(Topic ID: 191300)

NIB pricing cash vs CC

By PW79

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

if-you-re-good-at-something-never-do-it-for-free (resized).jpg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Big Green Egg grills have a similar business model. Dealers cannot sell below a set price but they can sweeten deals with accessories (eggsessories lol)

You're fired.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I had to pay 3% more when I ordered my KISS Pro though Cointaker and used a credit card.

OK so progress is being made on concrete numbers & if I understand this correctly...

SW Premium via eBay @ $7600 -2% CC rewards -1% eBay bucks = $7,372 net

SW Premium via (insert distro) @ $7300 +3% CC fee -2% CC rewards = $7,373 net

lol it's $1 more to buy outside of eBay & possibly higher risk too

#53 6 years ago

MSRP plus added cc fee is ridiculous, unless there is free shipping or other perks. I"m interested what the best Deal is going to be on DILE. I'm thinking of buying one when they are in stock and ready to ship.

#54 6 years ago

If you're paying MSRP for a new in box game, you're over paying. We do bulk buys with several people in the same city to cut costs.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My comment makes perfect sense to everyone else, I assure you. Stick around a bit longer and you'll figure it out.

What is the base price of a SWLE? Telling us that would be something instead of general comments with no real insight on pinball pricing.

#56 6 years ago

$7600 for a premium??????????

Man, Stern is taking this hobby for a ride. Glad I stopped buying new games. Nearly $8000 for a premium.

Let's refresh ourselves with this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history

ACDC LE was MSRP was $8499.

And a premium's street price is now $7600.

Reminds me of a song by Samwell that starts off: "I said 'What what'...."

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

$7600 for a premium??????????
    Man, Stern is taking this hobby for a ride. Glad I stopped buying new games. Nearly $8000 for a premium.
    Let's refresh ourselves with this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history
    ACDC LE was MSRP was $8499.
    And a premium's street price is now $7600.
    Reminds me of a song by Samwell that starts off: "I said 'What what'...."

Msrp for Star Wars le is $8999. A $500 increase in five years doesn't seem all that extreme.

The $7600 for the premium means the distributors aren't doing the big discounts anymore. This is probably due to everyone paying msrp for other manufacturer's pins.

#58 6 years ago

That's a great song

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

This is probably due to everyone paying msrp for other manufacturer's pins.

Could be. I'm not sure how long that will last. No pricing other than MSRP + no shipping discounts on DI led me to buy AS instead. If nobody offered any breaks anymore, well, theres lots of fun used games out there too.

I know distros are just trying to make it and I appreciate all that they do. It's just economics... as a consumer I'm going to always be trying to maximize my utility just as they are always going to try to maximize their profit.

Sometimes ya gotta at least let me think I'm getting a deal.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

Msrp for Star Wars le is $8999. A $500 increase in five years doesn't seem all that extreme.
    The $7600 for the premium means the distributors aren't doing the big discounts anymore. This is probably due to everyone paying msrp for other manufacturer's pins.

$500 increase, but they've also cheapened the product. My AC/DC premium or SM have each help up better over several years than my GBLE did in a single year.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

It is illegal to charge for using a cc but not illegal to give a discount for cash

not 100% sure, but I believe that law has been either changed or updated. Several gas stations in my area do the same thing, which just bothers the hell out of me for some reason.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

just because prices have gone up, doesn't mean that margins for distributors have. if people truly knew the time and energy put into being a distributor (shows, tech support, paperwork, etc) for the margins that are out there on new games, they would probably accuse us of being mental (sorry, listening to the harry potter books again has me using British words from time to time).
    i am currently in the process of looking into credit card acceptance as i understand it is a part of modern business. heck, i did the same exact thing when remodeling my house. put everything on the credit card (and pay it off of course) so i could get the points back. as i said, i am looking into it, but not really excited about it.

I will vouch for this completely 100%
    As a dist for JJP and AP I know where hes coming from!

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

Let me put that in perspective: 2 years ago, I was paying $6300ish for TWD Prem.

If someone asked me to get ready to pay $7600 only 2 years later, my succinct response: "fuck that".

No, I will not disclose who I was doing business with for those prices. I kind of like to keep the good deals coming, just in case I actually decide to mentally walk off a cliff and pay nearly $8000 for what used to be the LE price for a Premium....

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Let me put that in perspective: 2 years ago, I was paying $6300ish for TWD Prem.
    If someone asked me to get ready to pay $7600 only 2 years later, my succinct response: "fuck that".
    No, I will not disclose who I was doing business with for those prices. I kind of like to keep the good deals coming, just in case I actually decide to mentally walk off a cliff and pay nearly $8000 for what used to be the LE price for a Premium....

Yep i bought a nib twd premium year and half ago for 6300 and it came with shaker . Crazy how much prices have went up since then and u get less for your money now. No more sterns for me unless they are used and on the sam system.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

You must have got that walking dead for about dealer cost. I couldn't find an AC/DC Premium for less than $6500 4 years ago. I talked to distributor around that time who is not on pinside, and he said there is no way he could match the $6500 beacause that was only a couple hundred over his cost.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

The older Premiums are still $6-something. It's the new Spike 2 LCD ones which eclipsed $7000.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

You must have got that walking dead for about dealer cost. I couldn't find an AC/DC Premium for less than $6500 4 years ago. I talked to distributor around that time who is not on pinside, and he said there is no way he could match the $6500 beacause that was only a couple hundred over his cost.

That wasn't a very competitive price quote. $6200-6300 or so should have been the price in 2013 for a Premium.. but there was a price increase that year too, so if you were talking late in the year it probably would have been $100-150 more. I paid $6100 shipped in April/May 2013 but that was an agressive price. For comparison.. other pinsiders were trying to sell NIB stock they were sitting on to flip for 6300 at the time.

#68 6 years ago

I paid $6300 for my AC/DC Premium new in box. That was shipped, of course.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Sometimes ya gotta at least let me think I'm getting a deal.

Yep, bingo. I don't want to pay MSRP plus a credit card fee plus shipping because I feel like a fool when I hear buddies of mine got a few hundred off or free shipping or a free shaker (or all of those things). I want to at least feel like I'm getting something.

It's been a few weeks since I was shopping DI, I'm going to get back at it after the 4th of July and just see if someone wants my business enough to throw me a bone of some kind.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I paid $6300 for my AC/DC Premium new in box. That was shipped, of course.

Same here.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The older Premiums are still $6-something. It's the new Spike 2 LCD ones which eclipsed $7000.

To me, it is still a "Premium". Face it, they stuck in an LCD which costs less than a DMD, and stuck it to the consumer.

Less is the new more. They get more, and you get less.

1 month later
    #72 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

To me, it is still a "Premium". Face it, they stuck in an LCD which costs less than a DMD, and stuck it to the consumer.
    Less is the new more. They get more, and you get less.

And some people can't get their wallets out fast enough!

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-pricing-cash-vs-cc/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.