Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5bc8gi (resized).jpg
    Sega warranty (resized).png
    CGC Warranty.jpg
    JJP Warranty.jpg
    Stern Warranty.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

The thing that gets me about thee arguments is that these machines are not made for home use and are not intended to be sold to non operators, these are commercial vending machines, you should know how to diagnose fix and repair if you are the purchaser, otherwise it's on you to find a reliable tech.
    I hang with a bunch of old timers and they always talk about how they had to troubleshoot and fix stuff right out of the box back in the day, seems that's still the case.
    When I purchase NIB, I fully expect to have to work on the pin, I fully expect things to break and need fixing. Why is that a problem for people? If you don't want to have to fix your $10K game right out of the box, don't buy it, that's the deal and you know it.
    I recently purchased a very expensive concrete pump, and it needed minor repair and adjustment right out of the box, no biggie as I was expecting some set up and troubleshooting issues in order to get it to run correctly, it's made for professional use, not for home owners so some expertise is expected and required. Obviously it's the same with pinball.
    Just my 2 cents.
    B

Not sure I agree that these are not intended to be sold to non operators. The home market is now the largest market and they have to cater to that audience. I doubt CEs are going go into commercial settings in any significant numbers. I do agree with you that these are complex games with a lot of moving parts that will go out of adjustment or otherwise need fixing, and people should be prepared for it. But to have playfields with paint chipping in a few hundred games or less is not going to get any manufacturer very far and is a defect that should be covered by a warranty.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Is it? do you have data to back that up? How many disros are set up to only sell to the home market vs selling to operators? Why are "production" models released first if the main market is home use? Of course the rona screwed everything up, but that is a whole other discussion.
    B

Talk to people and you will get your answer. Sales soared last year and yet most arcades were closed, that’s pretty easy to tell who bought them. Production models aren’t always released first, aiq le came out before any other aiq model.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

I do talk to people, have close friends who are distributors, last year was an anomaly. I think you may be wrong about AIQ, I know the pro showed up at distributors first and Stern always runs pros first, at least according to Gary Stern.
    One strange year doesn't change history.
    I'm seeing barcades opening up now, let's see what the next 12-24 months brings.
    B

They did a very small run of pros for distros only and then did LEs. There may be some pent up demand by barcodes as reopening hits, but I’m sticking to my view that homeowners drive the market and support the manufacturers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/6

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

So I'm correct that they run pros first for distributors, who sell to operators, who have (traditionally at least) been their main market yes?
    My point was that this is who the games are made for. That's why the quality is what it is, these are made to make money. Not be artifacts, that's all. I think it's cool to have them at home and make them how you want them, but if you need that level of quality, get an extra playfield, have it professionally cleared, soup up your stuff and have a party, I just don't think you can expect these companies to offer art pieces, they're coin op vending machines designed for operators. Maybe that will change but I doubt it.
    B

No, I don’t think that’s right. They made a very small run of aiq pros as demo units for distros for their showrooms so customers could see and play before buying. Those pros were not for operators. Other games, pros indeed have come first for operators and arcades. Mandolorian has pros coming first, but I don’t take that as a signal operators matter more. Could be they send out pros to generate buzz and potentially iron out issues for games destined for residential use.

We will just have to agree to disagree on who these games are increasingly being made for and who drives the market.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-written-warranty?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.