(Topic ID: 179489)

"Nic's North American Pinball Tour" (aka I'm coming to fix your games!)

By NicoVolta

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tiltpic (resized).jpg
    pinballpeople (resized).jpg
    82AEE677-99AB-4A06-88A1-AC46A83934EF (resized).jpeg
    E7F956A9-A133-49D5-837E-2E60D848B928 (resized).jpeg
    BEC68D50-0F81-45CE-8DB4-923B9BB92E4F (resized).jpeg
    0D22BACD-6C20-4EFC-9566-72C275C7A0E9 (resized).jpeg
    KVIL poster (resized).jpg
    CA49040D-6630-4A45-98EC-098A17B1BC1E (resized).jpeg
    5BF19104-DCAB-43FB-8061-580F76A59EEB (resized).jpeg
    7635D833-0BF0-4A15-8D04-D5018215C5CC (resized).jpeg
    B353F092-BEC0-4EEA-9E80-4D958D496017 (resized).jpeg
    D197D070-C43D-4F3B-B4DC-6930AE040CD6 (resized).jpeg
    30AF8562-5B01-48D9-B9E3-07ADE8DFDE9F (resized).jpeg
    519741C7-0D7D-4E9B-B73B-5D622A352BD4 (resized).jpeg
    08E3B205-7BC0-417C-8C93-E12F0EF5F0B2 (resized).jpeg
    EADCF2A6-148F-4FFB-B852-3C9EDC8A5C67 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

93 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 48.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

I think "Avocado Green" is the appropriate description.

i thought so, but wasn't completely sure, and didn't want to post something incorrect.

#102 7 years ago

Mezelmods in Albuquerque needs you

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

While our washer and dryer were Avocado Green,

Our refrigerator was Pink!

#104 7 years ago

Nic,
    pinfest is coming up soon if you decide to come out i can put you up have spare bed room. fly into Philadelphia ill pick you up from the airport.

#105 7 years ago

Allentown Pinfest is on my to-do list! If I can power through the southeast immediately after TPF, I'll make it. Will be an intense schedule but I'm gunning to be there.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

We had the full avocado green kitchen including the wall phone. When I went to remodel my house recently I couldn't believe nobody sells that stuff anymore. You get black, white, or stainless is what they told me.

kitchen (resized).jpgkitchen (resized).jpg

#107 7 years ago

Thats the Brady kitchen

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Is it possible for you to hit all 48 continental states? As someone else mentioned, are you only working with a specific time frame? If not, add Delaware to the list as a place to host you for a night. I don't have any EM's(yet) to go along with my 4 SS machines, but have no problems with you crashing at my place.

Update. I'm heading out tomorrow to pick up my first EM, a Playmatic. I don't want to assume, but are they pretty much the same on the inside like a Gottlieb EM? Do you work on Playmatics? Either way keep me in my mind as I more than likely want to tap into your wealth of knowledge.

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Update. I'm heading out tomorrow to pick up my first EM, a Playmatic. I don't want to assume, but are they pretty much the same on the inside like a Gottlieb EM? Do you work on Playmatics? Either way keep me in my mind as I more than likely want to tap into your wealth of knowledge.

Ugh.

#110 7 years ago

I've never worked on one before, but the fundamentals are more or less consistent across EM tech. Having a schematic is a huge plus.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Thats the Brady kitchen

And I'm sure it helped inspire the avocado green revolution of the 70s.

#112 7 years ago

Ugh? Playmatic's no good? This is my first venture into the EM world, so I don't know a thing.

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Ugh? Playmatic's no good? This is my first venture into the EM world, so I don't know a thing.

Just dont. Hold out for something more mainstream. Bally, Gottlieb, Williams.

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I played hundreds of games at ReplayFX last year and my absolute favorite was a Playmatic EM (a 1975 Fairy). I'd jump at a chance to own one if it ever came available.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I played hundreds of games at ReplayFX last year and my absolute favorite was a Playmatic EM (a 1975 Fairy). I'd jump at a chance to own one if it ever came available.

Yeah, to each their own

#116 7 years ago

PM Sent! Memphis needs you!

#117 7 years ago

The PM's and emails continue to go out. If you haven't received one yet, stay tuned!

