You

Linked Games

#2 9 years ago

Great price glwts

#3 9 years ago

Decent buy for one of my favorites!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

i clear coated over all of the un-mylared areas.

How did you go about doing that?

#5 9 years ago

I use a good two part self leveling automotive clearcoat and brush it on. I also do a light sanding and buffing when it's done. It comes out very nice

#6 9 years ago

So let me understand this: there is mylar, but in the spots that there isn't any, you clear coated?

What happens if someone pulls that bubbling mylar now? Won't there be unequal surfaces? Wouldn't the ball hop around a lot?

#7 9 years ago

The clearcoat is thinner than the Mylar. The "bump" left over would be less than the thickness of Mylar so you won't have any more ball hopping than any game that has Mylar.

#8 9 years ago

yea, still not getting it.. clear coated OVER the Mylar or you painted/clearloated around it? Dont see why you would not just have the Mylar removed first.

EDIT: See you replied just before i did. I guess you masked the Mylar off? Gotta say, this is the first i have ever seen that method used.

#9 9 years ago

It protects the unmylared playfield areas from wear, that's pretty much it. It's a very thin durable clear finish, much thinner than Mylar. If you are interested in my machine feel free to give me a call and I can easily answer all of your questions.

#10 9 years ago

And just to be clear, there isn't really bubbling of the Mylar. There is just some separation of the paint at a few inserts underneath the Mylar. All the graphics are still intact but if the Mylar were to be removed the insert graphics may come with it which is part of the reason I didn't remove the Mylar. It is very minor. I loaned this machine for play in the New England pinball league and I got quite a few comments about how nice it is from local collectors.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

And just to be clear, there isn't really bubbling of the Mylar. There is just some separation of the paint at a few inserts underneath the Mylar. All the graphics are still intact but if the Mylar were to be removed the insert graphics may come with it which is part of the reason I didn't remove the Mylar. It is very minor. I loaned this machine for play in the New England pinball league and I got quite a few comments about how nice it is from local collectors.

Thanks for the clarity. I have a FH that I am restoring with a playfield in similar shape and was just interested in the method and reasoning behind it.

The way i look at it is so long as pics are given to show how it looks and it looks and plays fine then it is what it is. If your looking for collector quality a full restoration is easy to do with parts available and obviously a fully restored game is much higher price than this..

GLWTS!

#12 9 years ago

Awesome price. This won't last long.

#13 9 years ago

Bump for a very nice machine. I played this machine in tournament and it plays great. Tom is a great guy as well, buy with confidence.

#14 9 years ago

Tom is an AWESOME pin brothah. Knows what he's talking about and doing. If he says it's nice, you can bank on it. Deal with confidence.

Game looks beautiful T. Bump and GLWTS.

#15 9 years ago

Weekend is here bump!

#16 9 years ago

Thanks guys!

#17 9 years ago

Great pics T. Very nice looking example bro and GLWTS.

#18 9 years ago

Bump, still for sale/trade.

#19 9 years ago

Clean circuit boards.

#20 9 years ago

Looks great - wish I was closer! GLWTS.

#21 9 years ago

How about a couple of old school games-embryon and gorgar (2 for 1)

#22 9 years ago

Sorry but I'm not really looking for a 2 for 1. I am limited on space. Thanks for the offer.

-Tom

#23 9 years ago

Price dropped

#24 9 years ago

I wish I had a way to get it to Maine!

#25 9 years ago

Ct to Maine is nothing! I can give you a private shippers number

#26 9 years ago

This game was under my roof for several weeks earlier this year and got MANY compliments on the touch up color matching and the clear.
Game looked and played great... we miss it

Hope it winds up in good hands

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-funhouse-ftfs-in-ct-3350 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.