Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Chippewa-Pin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_0131.JPG

#1 7 years ago

$6150 located in 48066

2 weeks later
#4 7 years ago

Still available

#5 7 years ago

Still have it

#6 7 years ago

Seems reasonable. This game is getting no love in the pinball market(resale) lately! Don't know why. Wish I had the cash, I'd be driving South to pick that baby up!

#7 7 years ago

thanks ya, this is basically right above what distributors pay. 6200 is cash or certified check etc, if you have to use paypal, tack on the fees for using paypal onto the price.

#8 7 years ago

good luck with sale, a great game , but not being shown any love right now, might be better to wait till it starts climbing back-up

#9 7 years ago

Thanks! Still for sale.

#10 7 years ago

Dropped to 6150

#11 7 years ago

Bump.... $6150 is pretty cheap nib

#12 7 years ago

Still up for sale

#13 7 years ago

Great pinball, Should sell. It is very fun. One of STERNS BEST.

100_0131.JPG

#14 7 years ago

I miss read post It is NIB That is a killer price.

#15 7 years ago

Shazam! It's too bad, really, but these have dropped like a stone.

#16 7 years ago

Problem is in my mind a mint HUO one that is tuned is much more valuable than a NIB one at this point in time.. NIB one you are going to have to deal with the aux board potential issue, Wolverine issues, etc. For around $6k you can get one fully tuned, and probably about $1k worth of awesome mods on it. At least that's about what they've been going for. Also competing with a NIB Magneto here in the Marketplace from a few weeks ago that's currently at $6k.

#17 7 years ago

It's a steep drop in price once that box gets opened..It may pay to wait until new code or the game gets hot again..

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

It's a steep drop in price once that box gets opened..It may pay to wait until new code or the game gets hot again..

Didn't they just say it was going to increase in value after the latest code? That was over 2 months ago and if anything it's just stabilized.

At this point, you either like the game or you don't. I don't think Merlin is going to come down and make such a spectacular code that all of a sudden makes the game goes to $7K.

Sell it for $5,500 and move on.

#19 7 years ago

Evening bump.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Didn't they just say it was going to increase in value after the latest code? That was over 2 months ago and if anything it's just stabilized.
At this point, you either like the game or you don't. I don't think Merlin is going to come down and make such a spectacular code that all of a sudden makes the game goes to $7K.
Sell it for $5,500 and move on.

I think the early code just killed it - people got a very bad opinion early on .. it's going to take more than a great code update - it's just going to take time and people coming back to play it and realizing it really is a nice game with great shots, excellent magnet use, good callouts and overall gameplay. If they get combos and wizard modes right with the next update(s), it will be truly great. Right now I consider it "very good" with the latest updates. Would have rated it "poor" when it was released. I got an AFM and X-Men at around the same time a few weeks ago, and X-Men gets more play both by myself and by the family right now, and AFM was my grail pin.

#21 7 years ago

This is my favorite game at the moment, as of right now, and has been since the last code update. In my view XMen is the most under rated Stern game ever released.

XMen is the total package; amazing artwork, awesome mirrored backglass, great light show, fabulous music, custom dots, tons of call outs, good humor, deep ruleset, a GIANT TON of different modes and things to do . . . and the freaking theme is XMen (the best of all the super hero themes); there is nothing not to like on this game.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I think the early code just killed it - people got a very bad opinion early on .. it's going to take more than a great code update - it's just going to take time and people coming back to play it and realizing it really is a nice game with great shots, excellent magnet use, good callouts and overall gameplay. If they get combos and wizard modes right with the next update(s), it will be truly great. Right now I consider it "very good" with the latest updates. Would have rated it "poor" when it was released. I got an AFM and X-Men at around the same time a few weeks ago, and X-Men gets more play both by myself and by the family right now, and AFM was my grail pin.

