Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Crashnburn
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have the chance to buy a NIB Star Wars kit. It includes roms, art, playfield and marquee.
Any ideas?

#2 4 years ago

1200-1400, maybe a little more but I wouldnt pay much more than that

#3 4 years ago

That sounds like a good price. I could definitely see the value in have one Pin2000 cabs with both RFM and SW kits.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

1200-1400, maybe a little more but I wouldnt pay much more than that

Agreed.

#5 4 years ago

Hope it's local - they cost a fortune to ship.

#6 4 years ago

$1000 max. Shipping is not that bad.

#7 4 years ago

I shipped mine through Fedex ground no problem. It arrived in good condition. I think it cost about $70 to send in the original Williams box.

#8 4 years ago

It's funny that people value this so low. It's like getting an HUO game (not cabinet) for the price. People pay $700 or $800 all the time for an unpopulated NOS playfield that would require a ton of work to put in (usually estimated at 40 hours) . This is the same thing, except a fully populated playfield - so you just drop it in + translite + cabinet art. Plus you get 2 games instead of 1. The price estimates of $1000 is because that's what they used to go for, but if you consider pinflation and what you are getting here the actual value of this item is worth a lot more in today's market.

IMHO - most undervalued pin - even though it's not the full game.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I think it has more to do with the fact that it is SWEP1. If it were a RFM kit I would say double what I stated above.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It's funny that people value this so low. It's like getting an HUO game (not cabinet) for the price. People pay $700 or $800 all the time for an unpopulated NOS playfield that would require a ton of work to put in (usually estimated at 40 hours) . This is the same thing, except a fully populated playfield - so you just drop it in + translite + cabinet art. Plus you get 2 games instead of 1. The price estimates of $1000 is because that's what they used to go for, but if you consider pinflation and what you are getting here the actual value of this item is worth a lot more in today's market.

Problem is swapping is a bit of a bitch and there are a lot of SWE1 boxes sitting under games not getting used...Hence supply and demand. Mine was a lot of work to sell and I had a lot of offers under $1000.

#11 4 years ago

I sold one a few months ago with a prism card and could only get $1,200 shipped.

#12 4 years ago

~1K has been the price of these ever since a bunch of them sold for 1K back around 2000. SWEP1 is just a bad game, hence the lack of demand. I guess inflation = $1200 shipped.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Problem is swapping is a bit of a bitch and there are a lot of SWE1 boxes sitting under games not getting used...Hence supply and demand.

I don't quite get the swapping statement. Unless you mean the code, the actual putting the game in and booting it takes like five minutes tops. If you get a second prism card or a second daughterboard (that's what I have ) the whole process takes less than 10.

SWE1 is a lot better than people give it credit for, I think. It just needed all the stupid videos at the start of modes to be skippable. I find myself playing mine surprisingly awesome, and RFM sits underneath it most of the time... although I'm sure I'll swap in RFM sometime soon and play that non stop for a few weeks...

#14 4 years ago

To the op - it looks like $1200 is the price. I highly recommend getting it for that price if you can. It's not a bad game at all, and for that money for NOS I think you'll really enjoy it.

BTW - I'm in a league with the Sharpes and Josh and Zach always seem to pick SW:E1 when it's available. I'm not sure if it's because they like it or because it's a good competitive choice, but they are pretty competitive on any game.

#15 4 years ago

I assume the drop targets are set to block infinite ramp combos on the league's SWep1?

#16 4 years ago

The newer code breaks infinite combos to the point they aren't worth it. We used it in an MGC tournament years ago, and they said it's a good competitive get so long as the new code that dials them down is on it.

#17 4 years ago

new code?

#18 4 years ago

1.5 I think. Whatever the final update was. It didn't come with it on the roms from factory, so unless you update it yourself, you don't get it.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

1.5 I think. Whatever the final update was. It didn't come with it on the roms from factory, so unless you update it yourself, you don't get it.

Good info here! Thanks for posting.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

I have the chance to buy a NIB Star Wars kit. It includes roms, art, playfield and marquee.
Any ideas?

Is it a guy named Jeff selling it? I think I'd told him somewhere between $1k and $2k as a wide range, probably $1500ish without the prism card but in such pristine condition. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I got a very quick look at it, and it looked perfect.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

I sold one a few months ago with a prism card and could only get $1,200 shipped.

Awww, you sold yours?

Wanna sell me back the art??

Chris

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Is it a guy named Jeff selling it? I think I'd told him somewhere between $1k and $2k as a wide range, probably $1500ish without the prism card but in such pristine condition. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I got a very quick look at it, and it looked perfect.

Not trying to thread steal, but there's a chance it could be me. I have a perfect NIB/NOS complete kit, plus extras (NOS/OEM ROM card, sling protectors, new rubber kit) that I have posted for sale here. And it's perfect too!

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net

#23 4 years ago

I paid $1K about 3 years ago or so. But, that was when you could still buy Nucore which makes it really easy to swap. I would say the value is about the same. As someone said, $1200 if comes with a 2nd PRISM card.

