IMG_2101.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg
IMG_2098.jpg
IMG_1668.jpg
IMG_1667.jpg
IMG_1666.jpg
mc-6.jpg
mc-4.jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I don't know if this has already been covered, but I was searching eBay and saw this ad for a NIB Mystery Castle by Alvin G. It's currently in Germany, however, and lists for $13,500 as a 'buy it now' item. Sorry if this topic has already been covered!

ebay.com link: PINBALL ALVIN G MYSTERY CASTLE SERIAL NUMBER 3564 BRAND NEW NIB

#2 9 years ago

Wow. I love when games show up as NIB that are decades old.

Should be interesting to watch the listing.

Marcus

#3 9 years ago

looks like the same guy has a NIB RFM and a couple older NIB sterns also CSI and one other.

#4 9 years ago

I was just getting ready to post this myself. It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens. I'd love to upgrade, but only in my dreams could I afford this thing!

I am still looking for a shipping box for my Alvin G memorabilia collection, so if someone here buys this and isn't keeping the box, please let me know.

#5 9 years ago

interesting

#6 9 years ago

Tape on top of the box look to be cut open and the box looks like it's gotten pretty wet.

mc-4.jpgmc-4.jpg mc-6.jpgmc-6.jpg
#7 9 years ago

What a great find. Will be watching.

#8 9 years ago

I know this seller .. hes a good guy

#10 9 years ago

check out his other machine auctions as well .. theres a NIB RFM in there and some others ebay.com link: itm

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Hope no battery damage!

Alvin G only used coin-type lithium batteries, and while it could go bad, it's not very likely.

Besides, even if the CPU was trashed, you can still get NOS ones for about $30 (yes, really).

Post edited by MattElder: added some info.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Alvin G only used coin-type lithium batteries, and while they could go bad, it's not very likely.

I did not know this. Good call.

#13 9 years ago

Does it have the elusive 3rd ROM's???

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

More than likely it'll have the third display ROM and revision 3 software. 3564 would have been close to the end of the run. Mine is 3526 and came from the factory with all of the above.

#15 9 years ago

God I still want one of these.

#16 9 years ago

If you look closely at the box, you can see a small square cut out of the side and taped back in, presumably to check condition.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

God I still want one of these.

God wants $13.5K.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

If you look closely at the box, you can see a small square cut out of the side and taped back in, presumably to check condition.

Yeah, I saw that inspection hole and that made me even more curious about which cabinet version this one has. Maybe we can get the guy to open it again and snap a pic.

These came in two different flavors.... Some with a plain black cabinet and some with the white speckles on the black. Former art director Dan Hughes told me that they were all supposed to have the speckles from the beginning, but for whatever reason Churchill delivered some without.

#19 9 years ago

Pinside, "The ultimate douche baggery of knucklehead wanna be pinball owners".... Ken you are one of them....

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

More than likely it'll have the third display ROM and revision 3 software. 3564 would have been close to the end of the run. Mine is 3526 and came from the factory with all of the above.

Nice! And Thanks Matt! I like this game so much I'm having one restored by Keller and probably over-spending but this game really has incredible sound and atmosphere like no other. Still I'm spending a lot less than $13,500.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Nice! And Thanks Matt! I like this game so much I'm having one restored by Keller and probably over-spending but this game really has incredible sound and atmosphere like no other. Still I'm spending a lot less than $13,500.

Hi Mike,

Good to hear from you. I was wondering how your game was coming along. That thing is going to be incredible when finished, and I'm extremely jealous! And yes, the music on this game is indeed great!

#22 9 years ago

Quoted from MattElder:Hi Mike,
Good to hear from you. I was wondering how your game was coming along. That thing is going to be incredible when finished, and I'm extremely jealous! And yes, the music on this game is indeed great!
Yea it's going to be a while for sure. I will keep you posted, I've decided to go all in but since I only have room for 5 games I have somehow justified this crazy decision.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Fortunately, these are no longer elusive. They are available to anybody with a MC.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Fortunately, these are no longer elusive. They are available to anybody with a MC.

Yes and thank God as I will be needing them. Gotta have those dancin skeletons!

#25 9 years ago

I was looking and pinball universe in Colorado has a HUO Alvin G Garage Band for $4K. Seems like this could be a better deal? I bought a machine from them before, and had good results.

