NIB Tron pro in house. What now?

By pinhacker71

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Just got my second pin and first NIB last night. After spending several hours last night looking at ok posts I am ready to ask for some advice? So far I have ordered cointaker led kit, decal for top of recognizer drop target thing, mantis scoop protector, cliffy shooter lane protector, and plastic protector kit. What now? Want to do something with the hideous arcade and would also like to led recognizer. Also, isn't there supposed to be a led kit coming soon for ramps? I know this has been covered before and you may get tired of answering these questions. Seems like the arcade mod and recognizer mod were all done months ago and I'm not sure they are even available. Also, I assume replacement light bikes are no longer available. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 11 years ago

Arcade mod - PM pinballlooking here on Pinside.

Recognizer mod - www.kimballspinballs.com

Light cycles - Hooked might still be selling them. There are also a couple of posts on how to do your own if you have the time and skill.

Ramp lights - Havent done mine yet, so cant say for sure, but just search the forums and you will find lots of info.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks. Ordering arcade mod now. Love the game. Drove 5 hours round trip last night for it.

#4 11 years ago

Cliffy ramp protectors, too.

#6 11 years ago

This is exactly the thread I was going to put up, tells you everything you need to know about Tron mods.

#7 11 years ago

You can play the heck out of it................that's what I would do.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

You can play the heck out of it................that's what I would do.

#9 11 years ago

Playing it and loving it. Hooked up external sub and shaker today. Awesome.

#10 11 years ago

Hm, good to be you!

I don't know, what you can do with that, but I played with 3 Trons, and all of them has got a broken left ramp. The left ramp's left side. There must be some protector there, I think...

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Angyalpor:

Hm, good to be you!
I don't know, what you can do with that, but I played with 3 Trons, and all of them has got a broken left ramp. The left ramp's left side. There must be some protector there, I think...

Okay, that's it. Installing the cliffy tonight, or at least before it gets played again. Waited long enough.

#12 11 years ago

I have an extra Clu cycle. The Flynn (white/blue) ones or a little tougher to get. Let me know.

#13 11 years ago

Nice pin mate, have fun!

For me, i never get tired of topics like this with happy people cause they bought a pin.

#14 11 years ago

Woke up at 6 am this morning to the thumping of the Tron subwoofer. My six year old got up early to play and I forgot to turn it down before I went to bed last night. Didn't bother me but wife was less than thrilled. Having a hard time playing it because one of my three kids are always on it.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Woke up at 6 am this morning to the thumping of the Tron subwoofer. My six year old got up early to play and I forgot to turn it down before I went to bed last night. Didn't bother me but wife was less than thrilled. Having a hard time playing it because one of my three kids are always on it.

lol. Anytime I turn it on, the 3 year old is like "My play Tron now?" and "MY TURN!!!!" He also does the Rock-Rock-Rock-n-Rollergames thing. :p

#16 11 years ago

Ordered ramp protectors today. Hopefully get them before kids, and I, beat the hell out of them. Still can't get my wife to play. Future purchase much easier if I can get her interested.

#17 11 years ago

You should be happy, if the family loves your hobby, that is the greatest thing...
Since I've got my pin, the family-parties are more interesting for the kids. None of them wants to go home...

Oh, and I forget the most important: buy a dust protecting cover for it from me... !

Just joking. Play, as much as you can. I never reach the portal, grrr... 43M is my HiScore.
And the local pub plan to replace it soon with an X-men... :S

#18 11 years ago

1) you need a pingulp
2) you need a six-pack of your favorite craft beer
3) you need a barstool - OK, this is optional

LMK if ya have any qsns

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

I am ready to ask for some advice

I fully understand your situation. Some think that Tron Pro modding right off the bat is an urgent requirement.

Quoted from pinhacker71:

I know this has been covered before and you may get tired of answering these questions.

Oh not at all. Many Tron owners or modders will be happy to tell you how adding $2000 worth of upgrades will solve the problem. People have been waiting for a ramp lighting solution for months. Getting on a mod waiting list makes you feel part of the Tron group. It helps that empty playfield feeling and soothes the associated discomfort.

#20 11 years ago

Loving my Tron just as it is. I do not feel the play field is empty. But if I can do something to make it "prettier", why not? Btw, pingulp is on the way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-tron-pro-in-house-what-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.