See, I think just the opposite. It sat there in my den and I wanted to love it so much. The code wasn't that great I agree but the real reason the game isn't picking up steam is the fact it's way too crowded. You can't set up shots, Wolverine covers the entire left side of the playfield, and the game is all lane shots.

There just isn't much variety to be found when all you are doing is shooting for lanes. Lanes meaning: lanes or ramps. X-Men has been out plenty long enough that people have had a chance to play it.

Here's why it's not going up in value: It's NOT fun.

Best of luck to the seller. Personally, I would get what I can get and move on.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Problem is in my mind a mint HUO one that is tuned is much more valuable than a NIB one at this point in time.. NIB one you are going to have to deal with the aux board potential issue, Wolverine issues, etc. For around $6k you can get one fully tuned, and probably about $1k worth of awesome mods on it. At least that's about what they've been going for. Also competing with a NIB Magneto here in the Marketplace from a few weeks ago that's currently at $6k.

I think that is a minority opinion. NIB is easier and cheaper to ship. Plus you are pretty much guaranteed that there is no damage inside the box unless it was stored it in an unheated building where it gets cold in the winter or way to hot in the summer (temperature extremes).

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

See, I think just the opposite. It sat there in my den and I wanted to love it so much. The code wasn't that great I agree but the real reason the game isn't picking up steam is the fact it's way too crowded. You can't set up shots, Wolverine covers the entire left side of the playfield, and the game is all lane shots.
There just isn't much variety to be found when all you are doing is shooting for lanes. Lanes meaning: lanes or ramps. X-Men has been out plenty long enough that people have had a chance to play it.

I respectfully disagree; I think the shot layout on this game is awesome. The shots are slightly tighter than what I normally like on machines but not near as tight as Avengers (you can get some real flow going on X-Men and string up some combo shots).

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I respectfully disagree; I think the shot layout on this game is awesome. The shots are slightly tighter than what I normally like on machines but not near as tight as Avengers (you can get some real flow going on X-Men and string up some combo shots).

I'm glad people have differing opinions. The site would be boring without it. I'm strictly speaking of this in terms of perceived market value. The majority don't seem to like the game and I think there has been plenty of time to evaluate it.

That being said, I would never sell a game I liked or not buy a game I liked based on perceived value.

I'm learning.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm glad people have differing opinions. The site would be boring without it. I'm strictly speaking of this in terms of perceived market value. The majority don't seem to like the game and I think there has been plenty of time to evaluate it.
That being said, I would never sell a game I liked or not buy a game I liked based on perceived value.
I'm learning.

Totally agree with you on all points. Good post.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm learning.

the majority don't like it?!? I don't see more than five in 10 disliking Xmen. every game will have people that either like or dislike the game play but I don't see many (if any) where the majority dislike a particular game.

#28 7 years ago

It's so funny when people make such broad generalizations. I had a friend come by today, who is not a pinball person and he really liked XMEN. He said he thought it was a lot of fun. Ive played pinball with him in the past and he has never wanted to play more than one game nor was he interested in learning the rules, but with XMEN he was asking lots of questions and enjoying the game. I have Spider-Man sitting right next to it he didn't even want to play it.

For a NIB this is a totally fair price.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You do make some valid points. But the game is fun as all get out in my opinion. The shaker motor has the best integration of any STREN to date I think. Shooting the STORM ramp is awesome. And STORM'S voice overs a funny as hell. She is awesome. Much more to add but I will leave it at that.

#30 7 years ago

Nice convo, still for sale lol. If I can't sell it soon I will just hold onto it for another year or something or maybe unbox it if I ever get room around here.

#31 7 years ago

Are you "investing" in other new sterns? Just curios if this strategy is one you will continue.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Everybody has an opinion on this, so here is why I believe it tanked in price:

1. Worst code release ever. They then they did a Power Pack update that was so bad people lost confidence that there would ever be good code. This was done with a new rookie software engineer that did not have a track record so there was no confidence that it would ever get done correctly.

