10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0131.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

This is my favorite game at the moment, as of right now, and has been since the last code update. In my view XMen is the most under rated Stern game ever released.

XMen is the total package; amazing artwork, awesome mirrored backglass, great light show, fabulous music, custom dots, tons of call outs, good humor, deep ruleset, a GIANT TON of different modes and things to do . . . and the freaking theme is XMen (the best of all the super hero themes); there is nothing not to like on this game.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

See, I think just the opposite. It sat there in my den and I wanted to love it so much. The code wasn't that great I agree but the real reason the game isn't picking up steam is the fact it's way too crowded. You can't set up shots, Wolverine covers the entire left side of the playfield, and the game is all lane shots.
There just isn't much variety to be found when all you are doing is shooting for lanes. Lanes meaning: lanes or ramps. X-Men has been out plenty long enough that people have had a chance to play it.
Here's why it's not going up in value: It's NOT fun.

I respectfully disagree; I think the shot layout on this game is awesome. The shots are slightly tighter than what I normally like on machines but not near as tight as Avengers (you can get some real flow going on X-Men and string up some combo shots).

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm glad people have differing opinions. The site would be boring without it. I'm strictly speaking of this in terms of perceived market value. The majority don't seem to like the game and I think there has been plenty of time to evaluate it.
That being said, I would never sell a game I liked or not buy a game I liked based on perceived value.
I'm learning.

Totally agree with you on all points. Good post.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-xmen-magneto-and-huo-hulk-for-sale-or-trade-for-acdc-premium?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.