Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Seems everything has gone up quite a bit in the last year. What gives? Seemed like there was a trend for Stern Pro's at some decent prices for awhile, but now all of those are up too.

#2 3 years ago

Manufacturing down time, low stock and high demand for at home play.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from callaway15:

Seems everything has gone up quite a bit in the last year. What gives? Seemed like there was a trend for Stern Pro's at some decent prices for awhile, but now all of those are up too.

Stern raises prices every year. They are doing it slowly, so we just get used to it. JJP has actually made 2 price decreases in the last 2 years. They dropped the standard model pricing with Wonka and again ever lower with GNR. I'm eager to see what a sub 7K Toy Story looks like.

#4 3 years ago

There's a bunch of new sterns for sale at good prices. What title are you looking for?

#6 3 years ago

Those are all good thoughts. I'm waiting to finish a basement room before I clutter it up more, with another game. Just a little disappointing seeing some game prices seemingly higher. I've always been on edge wanting a NIB Deadpool Pro; see prices are higher, and of course by the time I might decide on one, NIB may not be available. I like Elvira too, and really was looking forward to Chicago and Texas Pinball Expo's to try out the other new game releases, but seems that's gonna be awhile thanks to COVID.

#7 3 years ago

has not been decent prices since Kiss pro,Game of thrones when all pro's Were reasonable at 4500- 4600 pro / 6400 premium and le at 7500/7800 to your door , Cheap Home Pin versions with coin doors . Once i sell off my only 2 spike games Im out of Spike land and never looking back which is unfortunate due to some great new titles Coming soon ..

Quoted from callaway15:

#8 3 years ago

I kick myself for not jumping on an AC/DC Premium sold by Amazon prime, that had a price sale for something around 5000 to 5100 about 2-3 years ago. Further, Deadpool Pro for 5300ish. Could be off a little on what I remember, but they were amazing price drops. Eventually, prices for the Stern Pins stopped having occasional drops in price on Prime, and then always stayed listed at Retail Price or more.

#9 3 years ago

hey look... a new pricing thread.

pinball is expensive.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

hey look... a new pricing thread.
    pinball is expensive.

Hey look another happy emoji spouting newb spouting something we already know.

#11 3 years ago

They keep raising the prices and people keep buying them - so why not make as much money as you can as that is the goal of a for profit business

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

They keep raising the prices and people keep buying them - so why not make as much money as you can as that is the goal of a for profit business

For me, this is the answer. As prices rose over the years, it still felt worth it. But I got a little stuck at the 5000 dollar mark for a Pro game. That, and some quality problems in NIB games, like taking 6 months to get a replacement playfield from Stern as mine delaminated. I also didn’t gain any benefits from the new Spike system with the exception that the games are easier to move because they weigh a lot less, and pulling a playfield is only a few connectors now. All cost savings of Spike are Sterns, and all problems with it are owned by the consumer.

I’m not saying I’m totally out of NIB, but it would need to be a very special game at these prices and quality.

#13 3 years ago

Who would have guessed when the minimum wage isn’t $3.85/hour that prices will go up? What gives!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-pinball-prices and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.