2. Aux. board was a fatal flaw. There were operators who could not maximize profit on a new machine because the machine was down and another comic book theme was coming up soon. Everybody that has one that did not fail feels they have a ticking time bomb in their machine.

3. Wolverine toy was not designed right. Shaving off his arm, catching the ice bridge, having to remount it so it could open up a main shot is an epic fail. I don't know why the toy is not slotted like the Pro playfield.

4. Machine could not live up to the hype. 7k anticipation thread, 10k by Christmas comment, all lead up to a machine that could not live up to what was expected from it. When it launched with the problems mentioned up above, you had the perfect storm of the value tanking.

Once the problems have been fixed, you do get a great game, but the reputation damage has been done. The first impressions have been made. The 2nd generation of owners, or the original owners who wait it out, will reap the benefits of this game. I feel it has dropped as low as it will go, but it will take a long time to get back to the price it was when it launched last summer.

I was really angry with Stern when I initially got the game because I sold a game I loved to get it. It only happened after the last update, but I am now very happy with the game.

GLWS- I really don't see the value dropping any lower, so whomever buys it has a minimal chance of being disappointed. Right now is the time to buy one if somebody wants one.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

1. Worst code release ever. They then they did a Power Pack update that was so bad people lost confidence that there would ever be good code. This was done with a new rookie software engineer that did not have a track record so there was no confidence that it would ever get done correctly.
2. Aux. board was a fatal flaw. There were operators who could not maximize profit on a new machine because the machine was down and another comic book theme was coming up soon. Everybody that has one that did not fail feels they have a ticking time bomb in their machine.
3. Wolverine toy was not designed right. Shaving off his arm, catching the ice bridge, having to remount it so it could open up a main shot is an epic fail. I don't know why the toy is not slotted like the Pro playfield.
4. Machine could not live up to the hype. 7k anticipation thread, 10k by Christmas comment, all lead up to a machine that could not live up to what was expected from it. When it launched with the problems mentioned up above, you had the perfect storm of the value tanking.
Once the problems have been fixed, you do get a great game, but the reputation damage has been done. The first impressions have been made. The 2nd generation of owners, or the original owners who wait it out, will reap the benefits of this game. I feel it has dropped as low as it will go, but it will take a long time to get back to the price it was when it launched last summer.
I was really angry with Stern when I initially got the game because I sold a game I loved to get it. It only happened after the last update, but I am now very happy with the game.
GLWS- I really don't see the value dropping any lower, so whomever buys it has a minimal chance of being disappointed. Right now is the time to buy one if somebody wants one.

Agreed 100% on this, which is why I think a mint HUO that is already tuned is much more valuable than a NIB one. Trying to think of another pin where this may be the case as well but can't think of one.

#34 7 years ago

One just took a couple of months to sell HUO for 5000.00. Just sayin

#35 7 years ago

Distributors were blowing out the last NIBs for $6k shipped I believe. Not sure about the shipping part...and that was long before the code update. So over $6k might be too much. But the market will speak. Glws.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

ne just took a couple of months to sell HUO for 5000.00. Just sayin

It sold for 5200

NIB > HUO even though HUO is the better deal 99% of the time.

It took me 2 weeks to sell a HUO TSPP on CL and RGP for 3k at one time. Wouldn't take that long now.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Very well said. Lets hope this week's (?) code release makes a good game great.

And GLWTS.

1 week later
#38 7 years ago

Still for sale, $6150, might be trading it friday if i can't find a buyer.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Agreed 100% on this, which is why I think a mint HUO that is already tuned is much more valuable than a NIB one. Trying to think of another pin where this may be the case as well but can't think of one.

Avengers.

#40 7 years ago

I love my XM (On my 2nd one actually, hehe) and it will come around eventually (a-la Iron Man). Just keep it in the box and throw it in a corner. In a couple years someone will be pounding down doors lookin for a NIB and you'll be the only guy in town

#41 7 years ago

XM>AFM & XM>SM & 'one of Sterns best'? Wow. To each their own though.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside