Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by crwjumper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5798 (resized).JPG
IMG_5795 (resized).JPG
IMG_5794 (resized).JPG
sj (resized).jpg
20170303_194255_resized (resized).jpg
20170303_194213_resized (resized).jpg
20170129_235251 (resized).jpg
20170112_194304 (resized).jpg
20170112_194309 (resized).jpg
20170129_235238 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Boilerman just shopped my SJ and I opted for a Shay repro BG (although he said my original BG was the nicest he's ever seen and voted I stick with it haha - sorry Dave!)

Anyhow, I have no idea what to sell it for - anyone have an idea of value?

#2 2 years ago

Mine is pretty nice too but has a little flaking in the title, may be interested. But probably above my budget! Hope you get a good sale with it. Sky Jump is a great game.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Boilerman just shopped my SJ and I opted for a Shay repro BG (although he said my original BG was the nicest he's ever seen and voted I stick with it haha - sorry Dave!)
Anyhow, I have no idea what to sell it for - anyone have an idea of value?

If you're in no hurry to sell it, I would price it in the same ballpark as Shay's repro. If it's truly exceptional, it will appeal to purist collectors. Maybe $250, depending on how nice it is.

#4 2 years ago

Cliff you want me to post a pic of front and back? I do believe I snapped a few.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Cliff you want me to post a pic of front and back? I do believe I snapped a few.

Sure Dave - thanks!

#6 2 years ago

i could not find the ones i took when i had the glass removed. but these should show there was just a few tiny pin spots. unlike th average gllass the had hunks of paint missing in the name and guys head not to metion other places.
cliff also had to add a few of the pf. it shined up like glass

20170129_235238 (resized).jpg

20170112_194309 (resized).jpg

20170112_194304 (resized).jpg

20170129_235251 (resized).jpg

#7 2 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics Dave. Leckmeck you bring up a good point - appreciate the input. Now that I'm going to list it - I'll move this to the marketplace - thanks again.

#8 2 years ago

A glass that is already starting to flake in multiple places, pinholes or not greatly lowers the value unless you're talking about a one of a kind glass that isn't being reproduced anywhere. I would peg yours in the 100-125 range, but as always, the market will dictate the value.
But enough about the backglass, I want to know what was done to the playfield to get that shine. Looks great!

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

A glass that is already starting to flake in multiple places, pinholes or not greatly lowers the value unless you're talking about a one of a kind glass that isn't being reproduced anywhere. I would peg yours in the 100-125 range, but as always, the market will dictate the value.
But enough about the backglass, I want to know what was done to the playfield to get that shine. Looks great!

There's no flaking - look at the front of the glass to confirm. The white spot on the left dark area of his helmet is just a reflection. And those larger dark areas you see on the backside are just residue from pieces of foam tape the previous owner had on there. There are def several pinholes though.

20170303_194213_resized (resized).jpg

20170303_194255_resized (resized).jpg

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

I would peg yours in the 100-125 range, but as always, the market will dictate the value.

Yep

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

There's no flaking

There is definitely flaking on that backglass, albeit it is minor:

sj (resized).jpg
You can also see it in the lettering and other places.

And the foam strips were installed at the factory.

Like I said--flaking is minor (but not non-existent), and you still have a nice looking backglass--one of the nicer ones that I have seen.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

a nice looking backglass--one of the nicer ones that I have seen

that is what i said. i never said mint. i would challenge anyone with this title to show me one as nice. every sky jump i have seen has hunks of pain missing. if i want a SJ BG and i want a "original" this would a good fit. i would go 175 without question

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i would go 175 without question

This falls under, "Wish I was Closer".

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

This falls under, "Wish I was Closer".

Yeah I'd LOVE a nicer BG for my SkyJump but wouldn't ship glass...

Hyped to see a few are out there still.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

i have shipped many bg without issue. but i do use shay's or rons bg box/packing

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Glass shipping long distance is usually OK as long as it is packaged right. But for OCD me, it is the thought of the item travelling through below freezing temperatures, then back inside to a warm sorting plant, then back outside again.

#17 2 years ago

100 -125

#18 2 years ago

There is definitely flaking on that backglass, albeit it is minor

Ok, well I thought of flaking as larger irregular areas - no biggie either way given there is full disclosure via the pics

2 weeks later
#19 2 years ago

150-175, original is always original . Even some repros are not 10.00 / 10

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Glass shipping long distance is usually OK as long as it is packaged right. But for OCD me, it is the thought of the item travelling through below freezing temperatures, then back inside to a warm sorting plant, then back outside again.

Does this cause flaking? I know the paint will flake from the BG lights if you turn it on in a cold room.

Bruce

#21 2 years ago

I have a mint orginal one in my game

#22 2 years ago

I have a newly painted ( March 2017) cabinet if anyone is interested.... comes with a project game and planked playfield!

IMG_5794 (resized).JPG

IMG_5795 (resized).JPG

IMG_5798 (resized).JPG

#23 2 years ago

That cabinet looks nice . I have one of the nicest original cabinets I've ever seen. (Was on Free play in Allentown 2014) However the Factory paint for Skyjump and Free Fall is spatter not webbing . That's just my observation.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

That cabinet looks nice . I have one of the nicest original cabinets I've ever seen. (Was on Free play in Allentown 2014) However the Factory paint for Skyjump and Free Fall is spatter not webbing . That's just my observation.

Could of sworn my original SJ has webbing... Maybe not though. It obviously is in the "spatter time period" of Gottlieb games.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

i believe sky jump had webbing and free fall had splatter. it was the transition game. and the webbing on sky jump was pretty heavy. and that repaint looks to be spot on webbing wise.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i believe sky jump had webbing and free fall had splatter. it was the transition game. and the webbing on sky jump was pretty heavy. and that repaint looks to be spot on webbing wise.

This is correct. I've had multiple Sky Jumps, all had webbing.Freefall had spatter.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

This is correct. I've had multiple Sky Jumps, all had webbing.Freefall had spatter.

I stand corrected. That's a bonus for me because my near perfect Free Fall cabinet just got harder to find

1 week later
#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I have a newly painted ( March 2017) cabinet if anyone is interested.... comes with a project game and planked playfield!

How much?

#29 2 years ago

Game has been sold. It's now sitting in my garage.

1 week later
#30 2 years ago

Please let me know if the sale falls through.
Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tabor, NJ
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
Project Pinball Charity
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside