65%
  • engagement ring 37 votes
    35%

(106 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I'm at odds

#2 11 years ago

Well that's kind of a no brainer...

#3 11 years ago

Tron Pro

To each there own you must spoil your lady more than you spoil yourself it tends to make life easier.

Rings are not too pricey right now anyways. Most people only want diamonds and gold to melt down.

#4 11 years ago

Get her an engagement Tron Pro.

#5 11 years ago

Does a recognizer disk count?? Guess it highly depends on the girl.

#6 11 years ago

You can have sex ALL THE TIME or you can get married!!!

#7 11 years ago

Need picture of lady to make that vote.

#8 11 years ago

Well this latest run of Tron Pros just might be the last one, and you could get than engagement ring pretty much any time you wanted...

I'm in a similar situation as yourself, but it's my 15th year wedding anniversary later this year. For me my decision is either an ACDC Premium or something such as a nice trip, gift, etc...

Pretty sure ACDC will be rockin' the house before the year is out! ACDC is the gift that keeps on giving, just can't turn that down

Oh, and one more thing, Tron is one amazing pin!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Well this latest run of Tron Pros just might be the last one, and you could get than engagement ring pretty much any time you wanted...

best argument so far

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

best argument so far

She couldn't argue with this reasoning could she? Makes perfect sense to me.

#11 11 years ago

If you buy Tron Pro, the engagement ring problem could take care of itself. If you buy an engagement ring, you'll still probably want Tron Pro.

#12 11 years ago

If you do get married, be sure to get a pin-nuptual!!!

#13 11 years ago

If you have to ask this question, your not ready to be married. If you were ready you would sell any and every pin you had for her with out blinking an eye.

#14 11 years ago

if she REALLY loves you, she would not care if you bought the pin instead of her ring. plus it will save you money down the road buying it now, instead of 1-2 years from now, when they will be worth more.

#15 11 years ago

But have you played tron? I don't think its for everyone. Tron pro was not around long for me, Kinda of a boring game IMO, not a whole lot going on and I tried to like it but just couldn't get into it. Traded for ac/dc pro and it blows it out of the water by a long shot, That is just my 2 cents on it.

#16 11 years ago

If you have to ask us, I think you know the answer.

#17 11 years ago

I've been with my girl for 10 years and I love her to death, but she has no rings and I have two NIB.

#18 11 years ago

pssst cubic zirconia

#19 11 years ago

A lot easier to dump a Tron Pro when you're done with it.

#20 11 years ago

Get her a "Ring" in the form of Lord of the Rings...I'm sure she will be very appreciative.

#21 11 years ago

I voted for tron pro for comedy factor. Although more of a backstory would be nice....how long you guys been together? How long have you been living together? Are both your lives stable? How old are you both? I'm a firm believer of not getting married until your comfortable with your livelihood; I.e. workplace is solid, living situation is handled, etc... Many people say they're gonna get married, have kids, and settle down. I say settle down first for a couple years, if that works out, then get married and have kids. So perhaps tron is the correct answer?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

If you have to ask this question, your not ready to be married. If you were ready you would sell any and every pin you had for her with out blinking an eye.

maybe not every single one! lol

#23 11 years ago

Life is short-make a bride out of that beautiful fiancé of yours. Tron is awesome and you do need it-but my only regret in life is it took me 8 years to pull the trigger and buy a ring. Then waited for a couple years after to have children. If I could do it over-I would have got married when I met her at age 22 and I would have had 4-5 children instead of 2. Everything happens for a reason-but you can help guide your future. I don't know what kind of jewelers you have in Ohio but here in Colorado we have a really good Diamond dealer with great pricing. The Shane Company is the name and I got a huge rock for her for half the price of competition. Then maybe get a United Airlines credit card and buy new run of Tron. Take extra airline miles and go on honeymoon(: Good Luck!

#24 11 years ago

Easier to pick up a nice huo tron pro later.

#25 11 years ago

I guess it all depends on what kind of girl she is. If you know that she'd really love a ring but would rather see you be happy and get that pinball you've always wanted, then get her the ring. She's a keeper.

#26 11 years ago

You question has to be rhetorical, right? You are not really hesitating between the two, this has to be joke!

Get both but remember these wise words:

Quoted from tktlwyr:

A lot easier to dump a Tron Pro when you're done with it.

