(Topic ID: 317988)

NIB Shipping Issues (R+L Carriers)/What Would You Do?

By Apex

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MaxIsDead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I have only had two NIB pins shipped to me. The first went as expected and delivered on time and with zero issues. The driver even went above and beyond and helped my wife haul the game up to our game room landing! However, my second shipped NIB has been anything but...

Here is the saga so far:

I send in my payment for the pin. The following Wednesday (just setting the timeline) I get a random text from R+L carriers that a shipment is coming my way. Feels like any number of scam shipping messages so I google the company who is sending the shipment. Search result comes back as initiating company has permanently closed. I am traveling for work and decide to wait until I get back (following Monday) to contact my distro to make sure they got payment and to check on the shipping.

Monday morning I send the distro an email asking about the status. Before they respond, I get a call from the gate house (I live in a gated community, not as fancy as you are thinking, lol!) that a truck is trying to deliver to me. No calls to schedule other than the seemingly random text. I work an hour from my house so unless the driver wanted to wait (they didn't) I was not going to be receiving the game that day. They take it back to the distribution center, and I call to reschedule. To this point I figure it is a normal SNAFU and the blame is shared. I reschedule for the following day (Tuesday).

I take the day off work to make sure that I am at the house and we don't have a problem like the day before. I wait all day (no estimate or delivery window was ever given) and finally get a phone call at 4pm. In that phone call the driver tells me they are in a semi and can't possibly deliver to the house. Make an excuse that they "always tell dispatch that they can't deliver to my city in the semi". Ok that would be fine if the day before it wasn't on the small truck.... So again I call the dispatch center and reschedule again making sure that I mention it has to go on a small truck with a lift gate. I paid extra in shipping from the distro for this... (different story)

Today (Friday) I take off another day of work for my 10-3 delivery window. This was a step up since they at least gave me a window! At 4:15 after hearing nothing I call the dispatch and after the third cycle of holding and going back to the main operator, someone finally takes my call... They then tell me that it was not delivered because it went back on to a damn semi for delivery today!

So I reschedule again for next Tuesday....

I get the SNAFU on the first delivery, and like I said, I will share the blame with me and the distro. But come on the next two are for sure on them... What would you guys do if you were in my shoes? Should I pitch a huge fit? I mean seriously how pissed would they be if their limited time off was wasted by stupidity!?!?

Man, if I have the choice again I will never use R+L on purpose....

#2 1 year ago

I have had many many pins shipped thru R&L. For me they have been the best. Never an issue. Yes, sometimes a call early or late. But have always got the game to me in perfect condition.

Sounds like there is some shared miscommunication here. Hold tight. It’ll make it and hopefully in great condition. These things happen. Especially now a days when no one wants to work.

#3 1 year ago

If I was you, I'd pick up from the terminal directly. Save you a lot of trouble at this point.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

If I was you, I'd pick up from the terminal directly. Save you a lot of trouble at this point.

This. Rent a truck at Home Depot for a couple of hours if you don't have one of your own.

#5 1 year ago

Just had R+L deliver a couple NIB pins last week, went pretty smoothly. Unfortunately I'm sure it depends greatly on the local guy making the final delivery.

#6 1 year ago

Hamfisted Fucktards.

#7 1 year ago

The driver on Tuesday asked if I wanted to meet them, however I paid extra for them to deliver to the house. If I had known it would be two more days of hassle I would have met up and gotten the game.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apex:

I paid extra for them to deliver to the house. I

Tell them to earn their paycheck and deliver to the house as services are already paid for.

You guys know I drive truck and I hate hearing stories like this. Makes us all look bad, like just another dumb truck driver.

Granted I would not take a 18 wheeler into a gated community but for a legit reason...
    Most private communities do not have their roads designed or built for the weight of a big truck.

Tell them you need a straight truck with lift gate to make this and all future deliveries, the dispatcher can add that info to the address profile for the future.

Better luck next time with your delivery.
    -Mike

#9 1 year ago

R&L messed up 3 tron LE pins that were delivered to my home(the box sides were partially ripped, and one box was slightly crushed on the top. I could see dents and scratches to the cabinets. Then they lied and told me normal procedure was to sign for the delivery and then file a claim (Never bought a pin before, so I did not know better).

Luckily, I called stern, and they had them come back to pick them up and they were reshipped this time on pallets. For some reason I could not get them shipped on pallets when I ordered them. Stern said it was the distributors choice. distributor told me stern would not ship on a pallet. After that, I think all stern pins were shipped on pallet.

The next time they crushed the top of attack from mars LE(the topper was loose ontop of the pin) and box top was crushed about 4" down. I refused the shipment. R&L claimed it was fine. PP told me to check it at the R&L warehouse because if there was no visible damage, I would get billed for both ways if I refused. it. It was actually ok and the topper was not broken. After that, I think PP put a wood base ontop of the pin box and then strapped toppers to it.

After those messes, I just had r&L hold it at warehouse for pickup. have not had a problem with damage since.

also the first time r&L came, they came in a huge semi and it ripped the cable line out of a neighbors home (It was hanging a little low crossing the street).

#10 1 year ago

Good ol Ram & Load

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-shipping-issues-r-l-carriers-what-would-you-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.