Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RipleYYY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Headstone.jpg
    Tron_Mods_2_009.JPG
    Tron_Pop_mods_and_etc,,_022.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Benaar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Perhaps I'm just noticing this because of the big white column in the center of the playfield but it sure seems like my new Tron gets dirty really quick. I admit that when I first took it out of the box I didn't do a complete wipedown of the playfield & ramps mostly because my kids were standing right there wanting to play it. Then, of course after they went to bed *I* wanted to play it!

After a couple days I could see lots of little back dirt marks right in the center of the playfield. So, this morning I pulled the glass out and cleaned everything up real nice. Sure enough after about 5 games it's totally dirty again! I don't seem to remember my other NIB games getting dirty this fast.

#4 11 years ago

Tonight I'm going to take the balls out & clean them up good, then also give the playfield a proper treatment with Blitz wax and see if that doesn't help keep the dirt away for a bit. Of course, the game may be too fast to play by the time I'm done!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I sure hope you didn't just take the balls that they gave you and put them right in without either cleaning them up really nice or putting in premium ones.

I wiped them down with a clean cloth, but that's about it. That's all I've done w/ my other NIB games and they've seemed fine.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from CafeOne:

This game is filthy!! It's definitely the disc

Agreed. Cleaned the game & the balls this morning. Waxed everything down. 5 games in and there's little rubber skid marks on the balls & playfield once again.

Quoted from NimblePin:

I clean/wipe down the disc probably every 80 games to keep it grippy

What do you use to clean the disc with? Naptha or ???

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Benaar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-tron-sure-gets-dirty-fast?tu=Benaar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.