(Topic ID: 311169)

NIB vs. Used: Opinions, Please

By texas_compadre

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robotworld (resized).JPG
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

and we appreciate this very much.
    every customer is different. some have the ability to install, setup and diagnose any issues that come up. For those we are more than comfortable shipping games directly to their homes (or business or terminal). for other customers, they either don't want to or dont have the skillset to set up thier machines. If they are local (within 3 hours) to our office then we offer delivery, install, and a basic (one hour or so) quick course on removing the glass, adjusting switches, etc in their house. if they are not local then we work with them via email / facetime / etc to help them in any way to make sure they are satisfied with their purchase. We have even called their "local" distributor or pinball hobbiest to help in the rare case we couldn't do it via email.
    I am not sure how things are going with the op of this thread, but since they opened a second thread on this topic i can only expect they are not going well. Some people really want that "first to open the box" experience, and some don't. We do a lot of accessory install, so those games are generally removed from the box in order to accomplish this (we don't want to spend an extra hour or two in the customers home if we can avoid it).
    In the end, i hope the op is made whole and enjoys their new purchse.

Totally off topic but i noticed your location was Wisconsin Dells. My family took a trip there about 30 years ago or so and there was an arcade with robots on their tokens. I think i still have one somewhere but can’t remember the name of the arcade for the life of me

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

This is wrong. Factory reset will not clear lifetime games played in newer sterns.

Unless this changed in the last couple years, that is not quite true but almost. The setting is actually “lifetime earnings”, not plays. So, if they were all “free plays”, it will never show any earnings. A factory reset will never reset “lifetime earnings”.

One other thing to note, if you receive a new MPU from Stern, lifetime earnings would reset to 0 as well.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Unless this changed in the last couple years, that is not quite true but almost. The setting is actually “lifetime earnings”, not plays. So, if they were all “free plays”, it will never show any earnings. A factory reset will never reset “lifetime earnings”.
    One other thing to note, if you receive a new MPU from Stern, lifetime earnings would reset to 0 as well.

Starting in 2019 Stern pins no longer have the ability to have total games played reset.

#54 2 years ago

OP what happened with this? Did you get your games? How many plays?

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Nope, They have lifetime plays also.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Nope, They have lifetime plays also.

Ok, so now they have both.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

texas_compadre any update?

Quoted from Mbecker:

OP what happened with this? Did you get your games? How many plays?

I took delivery of the Rush Premium, it has issues (despite them unboxing the game to "check it out"), and the dealer has refused to honor his warranty. That was a factor, but not the only factor, in the deal falling through on the second game. I have been through a nightmare ordeal with this dealer, and I started a new thread a couple of days ago regarding my experience:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-nib-purchase-experience-fun-in-mesquite-tx#post-6874486

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

The shop inspecting the item before it goes out is important in a case of damage to the game. If you take home the game and open it damaged, they can’t know if you caused it or not. This is an issue in liability claims with a shipper.

Okay so now what happens if they open it, inspect it, ship it, and the new owner immediately has issues? Appears from the post right above this one, this seller doesn’t honor any warranty in these cases. That sucks imo.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Totally off topic but i noticed your location was Wisconsin Dells. My family took a trip there about 30 years ago or so and there was an arcade with robots on their tokens. I think i still have one somewhere but can’t remember the name of the arcade for the life of me

I would bet that was Tommy Bartlett's Robot World. I think I still have one of their tokens and it has a robot on it. Their water show has closed, but Robot World (Exploratory) is still open.

robotworld (resized).JPGrobotworld (resized).JPG
    #61 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Quoted from LesManley:

I would bet that was Tommy Bartlett's Robot World. I think I still have one of their tokens and it has a robot on it. Their water show has closed, but Robot World (Exploratory) is still open.[quoted image]

Yeah, i would assume the same. They haven't had an arcade in over a decade, but that seems like the spot they would have come from.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.