(Topic ID: 26100)

Nice try Dr. Jones!

By Goonie

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Well, I finally did it! After recently contemplating selling my WMS IJ, 'cause I suck at it, I have been at it trying to master the game. With some focus, last night I FINALLY completed all the modes on one 3-ball game (w extra ball awards). IJ and I have had a love-hate relationship...it has always loved to make me hate it. But this time, I nailed the sucker! All the way to the wizard mode...though I did come up short on nailing all the wizard shots before the mode ended and restarted the mission. However, a personal best for me with a 1.29Bn score.

Given how difficult I found this, has anyone else out there managed to complete all the modes in one game? I've polled a few of my pin friends, and most have said no. I'll be curious to see if I can ever do it again. What say you?

#2 11 years ago

never did complete it . had to look on you tube to see what happens.

#3 11 years ago

I have completed all the modes and completed eternal life, but it was a number of years ago...

#4 11 years ago

Played 100's of times, but only achieved Wizard Mode twice. Funny it was in the same day too (must've been doing something right).

Best feeling in the world when you get there! The games kinda pauses, you hear some fantastic call outs, machine plays the classic Indy theme, machine starts blinking and BOOM! The balls start coming out if nowhere.

It's over so quick - but that's the fun of it!

Next time I get there - I'm going to shoot for the PoA switches first. I never seem to get them in time.

One day I'll hear the epic BIILLLIIIOOONNN callout.

One day.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I have completed all the modes and completed eternal life, but it was a number of years ago...

Holy cow you have an impressive pin collection!!

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Next time I get there - I'm going to shoot for the PoA switches first. I never seem to get them in time.
    One day I'll hear the epic BIILLLIIIOOONNN callout.
    One day.

Hmmm, I didn't even have a chance to realize the POA switches were part of it. Every time i looked up to see where I needed to go, I lost another ball. It was indeed over quick. I had never even seen the mode before, so didn't know what to expect.

#7 11 years ago

Congrats, Goonie! Now if you ever comtemplate getting rid of it, I'm just down the street.

#8 11 years ago

I have made the wizard mode 3 times on 3 ball with factory extra balls setting. On one i got down to 2 shots on the POA. I have not gotten there in the last 150 games though. It is a rush to make it .

#9 11 years ago

I've had my IJ for 3 or 4 years. I've gotten to the wizard mode a couple times in 3 ball with an extra ball awarded for replay. I managed to hit every shot and get the awesome "ONE BILLION" award once out of those 2 times.

If I had purely factory settings with a replay award instead of an extra ball, those 2 trips to the wizard mode probably weren't happening!

I really love my IJ. What a great execution of the IJ theme, and if you can rock those loops and ramps consecutively, it offers good flow despite having the center of the playfield blocked by the drops and lock hole area. Getting the ball to whip around the widebody loop a few times in a row feels awesome!

Jeff R.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Given how difficult I found this, has anyone else out there managed to complete all the modes in one game?

Not even close here. I don't think that I've ever seen someone do this while I was watching either. Impressive Goonie!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-try-dr-jones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.