NIB Pinball Delivery Question

By SantaEatsCheese

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Will they bring it to the garage?

Got word that my NIB Rick and Morty #373 is going out on the Truck tomorrow from Wisconsin to Maryland and I am excited! It is my understanding that when you buy a NIB pin, once it leaves the factory with the shipping company they will call you to schedule a delivery. I am trying to figure out if this is something my wife can accept or if I have to be there. Mainly I am trying to figure out if they are going to dump it on the curb by the trash cans or if it is unreasonable to ask the delivery driver to drop it in the garage. There is no way my wife can move it inside on her own.

With NIB pins do you generally wax the playfield before playing? I am planning on putting a little mylar in the shooter lane for my OCD self but don't know if there is anything else special to do.

Are they easy to move in the box? I'd like to try and keep my pin nice, but have a small hill to go down to make it into my walkout basement. Is it safe to move it in the box or is it going to be harder to move?

Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

Home delivery should include liftgate service, otherwise you're not getting it off the truck. I would hope the driver could dolly it into your garage after unloading, but check with the shipper - some may have policy to not mess with freight once off the liftgate.

#3 3 years ago

I've only bought NIB CGC and sterns. Not sure if any of this applies. My CGC game's box didn't have a bottom and the game was strapped on a mini pallet. I didn't want to hand truck it that way. The guy delivered it to my driveway, waited for me to remove the box and inspect it, then left after I signed for it.

The stern game came in a full box that was labeled "truck this side" so you knew which side you could use for a hand truck. I liked that a lot better. I hand-trucked that one around before I opened the box. I have never had a nib problem or horror story so I don't know about that.

#4 3 years ago

It's going to depend on the shipping company what their policy is. I've had a full size semi out front and had to unload it myself and other times they brought a lift gate truck and pallet jacked it to the garage. They'll call to make arrangements and you can ask them then and see if they will move it to the garage for you. As long as you have someone there over the age of 18 you're fine.

The last NIB Stern I had delivered, they were supposed to call 30 minutes before delivery so I could drive home to be there. I get a call that they will be there in 10 minutes! There's no way I could get there that fast. I tried. When I got there it was sitting in the middle of the driveway. He wanted the signature and he was gone. So it had to sit there until I could get it moved into the garage myself. It sometimes never goes as smoothly as you'd like.

#5 3 years ago

They will roll it up into your garage as long as it’s ground level and relatively close to the street

That being said I would never have a pinball delivered without me being there

#6 3 years ago

Leaving at the curb or bringing it into your garage will be up to the driver. Typically the only need to drop at curb (unless you paid extra to bring it inside). But most drivers will bring it into a garage as long as their skid hand truck can get there easily, no gravel, steps....

#7 3 years ago

Really depends on the shipping company, but most won't bring it in the house, however all of them will (or should!) put it where you want outside, including a garage as long as it's a simple wheel in.

My experience is

DHL: Drops off outside
SEKO: Drops off outside
STI: Brings inside (but no stairs)

No need to wax the playfield when you first get it, but you can wipe it down with a microfiber cloth (and maybe some Novus 1) if you want to be fussy. Wipe the balls, too. And yeah, far better to keep it in the box when transporting, just truck the correct side. No chance of scratches or other mishaps. It's a little heavier/bulkier, but a good dolly with a strap and you're fine.

#8 3 years ago

I’ve had two NIB Spooky’s delivered and no issue either time bringing it into the garage for me. My wife had to receive one since i was out of town. Big thing is to inspect and make sure there is no obvious damage. Crushed box, forklift holes through the side, broken glass sounds when you shake box. That kinda thing. If it looks like it’s damaged then refuse the shipment. A lot easier for Spooky (or a distributor) to deal with shipping damage if you don’t sign for it. Thats the instructions i got from a distributor anyway....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-pinball-delivery-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.