(Topic ID: 81650)

Nice! Finally found that secret skill shot in Star Trek!

By Eskaybee

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by caker137
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I think it was in the Steve Ritchie interview in pinball news where he mentioned 4 skill shots. The warp skill shot, the super warp skill shot and the regular super skill shot. I was baffled onThe fourth and just figured it hadn't been coded. But found it tonight! During play, as long as mission start is not lit and you hit the away team shot, hold the left flipper down and it'll auto plunge to the left flipper and a super skill shot will be lit. I believe you can keep going for this shot (risky), but it's very cool coding. Well done Steve, Tanio, and co.

#2 10 years ago

So you can hit it any time, not just off the plunge? Unusual for a skill shot, no? Nice find!

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.
I think it was in the Steve Ritchie interview in pinball news where he mentioned 4 skill shots. The warp skill shot, the super warp skill shot and the regular super skill shot. I was baffled onThe fourth and just figured it hadn't been coded. But found it tonight! During play, as long as mission start is not lit and you hit the away team shot, hold the left flipper down and it'll auto plunge to the left flipper and a super skill shot will be lit. I believe you can keep going for this shot (risky), but it's very cool coding. Well done Steve, Tanio, and co.

Interesting thanks for postin I'll have to give it a try.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So you can hit it any time, not just off the plunge? Unusual for a skill shot, no? Nice find!

Yep! Only restriction I found so far is when mission start is lit, maybe mb too?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Did you get your prem aurich?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you get your prem aurich?

Not yet, it's on it's way from Chicago, if the estimate holds I'll have it this Wed. Of course Helen and Shadow prints come on Thursday, so I'll be too busy to give it any serious playtime for a few days at least.

Once I get a chance to spend some time with it not distracted by Greg and Kelly I'll be able to participate in the rules conversation better.

#7 10 years ago

This sounds like something I discovered regarding multiple skill shots. Did you know you can collect both super skill shots on the same ball? Shoot for one on the initial launch. If you collect it, the next time you are in the shooter lane, hold down the flipper for the other one. If it auto launches or if you have to punch it doesn't matter, the second skill shot will be available. I've noticed that sometimes the super warp skill shot does not light but it will still award if you hit it.

Variations:
If you miss your first super skill shot, you can try for that same one again the next time you are in the shooter lane.

If you make your skill shot, I believe that skill shot is locked out for the remainder of the ball.

Sometimes this just doesn't work (the gates just don't open), but more often than not there can be multiple skill shots per ball. I haven't determined the pattern that makes it not work sometimes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-finally-found-that-secret-skill-shot-in-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.