This is quickly snowballing into a massive organizational challenge! As far as "possible" stops are concerned, I am now up to...

- -- ---==>>> 76 <<<==--- -- -

WHAO. This is going to be intense.

I should be able to handle four unique stops per week reliably, as most folks will need more than a single 4-hour visit. Heck, a lot of these games haven't been fully serviced in 40 years... in which case 8 hours would barely scratch the surface!

Anyway, assuming no catastrophies along the way, I'll be visiting 16-18 people per month. Which means at current estimates it should be about a four-month journey.

I was thinking of visiting ReplayFX at the conclusion in late July, but after a whirlwind cross-country pinball trip that might be too much of a good thing. I should probably consider something beachy and far away involving lots of margaritas.

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I was thinking of visiting ReplayFX at the conclusion in late July. But that might be too much of a good thing. Should probably consider something beachy and far away involving lots of margaritas.

No pins in Mexico as far as I have seen. At least in Ixtapa & Zihuatanejo......

#119 7 years ago

The Allentown Pinfest (5/6) and the NW Arcade Show (6/9) in Tacoma will have a gravitational effect upon the route. Planning to make both shows.

#120 7 years ago

While your trip is primarily for fixing EMs, i am sure some classic S/S owners
    requiring flipper or pop bumpers rebuilds or drop target replacement
    could use your help as well.
    If you are passing thru Salem on the way to/from Portland or Seattle and need to make
    a pit stop, feel free to drop by.
    If itinerary for NW is around mid AUG,
    we have a total solar eclipse scheduled to pass over Salem.

Good luck and safe travels.

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

The Allentown Pinfest (5/6) and the NW Arcade Show (6/9) in Tacoma will have a gravitational effect upon the route. Planning to make both shows.

PM me when you are at NW show in Tacoma, beers on me @ Harmon's

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

While your trip is primarily for fixing EMs, i am sure some classic S/S owners
    requiring flipper or pop bumpers rebuilds or drop target replacement
    could use your help as well.
    If you are passing thru Salem on the way to/from Portland or Seattle and need to make
    a pit stop, feel free to drop by.
    If itinerary for NW is around mid AUG,
    we have a total solar eclipse scheduled to pass over Salem.
    Good luck and safe travels.

Thanks Tom & holy moley this is the total eclipse year! I'd forgotten about it with so much going on lately. Hmmm... if I attend ReplayFX in late July I'll have to figure out where to stake out the eclipse a few weeks later.

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm

#123 7 years ago

Nico,

I haven't seen a PM from you and just wanted to check if you had plans to come through Delaware or not. Let me know!

#124 7 years ago

Yes indeed! I have you on the "awesome circuit" (no help or fixes needed, but would be fun to visit).

Also have Ryan Claytor and Mike Smith (Wizards Pinball) in NY listed as well... others are forthcoming.

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yes indeed! I have you on the "awesome circuit" (no help or fixes needed, but would be fun to visit).
    Also have Ryan Claytor and Mike Smith (Wizards Pinball) in NY listed as well... others are forthcoming.

Awesome! And who knows, but the time you make it over here my Playmatic might need repairs!

#126 7 years ago

Looks like I found this thread a bit late, but wow this seems like quite the undertaking. I have an Argosy here in Milwaukee, that could use some expert advice. So if you decide to come this way, I'd be happy to be one the stops on this trip!

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

See you in Tacoma.

#128 7 years ago

I don't have any EM's but I have a lot of other things you could look at. Would like your feedback on a lot of projects. I live in Kingsland, Georgia. It is on the coast near Jacksonville, Florida. If you are doing up or down the East coast, I will be right on your path.

Dan

#129 7 years ago

The trip is taking shape! This is an older map (note missing segments) but rest assured I've been CHURNING through consecutive evenings collecting data and planning everything.

trip (resized).jpgtrip (resized).jpg

One thing to consider, EM fans, is that I will likely encounter more than a few games for sale along the route. Will post some of them here just to keep it interesting.

#130 7 years ago

Nic,. Tell us what's for sale and where but Hold those sales details hostage to help fund your trip!

Then provide contact info for the right price.

