 179489)

"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

By NicoVolta

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tiltpic (resized).jpg
    pinballpeople (resized).jpg
    82AEE677-99AB-4A06-88A1-AC46A83934EF (resized).jpeg
    E7F956A9-A133-49D5-837E-2E60D848B928 (resized).jpeg
    BEC68D50-0F81-45CE-8DB4-923B9BB92E4F (resized).jpeg
    0D22BACD-6C20-4EFC-9566-72C275C7A0E9 (resized).jpeg
    KVIL poster (resized).jpg
    CA49040D-6630-4A45-98EC-098A17B1BC1E (resized).jpeg
    5BF19104-DCAB-43FB-8061-580F76A59EEB (resized).jpeg
    7635D833-0BF0-4A15-8D04-D5018215C5CC (resized).jpeg
    B353F092-BEC0-4EEA-9E80-4D958D496017 (resized).jpeg
    D197D070-C43D-4F3B-B4DC-6930AE040CD6 (resized).jpeg
    30AF8562-5B01-48D9-B9E3-07ADE8DFDE9F (resized).jpeg
    519741C7-0D7D-4E9B-B73B-5D622A352BD4 (resized).jpeg
    08E3B205-7BC0-417C-8C93-E12F0EF5F0B2 (resized).jpeg
    EADCF2A6-148F-4FFB-B852-3C9EDC8A5C67 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

93 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 48.
    #1701 6 years ago

We're gonna do something different for today's "Friday reveal" - the answer can be found in the latest episode of This Flippin' Podcast (along with Taylor's prediction, Houdini, TPF, and tales from the tour...)

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/whittle-it-down_122693

Pardon my rambly nature on this one... we got started late that night...

#1702 6 years ago

Spoken like a true teacher..... "Did you do your homework yet?".....lol I be thats the first thing Nic asks someone he has previously 'taught' before....

XXXXXXXXXXX off the list....still have my $ on the 'Left Coast' of Cali...lol

#1703 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

We're gonna do something different for today's "Friday reveal" - the answer can be found in the latest episode of This Flippin' Podcast (along with Taylor's prediction, Houdini, TPF, and tales from the tour...)

It was great to have Nic on the show and to catch up on all his latest tour news since his visit to my house 6+ months ago now. I'm sorry I was a failure of a student, but I promise the lessons were learned and will be put to good use in the future. Our show is all about the ramblings so to have on a guest with as much knowledge and as many unique experiences as Nic it was a true pleasure. $$$$ on Delaware

#1704 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I was hoping there might be some way to download this podcast as an audio file, then be able to listen to it while driving or tending to some other rote task, but right-clicking on the link only seems to offer the option of saving it as HTML, which would not be of any use . . . .

#1705 6 years ago

I was able to download a mp3 of the podcast
    First left click the link Nic provided then
    just right click where it says to download podcast and choose save link as.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1706 6 years ago

Deb will be heartbroken!

#1707 6 years ago

alliance5 (resized).pngalliance5 (resized).png

Yes indeed... as revealed in the podcast, Oregon got the boot.

Eugene was electric, the Columbia river breathtaking, and Portland as diverse and quirky as ever. Was also fun to visit our own @pizwiztom (tell Deb I'm sorry). Very much enjoyed my time there and would like to get back ASAP. But it's all about the variables and, tragically, Oregon didn't quite have enough of them lined up.

And now, I shall resume panic as the time shrinks and TPF looms...

#1708 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Oregon got the boot.

That only leaves Washington State as the obvious choice, Congrats!

#1709 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

also fun to visit our own @pizwiztom (tell Deb I'm sorry).

Its pinwiztom but
    Maybe you are right
    as I was "shocked and pizzed off" about you not coming to ORegon.

#1710 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Its pinwiztom but
    Maybe you are right
    as I was "shocked and pizzed off" about you not coming to ORegon.

LOL oops! I knew that... fat-fingered. Think I'll leave it that way for future shame.

Anyway @pinwiztom, hope to get back before too long. Truly enjoyed my time up there!

