Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5bc8gi (resized).jpg
    Sega warranty (resized).png
    CGC Warranty.jpg
    JJP Warranty.jpg
    Stern Warranty.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoodOmens.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The warranty has been written for Commercial use. True route operators have a service crew to repair things that break. Moving parts break. A steel ball hitting things will eventually cause them to break. Those playfield parts are typically not warranted.
    Commercial route operators expectation is that the control circuitry will be trouble free for 2-3 months while the machines rake in serious money. After that, it's pay-as-you-go for parts and possibly labor if the operator is not capable of repairing their own circuit boards.

Also routed pins get more plays early for when things most likely defective will break. A HUO pin might see in one year the amount of plays a good location will get in a few days or weeks. The manufacturers really should define separate warranty periods for commercial and personnel pins

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I had an conversation.. well argument that Stern & JJP could be held accountable if it went to court.. my friends argument was that is is a commercial product and that Stern & JJP would use that as the games were not intended for use in home environment and so warranty is void!
    I came back with LE & CE are specifically aimed at home collectors and so should have a different time frame for HUO games.
    Now that JJP have chosen to sell directly to the public it should have a different warranty
    Also another thing to think about, are these companies cost cutting on playfield materials - (softer wood, thinner ink, clear coat) because a HUO playfield has a lot more care/ maintaining than a routed game.. balls changed more regularly, playfield clean & wax, not as much play as a routed game..
    Is the HUO collector market now bigger than Operators.. I think it is.. certainly in the UK

I don't think Stern could argue their games are not intended for use in a home environment given how often they social media post about people's home collections (like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPRLFRPrAyS/) and their "Affordable Home Games" line.

Although their home pins do have a different warranty:

LIMITED CONSUMER WARRANTY 60 DAYS LABOR 60 DAYS PARTS

So that's something

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoodOmens.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-written-warranty?tu=GoodOmens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.