New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 63749)

NiB Monster Bash on ebay

By KoolFingers

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by doughslingers
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

trust.jpg
NOTNIB.jpg

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Just saw this on ebay
ebay.com link

Any guesses on what it will go for?

#2 7 years ago

That is pretty awesome to see...I know I could never afford it, but seeing one NIB is just cool.

Wonder if the buyer will buy it and unbox it or leave it as-is?

I'd say, with the right buyer, might tickle $20k.

#3 7 years ago

12k. But man what a find.

#4 7 years ago

I guess 20k.
Did the batteries come installed on the cpu in this era?

#5 7 years ago

Friggin awesome! But I'd rather have a HEP.

#6 7 years ago

Is it possible that the seller could of reboxed it? States that it was opened to inspect so its listed as used but I've never had a NIB so I'm not sure if reboxing is even possible, but if it is that's awesome!

Edit: had not looked at the pics when posted, to clean to be a reboxed

#7 7 years ago

Copied from his description:

"I will be traveling shortly after the auction ends..."

Haha! I'm sure. To a nice sunny beach somewhere.

I'm not sure what I'd do with this game. Leave it in the box to sell again 5 years from now; or open it, play it and lose $10k on the first game. Cool to see though.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

Is it possible that the seller could of reboxed it? States that it was opened to inspect so its listed as used but I've never had a NIB so I'm not sure if reboxing is even possible, but if it is that's awesome!

It's possible, and he states the box is not sealed, but not likely. It looks mint from what we can see.

#9 7 years ago

Not sure what a HEP MB go for-$15K?
I would guess NIB would fetch $16-$17.5K?
Just throwing a dart in the dark?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure what a HEP MB go for-$15K?
I would guess NIB would fetch $16-$17.5K?
Just throwing a dart in the dark?

i would just have chris do mine. you know what you are getting.

#11 7 years ago

$20K if he lifted the reserve and assured it was factory perfect inside.

#12 7 years ago

He's charging sales tax? That's kinda odd

10+ years ago I bought my huo MB from someone in the Bay Area who also had one NIB. I wonder if this is the same one

#13 7 years ago

Is it my eyes or does it kind of look like the one corner already has the start of leg wrinkling?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Is it my eyes or does it kind of look like the one corner already has the start of leg wrinkling?

They look to be scratched. And I didn't know these came with the security bar already installed.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

And I didn't know these came with the security bar already installed.

Yes, many late model WMS/Bally machines came with security bars already installed from the factory. Some examples are AFM, CV, MM, MB...

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

They look to be scratched. And I didn't know these came with the security bar already installed.

Doesn't look like a scratch, but a crack in the decal where it's probably lifted from the cabinet.

Yep. Most later WPC-95 games, CV, MB, SS, CC, etc., all came with security bars factory installed.

#17 7 years ago

Man thought would look nice in my basement!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Yes, many late model WMS/Bally machines came with security bars already installed from the factory. Some examples are AFM, CV, MM, MB...

Quoted from schudel5:

Doesn't look like a scratch, but a crack in the decal where it's probably lifted from the cabinet.
Yep. Most later WPC-95 games, CV, MB, SS, CC, etc., all came with security bars factory installed.

Thanks guys, I never knew that. You learn something new everyday.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

My CV, puchsed NIB had the security bar on it....it's now sitting in the cabinet

#20 7 years ago

There is a slight silhouette of where the legs had been put on. Not NIB NOTNIB.jpg

#21 7 years ago

Pretty sure all WPC95 and Pin2k had them

Quoted from BoJo:

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

There is a slight silhouette of where the legs had been put on. Not NIB

Nice catch

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Looks as if that's below where the leg bolts on so I'd so no it's not a mark from the leg.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Looks as if that's below where the leg bolts on so I'd so no it's not a mark from the leg.

You might be right, but it sure looks like something was there on both sides.

#25 7 years ago

I agree - looks like legs have been on. Surely it would have been wrapped in polythene too when shipped from factory?

#26 7 years ago

I hope the batteries aren't in it.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

I hope the batteries aren't in it.

I think it's been discussed before that it doesn't really matter if the batteries are in it or not. If they've leaked then the worst possible outcome is that you need to have the board replaced or repaired. If you're spending $10k to $20k on a game, what's another $200 to get the board fixed?

I'm pretty sure the games ship with the batteries in them so unless they've been taken out (maybe before it was reboxed?) they're going to be in there.