#1711 6 years ago

375px-Oregon_Ungreeting_Sign (resized).jpg375px-Oregon_Ungreeting_Sign (resized).jpg

#1712 6 years ago

Post #1446 in topic tells the tale.

#1713 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Thanks !

#1714 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yes indeed... as revealed in the podcast, Oregon got the boot.

Are you planning to come through Salt Lake City, Utah after California?

#1715 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballFever:

Are you planning to come through Salt Lake City, Utah after California?

Subsequent loops are all about timing. I'll be somewhat locked down after TPF with the new plan, but would still like to make some opportunistic visits. Will keep ya posted.

BTW... what does Eric of Titan Pinball do when he's not shipping out your orders? Play pinball, of course! And that's Derek at the top, intimidating the Martian invaders with his epic beard.

IMG_4638 (resized).JPGIMG_4638 (resized).JPG

#1716 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Subsequent loops are all about timing. I'll be somewhat locked down after TPF with the new plan, but would still like to make some opportunistic visits. Will keep ya posted.

Please do! You would have the chance to help with my 1953 GRAND CHAMPION which I'm not sure you've had the opportunity to play. You'd be welcome to crash for the night if you wanted.

#1717 6 years ago

My prediction is either California or Virginia so hope to see you on the East Coast either as a side tour or living out here

#1718 6 years ago

Your prediction is based on what evidence?

#1719 6 years ago

Yo, SD... no need to call Perry Mason for a deposition just yet.

#1720 6 years ago

Ready to head through Tn?

#1721 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aflacjack:

Ready to head through Tn?

Well... I am being distracted pretty heavily this weekend for the EM motherload auction of dreams: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/massive-pinball-auction-in-tulsa-ok-021818-160-pins

#1722 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Well... I am being distracted pretty heavily this weekend for the EM motherload auction of dreams: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/massive-pinball-auction-in-tulsa-ok-021818-160-pins

Are you planning to be there? I will.

#1723 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Are you planning to be there? I will.

Oh, most definitely.

#1724 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Your prediction is based on what evidence?

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Thanks everyone, truly! I've been sleeping a lot and relaxing... just taking my time filtering my thoughts and slowly getting organized for a move sometime next spring. I love the PNW (in summer), but most likely I will be heading to southern California. I have family and friends there and proximity to many of the things I enjoy.

#1725 6 years ago

9E029FFC-C9E5-4FC0-AA5E-2BD1A2665863 (resized).png9E029FFC-C9E5-4FC0-AA5E-2BD1A2665863 (resized).png

#1726 6 years ago

Interesting quote, maybe Shultz is after the San Diego experience. Golf, military, liberals, pinball, PPE/gang, others in pinball. Could almost see it, but still going with the 'long shot' of the ultra liberal, dismal depressing, fishy smelling, sloppy soggy wet, stoned, drunk and murderous/suicidal great Washington State.

#1727 6 years ago

That So Cal tidbit could have been a (pre-planned) plant to lead us off the trail
    or things changed and new opportunities could have arose since that old post.

I know nothing, nothing.

#1728 6 years ago

It's Friday again, and we are now down to "The Four". Today's casualty is...

alliance4 (resized).pngalliance4 (resized).png

"The First State"... Delaware.

I'm a little saddened by this decision. DJReddog made a good case for Delaware: Cheap, abundant coastlines, and pinball in every direction. As well as a bit of ancestry; I have some of the Lenape tribe ("Last of the Mohicans") in my blood.

Delawareans enjoy numerous amenities in their home state. Thomas Jefferson referred to it as a "jewel" due to its ideal location and stretch of coastlines. Reportedly, internet speeds are among the fastest in the world, with the exception of South Korea. The economy, crime, and tax rates are all rated "highly favorable" for retirees (you can never plan early enough). And no sales tax!

Hmmmm. You know, if my first choice doesn't work out, I may have to consider it...

#1729 6 years ago

Doing me best Nic impression, got my carbon brush on my Chinese “multi-pro” and cleaning out all my bayonet sockets and switches on my Fish Tales refurb I’m doing.

