11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0131.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eggbert52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

It's a steep drop in price once that box gets opened..It may pay to wait until new code or the game gets hot again..

Didn't they just say it was going to increase in value after the latest code? That was over 2 months ago and if anything it's just stabilized.

At this point, you either like the game or you don't. I don't think Merlin is going to come down and make such a spectacular code that all of a sudden makes the game goes to $7K.

Sell it for $5,500 and move on.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I think the early code just killed it - people got a very bad opinion early on .. it's going to take more than a great code update - it's just going to take time and people coming back to play it and realizing it really is a nice game with great shots, excellent magnet use, good callouts and overall gameplay. If they get combos and wizard modes right with the next update(s), it will be truly great. Right now I consider it "very good" with the latest updates. Would have rated it "poor" when it was released. I got an AFM and X-Men at around the same time a few weeks ago, and X-Men gets more play both by myself and by the family right now, and AFM was my grail pin.

See, I think just the opposite. It sat there in my den and I wanted to love it so much. The code wasn't that great I agree but the real reason the game isn't picking up steam is the fact it's way too crowded. You can't set up shots, Wolverine covers the entire left side of the playfield, and the game is all lane shots.

There just isn't much variety to be found when all you are doing is shooting for lanes. Lanes meaning: lanes or ramps. X-Men has been out plenty long enough that people have had a chance to play it.

Here's why it's not going up in value: It's NOT fun.

Best of luck to the seller. Personally, I would get what I can get and move on.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I respectfully disagree; I think the shot layout on this game is awesome. The shots are slightly tighter than what I normally like on machines but not near as tight as Avengers (you can get some real flow going on X-Men and string up some combo shots).

I'm glad people have differing opinions. The site would be boring without it. I'm strictly speaking of this in terms of perceived market value. The majority don't seem to like the game and I think there has been plenty of time to evaluate it.

That being said, I would never sell a game I liked or not buy a game I liked based on perceived value.

I'm learning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eggbert52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-xmen-magneto-and-huo-hulk-for-sale-or-trade-for-acdc-premium?tu=eggbert52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.