• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ST Window 2 (2).JPG
ST Window 2 (1).JPG
STLE Spider Webbing.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Santeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hello all,

STLE is my first NIB machine and, as such, I have a lot to learn. Along that line, I have had a series of questions, including some QC, as I would like to make sure I learn what is appropriate for NIB in regards to needed tweeks, legitimate tech issues, and possible QC issues. Overall, though, I think that ST is amazing and that Stern did an excellent job!

At the moment I have a question about the clear window right above the pop-bumpers flasher. I noticed that there appears to be what looks like some small scratches/fine lines/cracks under the window. The scratches are not very noticeable when the flasher is off, but when it fires it is easy to see them. I seem to recall seeing this on other games, but I did not see it on my other machines. Is this normal for this kind of window?

I tried to take a picture and a video, but the flasher is just too bright. I included one here, though, just in case it might help.

Thank you all! I must say that for the most part I am really am enjoying the ST experience!

STLE Spider Webbing.JPGSTLE Spider Webbing.JPG

#4 10 years ago

I tried a different way to take a picture, from under the play field looking out. Hopefully these are clear enough.

For what it is worth, the inside of the window feels bumpy and rough but not really scratched up. It also does not feel cracked. As for the play field, thus clear coat, it feel fine.

Thanks all!

ST Window 2 (1).JPGST Window 2 (1).JPG
ST Window 2 (2).JPGST Window 2 (2).JPG

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

There is a Mylar overlay. It may justbe that

hmmm. It almost felt like when there is a protective piece of plastic over a new electronic device to protect the screen (which the buyers removes when they own the device). Is a mylar overlay sort of the same? Is it something that should be removed (I know that mylar is put down to protect but here I am not sure)? If it is considered normal and within usual NIB QC I would be fine with it.

#9 10 years ago

So this is normal, then?

I did try buffing the under area of the insert with a cloth and my finger and a little of that mylar cover flaked off so I stopped. While it does not seem to affect the little streaks, there does indeed seem to be a film on the under side of the insert. I also saw some of these streaks under the "Beam Me UP" inserts. Seems like its just how the play field is.

By the way, would someone be kind enough to take a quick picture of the underside of their STLE play field were the pop bumper flasher screws into the wood? Mine does not seem to want to go back in right as the screw is so long.

Thanks again, all. The game is a blast to play and is indeed so silky smooth!

#13 10 years ago

Hi all,

Thanks again for the replies. They are always appreciated.

As this is my first NIB I just wanted to make sure that what I noticed was normal as I want to protect the machine from undue issues, thus if the play field was not up to standards from the factory I rather deal with it now. It is good to know that the lines in the insert window are normal.

As for the asteroid, I just noticed that yesterday and turned it.

One other question, if I may. There are small pieces of metal that goes in between the two in-lanes and out-lanes at the bottom of the play field (in-between the "T" and "R" and "E" and "K" inserts). The piece of metal in-between the "E" and "K" inserts keeps popping out of the plastic on the non-screwed end. Is there a way to get it to hold? Should I just bend the metal a bit or does it need to be glued?

Thank you again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Santeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-noob-tech-questions?tu=Santeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.