#27 11 years ago

assuming this is a serious question (which i'm not convinced of)...

you aren't ready to be married if you are even considering putting more importance on an inanimate object (i.e. a pinball) over another human being... "life decisions" get even harder after you have a partner, and if you are asking this question now, you are setting yourself up for some significant issues in the future...

geez... it's a freaking hobby people....

#28 11 years ago

I'm getting both, I was just thinking it would be funny to see the responses

#29 11 years ago

Congrats on the right choice...Both!!!

If I can be of help with your purchase, just advice, or referrals in Ohio, just send a PM.
Jewelry Manufacturing on a nationwide and international level has been my career for 37 years and
4 generations. An unbiased, honest answer to our crazy industry. Id be happy to help.

Cant play a game on a Rock, though....

Art

#30 11 years ago

Engagement Lord of the Rings? Best of both worlds.

#31 11 years ago

Buy pin first...gauge reaction from purchase...decide if ring purchase is necessary

Kinda wish the ring I bought was only a Tron...I could have a couple TronLEs at current market value.

#32 11 years ago

The ring and if she likes pins she may buy you one for presant so there is a possablity if getting a pin when engaged but its up to you her or the pin its a huge choise or wait buy the pun and place the ring somewhere on the playfield.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

You can have sex ALL THE TIME or you can get married!!!

lolll, this is what my friend said, if you don't want sex anymore, get married!

#34 11 years ago

I will tell you this - when they figure out you spent the money on the Game and were expecting the ring you win win... you get the game, and don't have to worry about the ring anymore.

#35 11 years ago

I vote TRON, because if you had to ask.....clearly not time for an engagement ring

(then I saw your post about buying both....good call.....or forego TRON and buy a better ring/honeymoon/wedding.......only get one of those)

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

If you buy Tron Pro, the engagement ring problem could take care of itself. If you buy an engagement ring, you'll still probably want Tron Pro.

Post of the day!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

lolll, this is what my friend said, if you don't want sex anymore, get married!

Does not work in every case

#38 11 years ago

I have thought I would sell TZ when it came time to buy an engagement ring.

#39 11 years ago

I am sure I am out of touch buying my rings 25 years ago, but the choice to me seems more like LAH or engagement ring. And I ain't calling LAH a 5k game, either.

#40 11 years ago

get both. get your tron pro and then buy a cubic zirconium for her; I guarantee that she won't figure it out. none of my first four wives ever did!

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

get both. get your tron pro and then buy a cubic zirconium for her; I guarantee that she won't figure it out. none of my first four wives ever did!

Classic!

#42 11 years ago

When she leaves you, she'll take the ring.

#43 11 years ago

My wife even says get the Tron Pro! Enough said!

#44 11 years ago

As, I think, the only female respondent so far... you might want to make sure she wants an expensive ring, or not. I didnt. I dont want to be responsible for that much $ on my finger to get lost, stolen, etc. I have a gorgeous custom made 1 carat tension set moissanite ring that 2 jewelers so far have thought was diamond, and we used the $ for a house downpayment. Your mileage may vary, of course. I have been told I am not a good representative of the female population before. Lol. I would rather have the Tron.

I will vouch for Art above. He has great jewelry himself and is a very nice guy. Hi Art!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

When she leaves you, she'll take the ring.

She'll probably get the pin, too!!!

#46 11 years ago

Sell WPT, then buy Tron pro, or trade it +cash for a Tron Pro.

And go together to get her a nice ring if you both really want to be together.

#47 11 years ago

Hi M!
Sometimes, some gals are happy without a diamond!
Even though its my field, I dont recommend the 2 month salary thing....for a ring.
2 month salary for pinball is fine!

#48 11 years ago

Use the machine as "the ring" and you will find yourself a win-win situation.

#49 11 years ago

Forget the engagement ring and get this!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Sell WPT, then buy Tron pro, or trade it +cash for a Tron Pro.
And go together to get her a nice ring if you both really want to be together.

Selling the wpt back to trent for a tron is the plan. I'm going to surprise her with a ring I'm picking out though instead of taking her with me to pick one out.

Until this point I never knew how much diamonds were worth...and the difference between a good looking 3/4 carat and an ugly 3/4 carat is very noticeable (and also about a grand).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-tron-proor-engagement-ring-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.