(Topic ID: 107303)

Nice Fuses

By urbanledge

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Was looking on ebay for fuses and seen these.
    Might upgrade all my games it keep the "fuel" flowing clean.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMR-Audiophile-Gold-Hi-Fi-Fuse-32mm-x-6-3mm-3-15A-T-/231261018044?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item35d83b17bc

The electrical mains power supply is the “fuel” that feeds every audio or visual system. If this “fuel” is degraded along the way, it will not perform to the very best of its ability. One of, if not the weakest link in the audio/visual chain is the fuse. Without doubt, it will degrade the electricity as it passes through.

#2 9 years ago

lol

There's a lot of this snake-oil type of stuff in the AV world for some reason.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

lol
    There's a lot of this snake-oil type of stuff in the AV world for some reason.

True, but when your setup costs more than a new car buying expensive fuses is a drop in the bucket.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

True, but when your setup costs more than a new car buying expensive fuses is a drop in the bucket.

Ken Kessler: Check it out, my man! This is the Dominator X-10. Thirty inches of thigh-slapping, blood-pumping, nuclear brain damage!

Heavy Metal Kid: Bitchin'! Hey, what's it fucking cost?

Ken Kessler: That's the bitchin' part about it! It don't matter! If you can't afford it, FUCKING FINANCE IT!

[turns it on]

Ken Kessler: So what if it's as big as a Subaru and costs as much? You'll never have to trade this in! This is gonna be with you for the rest of your life! And when you die, they can BURY you in it!

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

You don't need expensive fuses--that's the point. A fuse is a fuse.

All you are buying is bling and bragging rights for something you'll never actually see once it's installed anyway.

A fancy look, mention of gold, and a explanation that seems plausible on the surface (but actually isn't) is all it takes to suck folks in who don't know any better.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You don't need expensive fuses--that's the point. A fuse is a fuse.
    All you are buying is bling and bragging rights for something you'll never actually see once it's installed anyway.
    A fancy look, mention of gold, and a explanation that seems plausible on the surface (but actually isn't) is all it takes to suck folks in who don't know any better.

I know. Once you open up an amp you quickly see that the connections are not that fancy at all. When I had my Jolida SJ202a tube amp I ran white lightning moonshine speaker cables, aka a cut up extension cord from walmart. At some point I'd like to get a pair of McIntosh MC-30 monoblocks and will probably build another set of those cables.

#7 9 years ago

this is just a scam,
    no other word for it!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-fuses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.