3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jgreene
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

laser-war-inside-front-cabinet_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

3 months into owning my Star Trek Pro and it still has that NIB smell. Whenever I come down into the basement it hits me, I can't quite describe it, the new electronics, the wood, all have a certain odor. It's better than a new car smell. Call me crazy, but I love that smell.

#2 3 years ago

Never smelled it before. Just wood, electronics, and mildew. Yours is probably a lot nicer though, although mine is closer to free!

#3 3 years ago

I am addicted to that smell hmmmmmmmmm

#4 3 years ago

I swear I have a game that's so pristine after 30 years it still seems to have that NIB smell. I'm not making this up either.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

I swear I have a game that's so pristine after 30 years it still seems to have that NIB smell. I'm not making this up either.

Im with you man ...I opened up my huo tz yesterday and it has that same new smell that my nib sterns do .

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Actually I believe you saw my tz?

#7 3 years ago

Yeah man, it's me! Haha. I'd love to get back down there sometime and see your current lineup, particularly the Congo. The RBION has been great for TK. You can visit me too but stay away from my minty Laser War, it's never leaving! Oooooh that smell. I'm gonna go dip my nose inside the coin door and get a big whiff before I go to bed.

#8 3 years ago

Man Nellie has a B E A U T I F U L L smell. Go on, give it a whiff!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually I believe you saw my tz?

Dude, your Twilight Zone played awesome and looked incredible and I finally realized why that game is rated where it's at after experiencing yours. Never enjoyed it prior to that. It also motivated me to help twist TK's arm into getting one for his collection. I should have taken a sniff of the inside, that NIB smell is awesome and it's great to see some older titles that were preserved well enough to have similar qualities.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Yeah man, it's me! Haha. I'd love to get back down there sometime and see your current lineup, particularly the Congo. The RBION has been great for TK. You can visit me too but stay away from my minty Laser War, it's never leaving! Oooooh that smell. I'm gonna go dip my nose inside the coin door and get a big whiff before I go to bed.

Your welcome down anytime you all know that. Ive been wanting to get up there and play some pinball with you all also

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Dude, your Twilight Zone played awesome and looked incredible and I finally realized why that game is rated where it's at after experiencing yours. Never enjoyed it prior to that. It also motivated me to help twist TK's arm into getting one for his collection. I should have taken a sniff of the inside, that NIB smell is awesome and it's great to see some older titles that were preserved well enough to have similar qualities.

Yea its a amazing pin but I actually been thinking of selling it to get some other stuff but I just cant pull the trigger yet even know ive been made a very very awesome offer . Ill never find another as nice tho which really makes it a hard decision.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill never find another as nice

Agreed, once it's gone, that's it. I've had a few very generous offers for a few of my games but I just can't do it either. People think I'm crazy for not selling, but I didn't get into this to make money.

Someone should make an air freshener that has the NIB smell for people who's games aren't so fresh and clean.

#13 3 years ago

I bought a new TSPP and owned it for about 4 years. It still smelled like fresh cut wood when you popped open the playfield. I think this is normal, but we're all just used to rank old games that sat in a stanky bowling alley for 30 years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 142.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 157.00
    $ 11.95
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 12.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside