Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinchild
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

I love both companies and own nib from both. My jjp games had nothing wrong out of the box other than having to adjust the shooter rod on hobbit. My Stern's were great to. Had to bend bracket on sparky, and had a dmd line go bad on Metallica. Overall both great experiences. Since then, zero issues other than adjusting a couple switches.

It seems like this post was spawned from a handful of jjp potc owners having issues. I can easily recall a lot more stern threads dealing with cabinets, ghosting inserts, node boards, etc..due to volume of games stern puts out.

Overall, both companies are releasing quality products. Jjp problems stem from the many mechs, and need small adjustments at times. Stern's issues are usually node boards, and cabinet/play field issues. Both in which seem taken care of upfront and never to be troublesome again in most cases.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I think jjp early runs have been pretty poor... At least WOZ and DI. Was Hobbit OK?

Hobbit had fixes needed such as beast gaps, ramp flaps, post on left habitrail. I still haven't fixed my ramp flaps due to having to remove entire ramp, grind off old flaps, and attach new ramps with rivets and a tool I don't have. They did send out all parts for these fixes, but I learned to be patient and wait for new releases to get the kinks worked out. The potc thread reassures me of my decision. Still, love jjp, but hope manufacturing gets ironed out better.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-problems-jjp-vs-stern?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.