Dave

#28 7 years ago

as far as the legs possibly being on at some point, would they not be on the game at the factory? when i see pics of completed stern games at the factory aren't they on legs? maybe i am wrong here and no legs go on game at factory.

#29 7 years ago

That would be sweet, maybe if I won the lottery this weekend.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

So I'm sure your not counting this but during manufacturing the legs will be installed for a period of time for play and inspection all NIB games have been played with at the factory already common fact.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

as far as the legs possibly being on at some point, would they not be on the game at the factory? when i see pics of completed stern games at the factory aren't they on legs? maybe i am wrong here and no legs go on game at factory.

Stern does not install legs at the factory. Completed games are on carts and once they finish testing they go into the boxes. There are test machines that are on legs near the end of their production line.

#32 7 years ago

Gah, that's sweet. The leg imprints are probably fine. Worth the risk, if I had the money...

-Wes

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Stern does not install legs at the factory. Completed games are on carts and once they finish testing they go into the boxes. There are test machines that are on legs near the end of their production line.

Pretty sure you're right. If not, people would be bitching about their NIB game having leg imprints in the cabinet.

#34 7 years ago

I think it is NIB , I see no evidence of a leg impression, I do see the decal cracking at the left bottom corner and that could be caused by the wood . Factory decals are JUNK and I am sure they are very brittle 15 years later.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Factory decals are JUNK and I am sure they are very brittle 15 years later.

Yeah, remember NIB ≠ brand new. It's gonna have age issues just from sitting there.

#36 7 years ago

Does it come with completed code?

#37 7 years ago

Man, want one of these, but definitely to play, so probably not the best move for me....

#38 7 years ago

I retract my statement possibly legs were never installed when they were on rollers but still even just sitting for that long the decals probably aren't in best of shape. Exactly why he wanted to find a way to preserve them when he bought it.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

I retract my statement possibly legs were never installed when they were on rollers but still even just sitting for that long the decals probably aren't in best of shape. Exactly why he wanted to find a way to preserve them when he bought it.

Fast forward 15 years and we have the metal Stern leg protectors, so that MB's factory decals will be protected if the new owner chooses to set it up.

#40 7 years ago

It's at $15,000 and has met the reserve. Still 4 days left.

#41 7 years ago

Wow...18k is in range then. Maybe higher with last minute bumpage.

IMHO this is a bad buy now. You can get a MB and ship it off to (Keller, McCune, HEP) for far less and end up with better product.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Wow...18k is in range then. Maybe higher with last minute bumpage.
IMHO this is a bad buy now. You can get a MB and ship it off to (Keller, McCune, HEP) for far less and end up with better product.

I agree completely (and I'm not just saying that because that's what I've done ) but there will ALWAYS be collectors out there who prefer all original pins that are in superb condition. A NIB MB is quite a find. Still...what would you do with it? Once it's opened and played...it will lose a lot of it's value, which is the main problem that I have with these NIB prices for the top tiered classic DMD pins. I buy them to play them, not keep them in a box.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

You can get a MB and ship it off to (Keller, McCune, HEP) for far less and end up with better product.

I don't know about FAR less, but less.....well maybe. Depends on how much you initially spend on one, really.

#44 7 years ago

There's a certain (and expensive) appeal about all-original collector quality machines

#45 7 years ago

So if you were going to play it, how much would it be worth to you?

#46 7 years ago

Better to get one restored versus that price imo......you'd have to keep it in the box to avoid losing at least 10% right away....

#47 7 years ago

I hope whoever gets it opens it, fixes all the issues age has brought on (all the rubbers must be shot etc) and then plays it and enjoys.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I think it's been discussed before that it doesn't really matter if the batteries are in it or not. If they've leaked then the worst possible outcome is that you need to have the board replaced or repaired. If you're spending $10k to $20k on a game, what's another $200 to get the board fixed?
I'm pretty sure the games ship with the batteries in them so unless they've been taken out (maybe before it was reboxed?) they're going to be in there.
Dave

Battery acid can also damage the backglass and surrounding boards. It can make a real mess if the batteries have been leaking for many years as that stuff spreads and spreads. The worst thing is you never really know if you got it all when you clean it up...

#49 7 years ago

Wow. I've never even seen an original Williams box!

#50 7 years ago

I would definetly sell the NIB machine and with the money by a used MB that is in good condition and have some cash left over. That way I could enjoy playing a game that would probably go up in value over the years instead of losing a ton of money on the first play of a NIB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 37.50
$ 89.99
$ 11.00
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 9.95
$ 209.00
$ 14.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
Boards
PinSound
£ 50.00
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Denver, CO
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside