Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinchild
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tramd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I am a big fan of both Jersey Jack and Stern and honestly prefer JJP games overall to Stern. I think JJP is making the best games of all time. My top 6 is WOZ, JJPOTC, TZ, MM, LOTR, BM66 in that order (clearly I like widebodies with a ton of crap). But I have an issue. I started collecting a little over 2 years ago and have purchased 9 new games (WOZ RR, DI LE, TH Smaug, JJPOTC LE, BM66 Prem, SW Prem, GOTG Pro, GB Pro and MMr). Here is the number of issues that I had to fix with each out of the box. Some of these were simple adjustments but some were get replacement parts, search for hours and/or solder something.
    JJPOTC LE: 5
    TH Smaug: 4
    WOZ RR: 2
    DI LE: 2
    MMr: 1
    BM66 Prem: 0
    SW Prem: 0
    GB Pro: 0
    GOTG Pro: 0
    So averages by manufacturer: JJP = 3.25, CGC = 1, Stern = 0.
    Don't get me wrong; the support from JJP is SUPERB. I have had quick and helpful responses and gotten things figured out every time. But in some cases, it took up hours of my time for one game and/or I had to wait a couple weeks before I had a working game. I have no idea how good Stern support is because I haven't needed to contact them. Am I alone in this? Has anyone else had a similar experience or am I an outlier? I want to keep buying these awesome Jersey Jack games but I am questioning their quality control. Is this a young company problem? Were there similar Stern problems 20 years ago? Is it because of the innovative features that JJP offers on its games?

#30 5 years ago

I don't plan to stop buying JJP games (unless they are crap themes like Toy Story and The Muppets) but seriously wondered if I was just an odd case of having so many JJP problems and no Stern problems. Thanks for all of the responses. I will continue to support these two awesome companies. Once I get the JJP games dialed in, they are superb.

1 week later
    #61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Manny10:

I enjoy all new pinball machines, however when I play a few games of a JJP machine and then play a stern game right after; the JJP machine feels extremely well built while the Stern game regardless of which one it is feels like an expensive toy.
    That being said, my favorite game is my AC/DC Luci...

I agree with this. JJP games look and feel like superior quality which makes it more confusing to me that I've had so many more problems with them. I honestly feel like it is a combination of more complex things and just more things in general causing more issues during shipping along with being a newer company that hasn't perfected QC.

With that said, I really love all of my JJP games. Pirates is ridiculously fun and feature packed. Although I am bummed about the changes (which were made because of what we are currently discussing) and the lack of the theme song and movie clips, it is still just a darn fun game that has been unanimously loved at my house.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tramd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-problems-jjp-vs-stern?tu=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.