#26 9 years ago

FWIW, I had the opportunity of buying 6 NIB M/C's when a local Alvin G dealer was trying to unload his stock. He wanted 1100.00 each for them! (Back in around '96)

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from randypinman:

I was looking and pinball universe in Colorado has a HUO Alvin G Garage Band for $4K. Seems like this could be a better deal? I bought a machine from them before, and had good results.

4k for a HUO World Tour is a bit steep IMHO. And for what it's worth, those pics on Pinball Universe have been the same for many years, and that is definitely not a HUO World Tour being shown (unless the homeowner was pretty rough on things). Anyway, either they just use those stock photos for every World Tour that they get in stock, or they have been sitting on that one for a very long time. Not sure where they got the 350 number from either, but 1000 of these were made.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

FWIW, I had the opportunity of buying 6 NIB M/C's when a local Alvin G dealer was trying to unload his stock. He wanted 1100.00 each for them! (Back in around '96)

Wow, if only we could travel back in time! It is crazy how much the price has jumped up on MC and Alvin G stuff in general. Pretty wild to think back and remember when it used to be somewhat tough to sell a MC....

That distributor in Connecticut....I think I chatted with him once. Was his name Mick? I ended up with their Alvin G distributor plaque not too long ago, but that's about all they had left in regards to Alvin G. Too bad they didn't have any NIB games left.

#29 9 years ago

I will find a mystery castle one day!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I don't know if this has already been covered, but I was searching eBay and saw this ad for a NIB Mystery Castle by Alvin G. It's currently in Germany, however, and lists for $13,500 as a 'buy it now' item. Sorry if this topic has already been covered!
ebay.com link » Pinball Alvin G Mystery Castle Serial Number 3564 Brand New Nib

Almost 2 weeks in, the seller has now increased his asking price to $13,700, and also increased shipping from $600 to $1000. Adding $600 is definitely an odd sales strategy.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

check out his other machine auctions as well .. theres a NIB RFM in there and some others ebay.com link

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Almost 2 weeks in, the seller has now increased his asking price to $13,700, and also increased shipping from $600 to $1000. Adding $600 is definitely an odd sales strategy.

otoh...realising the estimate was wrong and fixing it makes perfect sense. Would not be possible to ship for 400 or 600 ( not sure if typo or bad maths in there?). Even 1000 seems cheap for what it will really cost.

I asked him about the price increase - he essentially said "i forgot to allow for the ebay fee originally".

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Maybe we can get the guy to open it again and snap a pic.

black with speckles - see auction for new pics

#35 9 years ago

For anyone interested..Here's a really cool tour of the Alvin G factory back in 1993. They're actually working on MC.

Brought to you by TNT. Who else would have this but Todd Tuckey? Gotta love TNT.
Great Williams WH2O stuff at the end of the video.

#36 9 years ago

Mystery castle was the flipout tournament pin in 1993. Great game then and now!

#37 9 years ago

Sweet someone is going to be happy.

1 month later
#39 8 years ago

Yep, saw it came back. I'm just not sure how Anyone could stomach shipping it here...not much recourse in Germany would be reasonably available to an North American.

#40 8 years ago

Amazing shit like this comes up at times. Very very unique pin. Has a bit of a strange essence. I wonder how much it will sell for?

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Amazing shit like this comes up at times. Very very unique pin. Has a bit of a strange essence. I wonder how much it will sell for?

Probably a couple thousand bucks at the owner's estate sale after he fails to get $13k for it for the rest of his life.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Probably a couple thousand bucks at the owner's estate sale after he fails to get $13k for it for the rest of his life.

Lol well said!

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

+1

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

funny and true

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

What do you think the seller could realistically get for this? 8K maybe?

3 months later
#46 8 years ago

I have seen this game, i tried to buy it but the game is not what is looks like.
The game has severe water damage on the bottom.
Ask for pics of the backside of the game
I drove 1800 kilometers for nothing.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian:

I have seen this game, i tried to buy it but the game is not what is looks like.
The game has severe water damage on the bottom.
Ask for pics of the backside of the game
I drove 1800 kilometers for nothing.

Is it truly new in box? or has it been played and then put back in the box?

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Is it truly new in box? or has it been played and then put back in the box?

Its truly new in box.

Buyers beware, check the bottom side of the game.

#49 8 years ago

You could see corrosion on the bolts by the coin door and flipper buttons, so we knew there was moisture damage of some kind. Pity!

#50 8 years ago

BTW, the NIB RFM he had was in real nice shape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-mystery-castle-alvin-g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.