#131 7 years ago

Nic, what are your initial dates you are thinking for the New Hampshire to Chicago leg, just trying to get an idea.

#132 7 years ago

Would have to be after Allentown (May 5-6) but before Tacoma show (June 9)... obviously on the early side of that span.

1 week later
    #133 7 years ago

If you're stopping by Pinfest come by my gameroom in Union, NJ, it's an hour to an hour and a half away from there, probably closer to an hour. My birthday is on May 4th, maybe I'll have a party while everybody is in the area.

1 week later
    #134 7 years ago

The tour route is coming together right now. I am in the process of calling/contacting everyone to firm up exact dates... stay tuned!

I've had a LOT of requests from people on the east coast. Unfortunately, too many. It won't be possible to get to everyone and make the "anchor points" such as Allentown Pinfest and the NW Pinball and Arcade Show. Time and logistics are imposing a finite limit upon my ambitions, sadly. But if you've responded already I will let you know either way as it shapes up.

I currently have a full day available for Nashville (April 5) and north Alabama (April 6)... pending replies.

12 days before TPF, in the middle of moving and remodeling, and about to launch a cross-country tour two days afterward. I must be nuts! But hey, nothing worth doing on this scale is easy.

#135 7 years ago

Sent you a pm. We are about 30 minutes east of Knoxville. If you need a place to land you can crash in the guestroom.

#136 7 years ago

Famed artist (and fellow pinballer) Ryan Claytor has just opened a pre-order for tour tees! This is a limited run and won't be available once the tour begins on March 27th.

I'm in the process of contacting everyone right now & will let you know if I'll be passing through. Be sure to grab one before the preorder ends!

http://www.elephanteater.com/12440/nics-north-american-pinball-tour

pinball tour signs (resized).jpgpinball tour signs (resized).jpg

#137 7 years ago

cool shirt.

You coming to visit me in Madison?

#138 7 years ago

Yes very likely indeed. Am sending out notifications all day today and tomorrow.

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Famed artist (and fellow pinballer) Ryan Claytor has just opened a pre-order for tour tees!

Happy to be a small part of your ambitious tour, Nic! You'll be doin' great work these coming few months. Lookin' forward to seeing you again in Michigan.

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You coming to visit me in Madison?

Now a pre-order is a requirement. P.S. Hi, Hilton!

#141 7 years ago

Don't know if this was mentioned but you could make a bit more cash if people need games shipped to destinations you are going to.

#142 7 years ago

Yes I was thinking of offering that, but my schedule is super tight and I need rest days in between. Don't want to incur any more risk than necessary in transport and of course it takes time to load/unload/set up/etc. It's all good.

#143 7 years ago

Please note: The Pinball Tour is moving to this Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pinballtour

Apparently there is a difference between a Facebook "group" and a "page"... and the page offers many more options and is viewable to the public. Sooooo... please like and follow the link to see the photos & videos & continue the adventure!

(of course, I'll be posting updates here as well)

https://www.facebook.com/pinballtour

#144 7 years ago

Just joined.

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Famed artist (and fellow pinballer) Ryan Claytor has just opened a pre-order for tour tees! This is a limited run and won't be available once the tour begins on March 27th.
    I'm in the process of contacting everyone right now & will let you know if I'll be passing through. Be sure to grab one before the preorder ends!
    http://www.elephanteater.com/12440/nics-north-american-pinball-tour

Put my order in for one.

#146 7 years ago

Hey hey you may have one before I do! Use Ryan's link to access the shopping cart/ordering process: http://www.elephanteater.com/12440/nics-north-american-pinball-tour

#147 7 years ago

I have put my order in.

#148 7 years ago

Send me a PM if you end up in MN, I will hopefully have a few machines that could use some love from someone who actually knows what they are doing.

#149 7 years ago

I'll have an updated tour map posted soon. I think you'll be pleased with the route!

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'll have an updated tour map posted soon.

I thought this was offical:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Actually, I've taken a look at the really-for-real schedule and it is complete insanity. I speak as someone who has toured (for my books) before, and Nic is proposing a monumental undertaking. If the above image was accurate, it would have been ALL STARS.

...none of us want that.

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.