Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tomass
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B53D2E76-EBDF-4ADA-B39D-C32099EBB31E (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I know...pinballs are not investments, and I don’t see them as such. But, I have noticed that the newer NIB Sterns seem to loose value quicker than the other companies pins (Spooky, CGC, JJP, American Pinball). Is this due to Stern making so many pins? If deeproot really follows through, will their pins second market value plummet? Has Stern reached saturation value with second market newer pins?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I just sold a TNA for $4700 that originally cost $6000

Hmmmmm. Good to know. Pinside sellers must be inflating their prices.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I don't think pins from those makers hold their value any better than Sterns.
    Best bet to minimize your losses on NIB is to stick with Stern Pros and CGC Classic Editions. Those are well-built, economical and operator friendly pins.

Agreed on the value of the pros, but again, not an investment, just an observation...and a question on the future direction of used pins.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sorry? Is this question “do NIB pins retain their value?” The answer is NO. Next question.

No. This is a relative question to the manufacturer.

#16 4 years ago

Missing the point. I am asking manufacturer compared to other manufacturer...and their amount of production. Not merely NIB to used across all manufacturers.

#20 4 years ago

I looked at the prices (although quickly) on pinside. Just an observation on these prices from other people. Merely a question...doesn’t need to be so controversial.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

This is one of the stupidest posts in a while. The kind of stuff I’d expect from a new collector. My head hurts.

Sorry to offend. Let those who are above interject. I do miss the old pinside...the one that loved pinball...and not the one that tore it down...and all that loved it. I now understand those old school that loved it/made it. If there is anymore nastiness, I will report to the moderators and deactivate. Not worth the drama.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-retaining-value?tu=dnapac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.