(Topic ID: 252122)

Poll: Nice surprise for phone tech advice,passing on where to?

By pinballplusMN

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“ Poll: Nice surprise for phone tech advice,passing on where to?”

• Dan Spolar/ charity pinball 12 votes
      52%
    • Tim Arnold Pinball Hall of Fame 3 votes
      13%
    • Bryan Kelly JDRFoundation 8 votes
      35%

(23 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190924_153258 (resized).jpg
    20190924_153244 (resized).jpg
    20190924_153233 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballplusMN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Often I get calls from non customers that want me to help them repair their game over the phone. If I dont know their skillset or whats been done to the game It can be very time consuming. I once had a guy blame me for his burnt flipper coil on his High Speed as I helped him adjust his eos over the phone. These calls average 4 or more a week from non customers of mine ,some are actually out of state. Its just tough to find the time as Im older now and its time is more valuable. Non customers sometimes get upset if I cant help them.
    I do however help past clients with their games if they have an issue even if they buy a game elsewhere as I have a loyalty to customers who have given me past business. All of my customers are usually familiar with opening a pinball machine and making small adjustments because I usually show them at my studio or home call.
    It was a neat surprise to get a whopping 250.00 in the mail the other day for helping a client. Surely didnt expect that. The client just had a few adjustments that were easy over the phone.

Pinball has been very good to me over the years.In the joys of passing it on I have decided to let pinside dictate where these funds go. Ive picked 3 charities that I feel could benefit.
    Poll is attached. Ends on friday midnight.
    20190924_153233 (resized).jpg20190924_153233 (resized).jpg20190924_153244 (resized).jpg20190924_153244 (resized).jpg20190924_153258 (resized).jpg20190924_153258 (resized).jpg

#5 4 years ago

Customer name is Joel. He is bringing an original Elvira for restoration.

#8 4 years ago

Almost done. Get the votes in.

#10 4 years ago

Voting is already closed.Money to pinballcharity.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Voting is already closed.Money to pinballcharity.

Dan Spolar

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballplusMN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-surprise-for-phone-tech-advicepassing-on-where-to?tu=pinballplusMN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.