(Topic ID: 311169)

NIB vs. Used: Opinions, Please

By texas_compadre

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robotworld (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

I buy from a local distributor and part of that service is that they set the game up at their shop and check it out to make sure everything is working properly before bringing it to me. I have no need or desire to be part of "the unboxing". To me, opening a box isn't all that special. I'd rather the machine be checked out first for any issues so they can be resolved before I get it.

The distributor I buy from is completely trustworthy and well established though. In your situation you're probably best served going with your instincts so that you're doing whatever you feel you need to in order to be satisfied with the way your purchase works out. Also, I'd think you could ask the distributor for shipping documentation and a picture of the unopened box before they open it up and bring it to you. The serial number for the machine is on the outside of the shipping box so you'd be able to check the serial number in the picture against the machine you receive.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-vs-used-opinions-please?tu=EaglePin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.