Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Cycloneman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

A really nice Solar fire came on Ebay and it was 1200 or OBO.Hard to find game anyone here get it?

#2 8 years ago

Not me ...damnit.

#3 8 years ago

Man,I knew I should have purchased it right when i saw it,It was very good condition
1200 was a good price

#4 8 years ago

It appears to be the same one that was linked here on pinside in the SS for sale thread about 2 days ago (Still shows up on the Craigslist ad). Just shows the power of Ebay compared to CL.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

It appears to be the same one that was linked here on pinside in the SS for sale thread about 2 days ago (Still shows up on the Craigslist ad). Just shows the power of Ebay compared to CL.

Much wider audience

#6 8 years ago

Actually, I just reread the Ebay listing. It was eneded early, not sold. So I guess the seller took an outside offer. So, maybe there is something to this new Craigslist thing?

#7 8 years ago

i think the backglass was junk, looked touched up. Playfield looked above average for a Solar Fire.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

i think the backglass was junk, looked touched up. Playfield looked above average for a Solar Fire.

Yeah but you don't see a solar everyday And he had it at best offer so the buyer might have gotten it cheaper.
Man,I hate myself...LOL!!!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Actually, I just reread the Ebay listing. It was eneded early, not sold. So I guess the seller took an outside offer. So, maybe there is something to this new Craigslist thing?

Oh I see he must have had someone really close by to purchase

#10 8 years ago

#11 8 years ago

LOL!!!! Trust me i felt like doing that in real life...haha

#12 8 years ago

I have a Solar Fire for 1200 in central WI. Back glass is a mess on backside. Not as much play field wear as most SF I have seen.

#13 8 years ago

i think the backglass was junk, looked touched up.

Repro BG of Solar Fire is available from CPR

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have a Solar Fire for 1200 in central WI. Back glass is a mess on backside. Not as much play field wear as most SF I have seen.

Solar fire is a players game and it's fun to play all the williams games made at that time were fun joust,Robotron,Defender,etc. cool sounds are in Solar fire....Are you selling yours Rusty?

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

That's a good idea.

#16 8 years ago

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/Ruscincam/library/Solar%20Fire

Here are pics of mine. Already have interest if I deliver to Expo. Not sure if I have room yet. Anyone interested in making the drive to WI?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/Ruscincam/library/Solar%20Fire
Here are pics of mine. Already have interest if I deliver to Expo. Not sure if I have room yet. Anyone interested in making the drive to WI?

I'm looking to buy a solar fire let me see how far that drive to Wi would be

#18 8 years ago

looks great!

#19 8 years ago

Oh Yes!! Bring back great memories Its a players game and thats a fact thats why you won't find in
Collector quailty but so what i like a players game

#20 8 years ago

I have always loved the BattleStar Galactica knock off ships in this pin. I also never realized how similar it is to Black Knight.....like a slightly tweaked variant (even though Ousler was credited as the designer.)

#21 8 years ago

Solar fire,Sorcerer,swords of fury,black hole...There's more indeed but these are games that should not be passed up if the price is right
and they are not beat to death.

#22 8 years ago

If anyone knows of a Solar Fire for sale please let me know.I contacted RustyLizard just waiting for a response.
Thanks,Pete

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

I contacted RustyLizard just waiting for a response.
Thanks,Pete

Man you can't even take a crap around here or miss out on the deals.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Man you can't even take a crap around here or miss out on the deals.

Tell me about it! Last week someone sold a Black Hole for $1200 in the market place in just two hours. It was in La Mirada Ca. I was in La Mirada when it went up!

#25 8 years ago

Looking for a Solar Fire also. Anyone else have one let me know. "For reasonable price." I already have Black Knight, Jungle Lord and Pharaoh. Just need the Solar Fire to complete the collection.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

Solar fire,Sorcerer,Swords of Fury,black hole...There's more indeed but these are games that should not be passed up if the price is right
and they are not beat to death.

How can I forget....GRAND LIZARD!!!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

How can I forget....Grand Lizard!!!

Sold a Grand Lizard years ago. Very good playing game. regret selling. I know most people don't like the older Williams games that much but personally I love them. What can I say, I like games that play good and don't cost a fortune. The only QC game I have is my HUO LOTR. To the OP, If you get the Solar Fire, congratulations. If you don't get it let me know.
Don't forget Blackout. Very fun players game also.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Sold a Grand Lizard years ago. Very good playing game. regret selling. I know most people don't like the older Williams games that much but personally I love them. What can I say, I like games that play good and don't cost a fortune. The only QC game I have is my HUO LOTR. To the OP, If you get the Solar Fire, congratulations. If you don't get it let me know.
Don't forget Blackout. Very fun players game also.

I love the 80's-85's williams pins they are fun to play,i will let you know if i dont get it.I'm waiting for him to answer back

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Yes, I am aware. I had offered $600 and it was declined. I figured after shipping, etc, that was the ballpark I needed to be in. Then a backglass, plus whatever else, it becomes a bit of $$$.

True, they're not found everyday, but they can be found. There was one on there that wasn't as nice a few months back for $700 in PA, that went unsold, so....

Great game none the less.

I actually had the 4 upper playfield games last year, it was very cool to have them all, I like all there gameplay. Something I would consider again. I think most have said they prefer Grand Lizard over Solar Fire, but not me. Solar Fire was just great for what it was, crazy art package and solid gameplay, plus rare= win win.

P.s, Jungle Lord is such a good little game too! (and not rare)

#30 8 years ago

Sale pending. If it falls through I will contact you in the order the PM's came in. Thanks for all the quick responses.

#31 8 years ago

There was one on there that wasn't as nice a few months back for $700 in PA, that went unsold, so....

It was left out on his porch for several years and was moisture damaged. Would have needed new cab.

#32 8 years ago

Down payment received. Game is sold.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It was left out on his porch for several years and was moisture damaged. Would have needed new cab.

Is that so?
I thought it was there for the pictures, what a shame...

#34 8 years ago

Another Solar fire just came on pinside marketplace it's really nice but darn man
2500 obo and as always a million miles away...Hehe!!! GLWTS I will have one one of
these days even if i pay a little extra

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Game was sold arcademojo....

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

Another Solar fire just came on pinside marketplace it's really nice but darn man
2500 obo and as always a million miles away...Hehe!!! GLWTS I will have one one of
these days even if i pay a little extra

I just couldn't stomach the price, especially with the wear in front of the slings.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just couldn't stomach the price, especially with the wear in front of the slings.

Yeah I know but the first was 1200 or obo now that is a steal and i would say it was 7.5

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 4,600.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Tools
Pincoder Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-solar-fire-sold-really-quick-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.