4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Zennmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zennmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi all!

It's a funny story, the short version being it was a VERY good year at work last year, and it's been a VERY good year for pins that I'm willing to spend my profit sharing on. The crux is that I currently have deposits down on 2 NIB pins: Alien and AFMr.

So far, my collection is a single EM that I haven't had for long. I would like to own both of these new guys for a VERY long time, and am very much interested in keeping them in the best possible shape for as long as possible. Since I have the opportunity to do it right from the very start, I am hoping for some input from the experts here about:

How to get them set up properly on day one?

What kinds of protection, both in terms of physical products and maintenance routines/practices will keep them looking and playing great for the long haul?

These will be HUO, so I don't necessarily need to keep everything in a single toolbox, and I won't be in a huge hurry.

Sorry for being so newbish. I did spend quite a bit of time searching, and couldn't find anything specific to "preserving" new games, although I will happily accept flames if I managed to look right at the information and not see it.

Thanks!

-Michael

#7 4 years ago

Awesome, thanks everyone!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

When I get a new game (or new to me), I always replace the pinballs with brand new ones. This is almost a requirement if you buy a new Stern game.

This seems to me like the best "bang for the buck" for keeping a playfield looking new. I figure I'll keep a tube of balls in each coin box, so there always handy and I'll know when it's time to resupply. I sure can't see balking at dropping six bucks to keep my $8K investment looking and playing fresh.

That and a tub of Blitz 1 Grand, and I figure I'll be good until it's time for the first cleaning.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zennmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside