Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tomass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Yesterday, low and behold, Absocountry2 rolled into my driveway along with 3 friends, ALL THE WAY FROM ALASKA!!!

They had come to see the Corvette Museum here in Bowling Green, KY, and since I only live about 5 minutes away from there, he contacted me to see if I would be open to them coming for a brief visit. SURE THING!!!

It was great to meet the face behind the name. They stayed a couple of hours and toured my place and played some pins.
    It was a great surprise and we had a nice time. I greatly appreciated that they took the time to look me up while here in the Lower 48.

This is one of the great joys of Pinside!!!
    Mike in Kentucky

#2 7 years ago

I was glad to meet you. It is always better to get to me a person face to face. We are all here for the same reason and got to enjoy the time a friend's we have.

I enjoyed the hospitality and hope to be able to meet again one day.

#4 7 years ago

Good to see you on Pinside absocountry!

#5 7 years ago

Same ole same ole, Dan! Just getting fatter! I think I have now had more people from Alaska to visit here to see my pins than all the rest of the states combined! Who woulda thunk it?!!!

Believe it or not, I have learned SO many things about repairing pins since you were here. You helped me do things that today I would be ashamed to ask you to do!!!

Hope the family is doing fine. I bet that boy has really grown! We've got 4 grandchildren and 'holding'.

Take care,
    Mike

3 years later
    #6 4 years ago

I never responded in here. It was pretty neat visiting. Really cool place down there.

Sorry to kick up an old thread, wanted to say hi to you guys.

#7 4 years ago

Another pinsider from Wasilla? Hello there!

#8 4 years ago

Mike isn't on Pinside much anymore, but I emailed him saying you responded.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Mike isn't on Pinside much anymore, but I emailed him saying you responded.

Thanks! Always nice to some local pinball people. I really don't know any at all. Looks like he has quite a collection. I like working on games too if he needs any assistance.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Sorry to kick up an old thread, wanted to say hi to you guys.

Hey, don't be sorry. I'm glad to see you are still alive and kicking!!! I still remember the fun we had from your visit. I haven't been on Pinside much lately because I've been busy building a new front porch onto our house and this week I'm pouring a concrete sidewalk leading up to it. Doing it all by hand! Ugh!

Good to hear from you.
    Mike in Kentucky

#11 4 years ago

Haha! I figured Mike was the one in Wasilla. Sorry guys, I will see myself out now. Didn't mean to interrupt your thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-visit-from-absocountry2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.