Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TVP
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-04-23-10-24-45 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Procrastinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from Metengo:

IF Stern would deliver for what you pay, no problem with price tags today. But they don´t. That´s the unbalanced side of money and machine.
    It is not the right way to make a competition of "Who can build and sell cheaper" because it will lower the quality to a point where you cannnot get what you expect.
    But Sterns way nowadays is like this. Lowering quality again and again and again. And they want more and more and more for less.
    That is, what drive me nuts.
    Build quality and i am willing to pay....
    So let me look the next weeks (i plan to buy in June) to JJP, maybe i find there what i am looking for....

It's been said a few times here, but it's not about the price for me, it's the quality of the product. A decade ago I felt the prices were in line with the quality of the machines, and had no problem buying as many games as I could fit. Nowadays, its bugs the shit out of me to order a $10k table with qc issues and lack of code. Say what you will about JJP, but I feel like with both their games so far, quality matched the price. I would even pay more since I think they build such a sturdy product. I do wonder how things will turn out if they were able to increase production and speed up release of new games, as I think they have a huge opportunity right at their fingertips.

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Build quality right?
    Man that argument is lame, Sterns for the most part are holding up pretty well, I don't hear much from operators stating Sterns are falling apart or from home owners that their pins are collapsing, ok "JJP games have more stuff going" what all 2 of them and The Hobbit isn't a loaded game at all and they better be loaded when you get 1 game every 3 years or so, Stern still makes the best all around games, ok code could be quicker and quality could be better but its not like its shit and no one is forcing anyone to buy NIB wait a year or so then buy a Pre. Batman 66, Starwars on the horizon, TWD, Aerosmith way cooler themes than anything JJP has come up with not too mention by far the best LCD of any manufacturer, I like the 27" and all but Sterns fits the best, maintains some translite but gives you a nice display, I'm not a Stern fanboy but I can't stand the whole "build quality of JJP" or "feels like 90's B/W" crap. without Stern we would be in a sad state when it comes to pinball in 2017. Oh yeah..............

What are you even blathering about? I never said stern was shit. I said it bugged me that for $10k pins there is QC issues and incomplete code. JJP only has two pins? No shit, it's not like the crux of my post was JJP is missing an opportunity by producing only two pins over 6 years.

I don't think their is any disagreement that stern has had QC issues as of late, and that there has been incomplete code occasionally. Plus, i believe JJP builds a decent quality pin...hell, you have said the exact same thing.

The reality is you seem to having a raging stiffy for slamming JJP's products. Look at your ratings, your comments, etc....it's pretty obvious. Hell, you went on a multi-month troll about how "gay" WOZ is and how you wouldn't feel comfortable with it near you because it had women's shoes on it. Simply put, it seems like you are sorely trying to overcompensate...plus, I can't take anyone serious who thinks a pins theme effects sexual orientation...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Procrastinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-pinball-pricing?tu=Procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.