65%
  • engagement ring 37 votes
    35%

(106 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

You can have sex ALL THE TIME or you can get married!!!

No truer words spoken!

Quoted from EvanBingham:

Until this point I never knew how much diamonds were worth...and the difference between a good looking 3/4 carat and an ugly 3/4 carat is very noticeable (and also about a grand).

Check out Blue Nile....cuts out middle man...

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

Until this point I never knew how much diamonds were worth...and the difference between a good looking 3/4 carat and an ugly 3/4 carat is very noticeable (and also about a grand).

Good choice, spend the money on something "real" and important. Pinball is a hobby, don't let it get in the way of more important things like life.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No truer words spoken!

This makes me sad

If you're not getting enough, they're might be a reason for it...maybe?

#54 11 years ago

If you do decide to buy both, statistics say there's a 50/50 chance she may end up with the Tron Pro.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

Selling the wpt back to trent for a tron is the plan. I'm going to surprise her with a ring I'm picking out though instead of taking her with me to pick one out.

Listen, if this is the woman you are going to spend the rest of your life with, buy the nicest, biggest friggin' diamond you can afford. I paid nearly $10k for my wife's ring and now wish I would have spent twice that. She is, by far, the most precious and important thing in my life and she is worth any money you can afford within reason!

EDIT...look at clarity...my personal opinion is once you reach a clarity level which is not visible to the naked eye, go bigger. Same with color. Also, go as close as you can get to an "IDEAL" cut diamond which will internally reflect most incoming light so that it comes out of the diamond...this results in an increase in the "shiny-ness" of the rock.

#56 11 years ago

I'd say the ring for the Lady first! Marriage is pretty damn wonderful when you have found the right one. Just be clear and upfront that you enjoy Pinball for Fun/hobby and plan to own a few. All about compromise... And you'll likely have to do the same if she too has a hobby of her own. If she loves pinball, then damn that's a win/win!

#57 11 years ago

There's nothing better than finding the right woman!....also, there's nothing worse than the wrong woman! My parents weren't great philosophers. My father's only advice was " be careful with your peter and your signature"! My mother's only advice was "take time to know her"! After being with my wife for 30 years, I'm still learning!!!

#58 11 years ago

I don't understand the need to spend a whole lot of money on en engagement ring. I've had girlfriends argue this with me and still don't understand how the amount of money your willing to spend on a little ring has anything to do with how committed you are with the relationship. Same goes for large fancy weddings. Isn't it more commitment to do something nice but save the large amounts of money and buy a house together or something that's actually going to improve your life? The whole diamonds for women thing was only created by marketing companies in modern times any way.

#59 11 years ago

If she truly loves you, it's not about what you spent on the ring. If it is, she's not the one.

#60 11 years ago

Is the woman your going to give the engagement ring to HUO or routed?

Seriously, get the ring

Just my 2 cents

Tom

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

If she truly loves you, it's not about what you spent on the ring. If it is, she's not the one.

Agreed. My point on a nice ring is more about a visual representation of your love. Of course, that is second fiddle to the true commitment of marriage. That being said though, I desire the very best for my wife in everything...body, soul and spirit. I've never regretted getting a nice ring...

#62 11 years ago

I'm glad to see some perspective in these forums. I already put the down payments on both

2 weeks later
#63 11 years ago

Finally bought the ring...any suggestions on the proposal?

We both have a sense of humor so any suggestions will be taken seriously

I'll try and get a pic of the ring on here too but I know that my phone's camera quality isn't too great.

#64 11 years ago

Congrats! I have no good propsal ideas but will be thinking on it. Maybe these guys are more creative. I got proposed to over a nice dinner with the ring in a red velvet cake. (And then got dragged off to see a Star Trek movie. I should have known right then I was marrying a geek. Also, movie theater lighting is not ideal for trying to stare at a ring.)

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Also, movie theater lighting is not ideal for trying to stare at a ring

If you cheaped out on the ring, then a movie theater is a great place to propose.

#66 11 years ago

I'd try to get a hold of retro-heart and see if he'd make a Tron for you, perhaps with a little slot for the ring in the top of the cabinet. It's more of a ring holder / presenter idea than a proposal idea, but maybe it will spark others....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-of-my-112th-scale-pinball-models

#67 11 years ago

I'm sure that's true, but I wasn't proposed to in a movie theater and my ring rocks.

Note to Evan: don't propose in a theater. Also, don't do a song/dance and make a video about it that goes viral. I'm sick of watching those on CNN.com.

#68 11 years ago

Congrats all the way. Pinwise, LOTR sounds like a better fit to your situation. You know...one ring to rule you forever. Just teasing. Hope you both have a great life together!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-tron-proor-engagement-ring-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.