• 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DerGoetz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2ABD295D-29CE-4E92-BC9E-0B090C3058D2.gif
#1 5 years ago

Crazy how the limited edition Iron Maiden at MSRP $8999 , but people are selling them at minimum $1k over

I think it’s a great looking game and it’s unfortunate the higher prices

#2 5 years ago

There's one in the pinside ad below your message for 13,500 OBO......

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Supply & demand...

Dumb & dumber

#5 5 years ago

If you're someone who is obsessed with having LE items, or has to have the shiniest new toy ASAP, then go pay market price & dent your bank account. To each their own.

If IMDN is worth buying when the code is complete & the game is finalized, then pick up a premium later. They'll be making these for years. No rush whatsoever.

Hell I'm just getting around to seriously considering buying a discounted TWD or SMVE now, in great condition & low plays, from someone looking to sell & fund their newest purchase. That's how you do it IMO. It's a great feeling (and helps the wallet) when you have patience & avoid the hype.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Dumb & dumber

Sounds more like Jealous & Jealouser.

If someone has the cash and is willing to pay a premium for something, why all the hate? You guys are a broken record.

#7 5 years ago

There's a deal on one for 11,900 (firm)......

#8 5 years ago

They can list it for what ever they want, if it sells is another matter.

#9 5 years ago

OP, look up the definition of price gouging. You know not of which you speak.

#10 5 years ago

It's nice if you are doing the gouging.

It's not nice if you are being gouged.

If you can afford an IM LE at ANY price - face or scalped - you really have nothing to be complaining about and no actual financial problems in life and should be ashamed for even bringing it up.

#11 5 years ago

Its unfortunate so many are flipping the le but if someone is willing to buy than y not? The premium is just as good and is much cheaper... heck the pro is just fine and is half the price in some cases . So if people wanna spend extra to have that le then thats on them. Same thing happened on many le pins at release and now look what you can get them for. Patience is key in this hobby but alot of folks have more money than that lol.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its unfortunate so many are flipping the le but if someone is willing to buy than y not? The premium is just as good and is much cheaper... heck the pro is just fine and is half the price in some cases . So if people wanna spend extra to have that le then thats on them. Same thing happened on many le pins at release and now look what you can get them for. Patience is key in this hobby but alot of folks have more money than that lol.

Has the Premium been shown?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Has the Premium been shown?

2ABD295D-29CE-4E92-BC9E-0B090C3058D2.gif2ABD295D-29CE-4E92-BC9E-0B090C3058D2.gif

#14 5 years ago

All I have seen were glowing reviews for Iron Maiden. If you don't want the price to skyrocket keep your mouth shut.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Crazy how the limited edition Iron Maiden at MSRP $8999 , but people are selling them at minimum $1k over
I think it’s a great looking game and it’s unfortunate the higher prices

Yawn. I guess you should have bought one sooner rather than start a bitchfest over missed opportunities.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you can afford an IM LE at ANY price - face or scalped - you really have nothing to be complaining about and no actual financial problems in life and should be ashamed for even bringing it up.

This week goes down as the week where Levi keeps surprising me in a positive way.

What he said the past week or so here on Pinside and how he seemed to be the only mature guy during that shitstorm last weekend.
Cheers to you, unknown friend.

#17 5 years ago

If you bought it and want to sell it for a profit, go for it. Its not your money being tied up. I bet you complainers would not sell your games for half of what you paid for them.....

#18 5 years ago

Price gouging to me would be jacking up prices on things like orphan drugs, gasoline or hurricane roof repairs, you know necessities. This isn’t distributors charging these higher prices, it is flippers. I would never buy a NIB from anyone but an authorized distributor. How do you know that NIB didn’t bounce off the truck? Who wants to deal with that issue of figuring out if damage came during first or second delivery? But if people want to pay up to have it sooner, so what? I do think it is strange that others are so upset - it doesn’t affect your life except if you are jealous.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That reasoning is so stupid it's ridiculous.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

This week goes down as the week where Levi keeps surprising me in a positive way.
What he said the past week or so here on Pinside and how he seemed to be the only mature guy during that shitstorm last weekend.
Cheers to you, unknown friend.

DOn't worry I'll go back to pissing you off next week!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DOn't worry I'll go back to pissing you off next week!

I am going to apply lube this second

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-price-gouging?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.