E74ECBBD-147B-45F8-8C43-3084D58AF29E (resized).jpegE74ECBBD-147B-45F8-8C43-3084D58AF29E (resized).jpeg

#1730 6 years ago

Wow... Nipawin is ouuuuut there! You might be the sole provider of pinball in the area, yes? If so, perfect choice of theme!

#1731 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Wow... Nipawin is ouuuuut there! You might be the sole provider of pinball in the area, yes? If so, perfect choice of theme!

Only a couple hours from Saskatoon, which you were in last year!

Also, yes Fish Tales is theme for sure, world record sized Walleye in the lake a mile away from the house.
    And Also yes, I doubt there is a soul within an hours drive of me with a pin.

#1733 6 years ago

Down to 4.....my prediction is still standing..

#1734 6 years ago

I bought the WhirlWind from Pokeys in November! Have a cabinet restore on it in the spring coming up.

#1735 6 years ago

Bah, its WA state. We all know it, he even said so regardless of a misdirect to the Cali land of fruits and nuts.

#1736 6 years ago

The "Vampire State" is still in the running. Unbelievable. Could PBR have something to do with this?

#1737 6 years ago

Hmm, Nic working @ PBR would be a good fit

#1738 6 years ago

Is Steve selling the business?

#1739 6 years ago

Nico,

Add a way to order and pay on the website!!!!

#1740 6 years ago

I don't see Nic being a parts guy with or without PBR.

Repairing machines - Yes!

I think he would say it's too cold in NY.

#1741 6 years ago

Good speculation folks! Lots of valid issues left on the table, good and bad. No place "has it all"... pros and cons exist everywhere.

BTW if you are a "pinball parent" (or a kid at heart... fess up!) you might be interested in this: http://www.turingtumble.com

turing (resized).jpgturing (resized).jpg

WAY cooler than bagatelle.

#1742 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I downloaded this and have been listening to it while on the freeway -- it sounds like a very good show. And a good thing I did while it was still available. Someone apparently hasn't been paying their web-hosting bill, as this_ is what's now coming up:

podcastgarden.com has expired
    Webmaster please contact Hostgator.com

Not an entirely unfamiliar sight in the course of my web-surfing but definitely a bummer.

#1743 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Good speculation folks! Lots of valid issues left on the table, good and bad. No place "has it all"... pros and cons exist everywhere.
    BTW if you are a "pinball parent" (or a kid at heart... fess up!) you might be interested in this: http://www.turingtumble.com

WAY cooler than bagatelle.

Hmmm. Rather than mess with this, why not just step UP to Pachinko. BUT, while I have some notion of *which* could be on the list of great pinball tables, my knowledge of the vertical "cousin" is basically zero.

[EDIT: Ooops. Should have visited that link first, rather than just assuming this was some sort of functioning, mechanical game . . . . ]

#1744 6 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

I downloaded this and have been listening to it while on the freeway -- it sounds like a very good show. And a good thing I did while it was still available. Someone apparently hasn't been paying their web-hosting bill, as this_ is what's now coming up:
    podcastgarden.com has expired
    Webmaster please contact Hostgator.com
    Not an entirely unfamiliar sight in the course of my web-surfing but definitely a bummer.

Thanks for he download, we have contacted them about the issue as well.

#1745 6 years ago

Getting pinball ready for the Texas Pinball Festival is 1% inspiration and 99% unglamorous speedy meals.

You know, if I could eat the bolts and resistors and other parts, think how much more time it would save!

IMG_4682 (resized).JPGIMG_4682 (resized).JPG

#1746 6 years ago

And think what your doctor would say!

#1747 6 years ago

podcastgarden.com appears to be back up . . .

#1748 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

99% unglamorous speedy meals.

Looks like you puked into your plate, to me.

#1749 6 years ago

Certainly looks like what I clean off the carpet when the dogs dinner comes back up!

But no doubt, it's tasty?

#1750 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Certainly looks like what I clean off the carpet when the dogs dinner comes back up!
    But no doubt, it's tasty?

Quick, healthy, reasonably tasty... it works. Huel is also a good shortcut.

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.