It does take a ton of time and hassle to change if you don't have that. Swapping the ROMs is not simple and then you need to do the software update. The update software is very touchy on the PC it runs on. The best way is with a PUB card (you can rent from Rob Anthony/Borygard).

I do agree that the game is underrated, but I would put it quite a ways down on my list. RFM is *far* superior and is what usually sits in my cabinet. I still laugh at the callouts on that one.

Best of luck!
Jaz

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

It does take a ton of time and hassle to change if you don't have that.

I just don't get this statement. Nothing personal, I have heard it from many people.

I don't have an extra prism card, but I can still do the swap in about 15 minutes. Sure, you have to hook up a laptop, but that's not a big deal really. Maybe I am just more patient, but 15 minutes to have a completely different game is pretty damn impressive to me.

Installing the other ROM card (the kits came with these I believe) takes 2 minutes , for me anyway.

Chris

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I just don't get this statement. Nothing personal, I have heard it from many people.
I don't have an extra prism card, but I can still do the swap in about 15 minutes. Sure, you have to hook up a laptop, but that's not a big deal really. Maybe I am just more patient, but 15 minutes to have a completely different game is pretty damn impressive to me.
Installing the other ROM card (the kits came with these I believe) takes 2 minutes , for me anyway.
Chris

Then you got really lucky with having a laptop capable of running the software and a compatible serial port. I was never actually able to successfully get the code updated on mine. Everytime I tried, I would get COM errors or other failures. If it was just a matter of plugging it in and pressing go (which it seems to be for you), then you're correct in saying it wouldn't be as big of an issue.

However, the other issue I think people worry about is the changing the ROM ICs themselves. There's 10 of those suckers and you need to unplug the daughterboard which takes a ton of force (the kits did not come with a spare daughtercard, just the ICs). So, there's a cringe factor as well. I know I never get the separator tool with my kit so I was a little worried there.

Anyway, good to know that not everyone has to go through the drama when swapping out their PF. I know I love the ease of it thanks to my Nucore setup.

Jaz

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Then you got really lucky with having a laptop capable of running the software and a compatible serial port. I was never actually able to successfully get the code updated on mine. Everytime I tried, I would get COM errors or other failures. If it was just a matter of plugging it in and pressing go (which it seems to be for you), then you're correct in saying it wouldn't be as big of an issue.
However, the other issue I think people worry about is the changing the ROM ICs themselves. There's 10 of those suckers and you need to unplug the daughterboard which takes a ton of force (the kits did not come with a spare daughtercard, just the ICs). So, there's a cringe factor as well. I know I never get the separator tool with my kit so I was a little worried there.
Anyway, good to know that not everyone has to go through the drama when swapping out their PF. I know I love the ease of it thanks to my Nucore setup.
Jaz

OK, that makes more sense then. I don't change the ROMs, I have a spare Rom card, but yes, every laptop I have can do the update, so I guess in that respect it is better than some.

Chris

#27 4 years ago

You can update with the original Pinball 2000 Software in Win7 32bit!! Here is the way i do it (translated from german).

1. Run Pinball2000 Update Manager Software .exe in compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack2 or 3)
2. Install Pin2000 Update Software
3. Put USB2Serial Adapter into USB port and wait for initialization
4. The Software communicates with COM1 ! Normally the USB2Serial Adapter has another COM Port. You have to change it manually. Go to:

- Control Panel
- Device Manager
- Ports (COM & LPT) --> press right mouse button "Properties"--> Advanced Settings and change the current COM Port to COM1 !
- Change Baudrate to 115200
--> (If you get an update error in Pin2000 Update Software, -->change Baudrate to 9600)
5. Run Pinball2000 Update Manager Software and Update you prism card

!!Important!!--> Run the Game Update und Sound Update separately!!

Sorry my englisch is not the best. I hope you understand my instruction.

#28 4 years ago

i cant get it to work on mine, i get WinExec failed:return=216
any idea how to get around it?
tried in every mode in compatibility also.

#29 4 years ago

Do you use win7 64bit? If yes this will not work!! You have to use Win7 32bit.

#30 4 years ago

mine is 7 64

#31 4 years ago

here is a way around 7-64 but i dont know how to do this?
is this from command prompt?

http://brianpeek.com/post/Pinball-2000-Software-Update-with-Windows-7-x64

#32 4 years ago

Yes, this is from command promt. Here is the way:

1. Create directory "p2k" on C:\
2. Copy all files into c:\p2k (fUpdate + unzippede update files)
3. open Command Line (Windows Start Button and enter cmd --> opens command center)
4. change directory enter--> c:\p2k
5. for SWEP1 v1.5 Update enter--> fupdate -p\p2k -fpin2000_50069_0150_ COM1
6. for RfM v1.8 Update enter--> fupdate -p\p2k -fpin2000_50070_0180_ COM1

1 year later
#33 3 years ago

Any more of these kits out there for sale? I might be interested in one if the price is right.

Ed

#34 3 years ago

They show up here and there. I have one but I do not want to sell it right now. GL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside